Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Maxzda CX-9 model 2010 vs 2011

oraclefusionsoraclefusions Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Mazda
Mazda dealer is offering me a discount on 2010 (touring model)

1. 3 years (or 60,000 km) free service (oil change etc)
2. $2,600 discount over 2011 touring model
3. vcool tinted glass free
4. only white and black colors are available for 2010

As per him, the only difference between 2010 and 2011 touring model are tyre rims design. So why to pay extra 2,600 plus also pay for services charges for every visit at 5,000 km

Question:
1. should i take the offer?
2. is it true the only difference are alloy wheels design?
3. i heard in 2011 there is blind spot detection, but perhaps this is an option even in 2011, perhaps i could buy it for 2010 also as an accessory?
4. any reasons why i should not go for 2010 but buy 2011?
cheers

Comments

• cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Blind Spot Monitoring System has been available since 2007.
    It is standard on on GT, and optional on others.
    2011 has better MPG through fuel control programming. Check the EPA numbers.
    1+ city and 2+ highway.
    In addition to new wheel design.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    BSMS is only available on the GT trim, not an option on the Sport or Touring.
    Stand corrected.
    It used to an option on GT, then, it became it must-have option on GT, then it became standard on GT.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    With the unusually high rate of failures of the engine/turbo combination why would anyone consider purchasing a CX-7...?
    I am sorry, but why did you mention CX-7?
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Old age or stupidly, take your pick.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    It used to an option on GT, then, it became it must-have option on GT, then it became standard on GT.

That is correct! They were an option in '07 and the early part of '08. It became standard on all GT models in late '08.
  • dogdoc1997dogdoc1997 Member Posts: 32
    I just bought A GT 2010 and got $6500 off, ask again, NOT $2600, unless the deal just ended...the only diff I hear on GT models is that the 2011 has the speed sensing that locks doors at a certain mph; cannot see why they cannot program that on a 2010. The dealer told me my 2009 SAAB wagon would not do that...then they told me they could program, it for a Fee$$$...and they did l hate to read these horror stories on the CX9 BUT I wanted an MDX and since 2001 they still are replacing TORQUE CONVERTERS, you would think HONDA would have fixed that design flaw(overheating) by now.... every BRAND has its PROBLEMS!!!!! I know, I have researched them all, MY WIFE says next life I should be a DETECTIVE!!!lol, dogdoc, ATlanta
    If you did lots of research on CX9, then you should have known that the door locking is programmable on 2010 (5 modes) with default being no locking. For 2011, the default mode is locking (speed-sensitive or gear-sensitive). Search on... :)
  • dogdoc1997dogdoc1997 Member Posts: 32
    does the dealer have to program it? as you read my SAAB comment they said it did not do it either but my hunch was right; thought it hadto BE possible on the 2010 with all that programmable mess,lol
    The procedures to program a 2010 is on this forum.
    Please search for it. :)
  • bltzkrigbltzkrig Member Posts: 7
    AFAIR, on my 2011 Touring, the default was no automatic door locking. But I used the program available on this forum and now they lock when the speed goes beyond 10-12 mph.
  • jlamottajlamotta Member Posts: 3
    It depends. How long do you plan on keeping this car? The 1-2 mpg is nothing to disregard. Let's assume you drive 12.5k miles a year and keep the car for 8 years. That's 100,000 miles. Assuming you would average 17mpg in a 2010 versus 18.5mpg in a 2011, (and further assuming gas at $3.50 a gallon over the next 8 years), that's a saving of $1670 with the 2011. Your $2600 savings is now less than $1000. Next, consider the inherent depreciation you suffer when you drive a 2010 off the lot versus a 2011. You're now breaking even. (That being said, I just bought a 2010. I didn't consider the gas mileage issue when I bought.) I mention this because you should not hesitate to let the dealer know you are doing them a favor taking this car off their hands. Hint: check the manufacture date on the 2010 driver's door sill. You will probably notice that the car was manufactured several months ago. The dealer is losing real money on that car in his own finance costs ever day that car sits on his lot. You have the bargaining power, especially since we are almost into Feb of 2011! Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.