Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln LS

Comments

• msaralnomsaralno Member Posts: 9
    Just my opinion, and hope I don't offend anyone:

As far as a spoiler add-on, I witnessed a red (autumn?) LS with a spoiler shortly after buying my LS. I felt it seriously detracted from what I consider to be the understated luxury/performance look of the car. The spoiler appeared to me to be a giant step towards making the LS look like a Pontiac Bonneville SSEi, the clown of sport sedans with more plastic pieces and parts than seems possible.

To those who have a spoiler or a Bonneville, people say I have a big nose.
  • lateralglateralg Member Posts: 929
    Has anyone removed & re-installed the console top ... the part surrounding the shift lever?

If so, what were the steps?
  • thomas_lthomas_l Member Posts: 134
    On of the items on my initial punchlist was a deformed pass side door seal. It was folded up into the crack between the leading edge of the window frame and the A pillar. At highway speeds you could hear wind noise as a small piece was poking out. It was replaced and not been a problem.
    I'll make that trip. Mapquest puts it at 730 mi - just a few more than my quarterly FL trip at 600, just the other direction.
  • arnolsarnols Member Posts: 7
    I belong to the low end of the LS amateur demographics (29) and I'm precisely in the category described by swauger: "Would appeal to people who would love a luxury sport car but can't cough up the bucks for a LS". I test drove the LS twice (manual and V8 Sport) and I just loved it! Interestingly enough, I had absolutely no problems finding a manual to test drive here in MA, the dealer had several on the lot (it was about 6 months ago). I love the looks (I think it looks so much better than the Jag), the driving experience, the feel. It's much better than the Acura 3.2TL too. But it's kind of out of my range. On the other hand a "baby" LS with V6 at around $25/27k, built on the same platform, with the same dynamics would be awesome! I don't need so big a car anyway, and with the weight reduction, it would only improve even more the performance. So if it's not some sort of secret, could someone in the know elaborate on the rumor, if it has at least some grounds for truth? Otherwise I may just get a used one, but I kinda prefer buying new.
    Too bad you couldn't do that a little earlier or over a weekend. 7pm out west is way past my bedtime (I'm 34 and feel like 74 after about 10pm).

Slightly off topic warning:: I also second swauger's remark about the empty parking lot. Everytime I hear someone make a snide comment about "must be nice" or some such horsesh** I think about empty parking lots and 2am cell phone calls while on vacation. Fortunately that doesn't happen often. You ought to take a look at this speech about "fortune" by an Atlanta based talk radio host I like to listen to once in a while. You will have this running through your head everytime you watch the 6 o'clock news.

• cwesleycwesley Member Posts: 55
    Wanted to join the Mania crew in sunny California, but had conflicts at work. Glad to hear more talk about an event at Wixom as I would be there for sure. Would even bring my brother-in-law as it is his A-plan benefit that brought me my S.
  • drolds1drolds1 Member Posts: 247
    See my post #206. Coming from the "horse's mouth", it sure sounded to me like the "baby" LS is more than a rumor. A lasting impression that I came away from LS Mania with is that these Lincoln guys are a force to be reckoned with.
  • carjimcarjim Member Posts: 155
    Ezian, let's hear from you regarding the switch of your single visors with TC's dual ones (#207). Did it work?
    Back when we were making out wish lists for J.Rogers (months ago), I listed dual visors because, here in Texas, the sun is murder at some angles. My '93 Buick LeSabre has them. Surely a Lincoln should.
    Nasty!

I think it's terrific. I want a patch for my jacket. And a hat. Maybe a decal if small enough for a corner of the quarter window.
  • amengualamengual Member Posts: 33
    thomas_1 - I could not agree more. I remember many stretches were I never saw the sun. Going to work when it was dark, working through lunch and leaving when it was dark again. Doing all of that is what allows me to buy an LS now when I'm only 41.

Hector
  • lolaj42lolaj42 Member Posts: 420
    Brian,

I think you're a creative genious! Coupling a tour of the Wixom plant with the Detroit Grand Prix would be awesome. Traveling from Arizona would probably preclude me from driving, but since I have family not far from Detroit/Wixom, lodging fees would not be an issue. I think I could even have a few gear-head relatives in tow! I can hardly wait to get this set-up!
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    That talk-show host is Neal Boortz, on WSB-750 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm; he is a libertarian, and his opinions are enough to make a capitalist happy as a pig in xxx...he has about 25 or so litle dissertations on his web site, all quite intelligent, but I believe it is against the rules to post his website...is it???
    Unless I missed something, I think it's appropriate to post hyperlinks that support a discussion. I even mentioned in #256 that I was getting off the usual chat about shift patterns and sun visors. My point was: swauger's remark about seeing his lonely LS out in the parking lot at night reminded him why he works so hard. I strongly agree with that and it brought to mind the Boortz article. My apologies if that offended anyone.
  • mike43ncmike43nc Member Posts: 13
    Just returned from having the 01-01-05 TSB applied to my 00 V8 Sport (build 2/00) which
    was having 3 - 4 second response times on shifts into Reverse. The shifts to Reverse
    from anywhere are now sub-second. Leith L/M in Raleigh did the work, along with the 8K
    oil change and tire rotation (also ball joints checked OK). No loaner car, as it was
    done in an hour. I spent most of the hour chatting with some L/M sales people
    about using LLSOC.com and Edmunds.com as sales tools for the LS. They couldn't believe
    the stories about the Irvine Mania event.

Put Leith L/M (Raleigh, NC) on the "A" list for dealers.
  • heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    Hey! What a slew of great responses. Thanks much to all. A few comebacks:

Splash guards: (Thanks for the part numbers) I've asked my dealer for a price to install. These are definites. Nothing worse than a bunch of road tar etc caked on the lower body under the front doors and rear quarter.

Spoiler: I appreciate the opinions of all, good and bad on this one. I would think long and hard before doing it. I'm going to try to contact swauger's dealer if mine has no spoiler contacts. There's one link on LLSOC to a co. that has unpainted spoilers for $240. But I think they lack the taillights. I guess I'm looking for a way for the exterior of the car to give more of a hint of what lies inside.

Pinstripe: Yeah, that one slipped my mind. Saw a charcoal or black LS at Mania event with a little pinstripe job. Looked nice. I didn't see yours, Rene. In fact, my biggest regret from Irvine is that I didn't think to spend time looking at how all you LS fanatics personalized your own cars.

Front lic bracket: I'm gonna call the dealer and tell them not to install this one. Even though I'm in california, I don't have a bracket or a license plate on the front of my Mark8 and it doesn't seem to have bothered anyone with a badge.

Moonroof air deflector: Gonna wait and see on this one.

Bra: Good points by johnnylinc on the downsides of this. Probably will skip it.

Lamp guard kit: Another interesting possibility. **Also, I see on the Registry that some folks have replaced their headlamps.** Are the factory ones not bright enuf? They'll look fine to me, I'm sure, being used to those on my pre-Xenon Mark8.

Wood kit: I'm probably gonna do this. I lost the link to exotic, but remember they have a few diff kits from a couple to 9 or more pieces as I recall. I think I'll be happy with covering the black plastic around the radio and HVAC control areas. Can't imagine where else the wood may go.

Tinted windows: I worry about having them wrinkle, as swauger points out. Maybe I'll rethink this one.

Speakers: I hope I don't have to tear the door panels off and swap speakers, but am resigning myself to this as a probability. I'll live with it first and see how it sounds. Will test for sure with some favorite CDs: Beatles, Beethoven, Eminem :>)

Thanks agian, George and Whitney
  • ls1bmw0ls1bmw0 Member Posts: 782
    A very talented graphic artist from Oklahoma named Shana Taylor drew this up for me. I figured I would give the board the first public viewing of the official LLSOC logo. Here it is. Hope you like it. I certainly do.

Brian

• jdonneejdonnee Member Posts: 56
    I saw Mikes message above. We live in the same town and I took my LS in to the newest dealer in town today and they just called me to tell me that they could not download the reflash yet it said it was available.

Any siuggestions for them other than to push the right button!!
  • jdonneejdonnee Member Posts: 56
    I really like the Logo but I am not sure I like the spoiler part. I love the agressive front end on the logo.
    In addition to the exotic wood kit, splash guards, and window tint (which I have had done to my last five cars in Arizona without wrinkles, bubbles, or discoloration), and cargo net, I have neglected to mention another doo-dah that I have found necessary to combat Arizona's bruttal sun . . . the dashmat. Here's a link to their web site http://www.dashmatco.com/

I purchased my dashmat at Checker Auto, but I'm sure they can be found in most auto parts stores. They come in a host of colors and usually match or complement interior colors quite well. I have the light graphite interior, and chose the smoke colored velour dashmat. It secures with adhesive-backed velcro that you can place in multiple locations of your choice. I have found that the dashmat provides excellent UV protection from the sun, thus protecting it from early cracking and general deterioration. Further, as the web site explains, it reduces the film build-up on the windshield resulting from the gasses emitted from the vinyl dash material. The carpeted material is guaranteed not to shrink, while the velour is not, although I have owned several velour mats for my various vehicles without ever experiencing shrinkage (my last was 10 years old). My LS dashmat fits perfectly, and has cut-outs for the sensors located at the base of the windshield between the vents.

I hope someone finds this useful.

• pluskinpluskin Member Posts: 79
    Wouldn't your wish for a baby-LS be kinda sorta provided by the next generation DEW98 based Mustang? I know its not a sedan, but still...
  • ezaircon4jcezaircon4jc Member Posts: 793
    I had the reflash done yesterday and an TOTALLY satisfied! No more hesitating shifts. As the CD, it seems that only the factory changer will work. I guess the dealer and I are going to go round and round over this. I just placed a call to them, we'll see what happens.

I just checked on the visors. The passenger side is $125, the drivers (with HOMELINK) is $460. So much for that idea! Oh well, after SDG&E quits ripping me off on my gas & electric, maybe then I can afford the change :)
    I agree w/jdonnee on the logo. The rear spoiler/wing is a little much. Maybe more of a NASCAR type spoiler.
  • giowagiowa Member Posts: 599
    Post #70 at the Edmunds Town Hall Jaguar S-type #2, posted today, mentions a Jaguar S-type enthusiast discussion group. markofwestminster. Some interesting posts. Lots of discussions on multitude of topics, some potentially related & of interest to LS matters (e.g., engine idling, transmission engagement). They're passionate about their S-types.
  • giowagiowa Member Posts: 599
    Looked at NHTSA web site. Says they are going to do their '01 LS front and side crash test this month (1/01). Hope they'll publish the results soon.
  • jcrockerjcrocker Member Posts: 2
    so.. this is my first post, although I have been silently reading for some time... First, thanks for all the fun we had at Mania in Irvine. It was the most awesome time, and I was certainly the envy of all my car-crazy colleagues here to meet with a bunch of people who think the baby is cute! Some good driving going on out there too (until SOMEONE knocked over all the finish cones... )

As I said in my chat in Irvine, the LS was crafted by a group of enthusiasts who started to appear from every area of the company as they learned how serious Lincoln was about the LS. It's an awesome environment.

You folks really do help set the agenda here at Lincoln. Be assured that your posts and commentary is read and discussed.
    I had promised some info in CA.
    Lugnut torque spec is 85-105 ft-lb.

I recommend that you don't lower your LS. THe geometry and suspension compliances are all optimized to a specific ride height, so the ultimate grip may be slightly affected, but the transient response of the car will be changed in unforeseen ways. I talked in Irvine about the rear compliant steer effect which gives us great agility at low speeds yet makes the car stable at autobahn speeds - mess with it at your own risk. ... For more details, ask JR ( the marketing guy who had to move the rear-view mirror to the side window on the autocross... ha-ha!).

I would only recommend the released tires on the LS. This Firestone is pretty special. I agree that sometimes the owner has a different set of priorities, but how as a consumer do you predict what you will get for steering precision and NVH etc. BEFORE you buy, to be sure you'll meet your priorities? I drive a Super 7 all summer, if you are wondering about MY priorities.. :-) Just my 2 cents.

I enjoyed the commentary about advancetrac on the autocross. The BMW/Lexus strategy appears to be late and therefore heavy intervention. Ours is more subtle, IMHO, thanks to the work of some ex-Benetton F1 engineers who opted to deliver the LS system. Proprietary - I can't explain further. For an expert driver hyped on adrenaline on a dry track, Advancetrac prevents the lurid slides etc. to get thru TIGHT turns. Drinking coffee, on the interstate, doing the cell phone, in the wet, you'll be very happy you have it.

GLad to see we did the right thing deleting the curb feelers and Landau roof from our future plans .

Again, the mania event and this board is super energizing for the peope living and breathing the LS. THanks!
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    I'm honored to post just after Jonathan (unless someone else got in first). It was fun to talk with him at LS Mania, and it's nice to see a posting on the site from yet another senior Lincol executive.

Insurance: This car is cheaper to insure than my Eagle Vision. Neither was especially expensive, so the driving factor is probably the person rather than the car.

300M baiting: I just can't resist. These people are so damn proud of their cars that are sold at 0.9% financing with god-knows how many thousand dollars of rebate. I used to own one, and it was fun. . .until it fell apart. It could corner well, but compared to what we enjoyed at Irvine, there's absolutely no contest.

Options: I didn't record who was asking for option advice, but as most of you who follow this forum know, I'm big into keeping things simple. That aside, window tint and splash guards are good things. The window tinting may be location-dependant. If you live in the hellhole that is Phoenix, you will be blessed with dozens of firms that can do an excellent, long-lasting job. They have to, to stay in business. If, on the other hand, you live in an area in which tint is a fashion statement rather than a requirement, your're on your own. As to the splash guards, the aerodynamics of the car are such that any crud on the pavement WILL end up on the side of your car.

LS Mania II: God, I'd love to participate. However, since I have kids and we tend to do the family vacation stuff in the summer, it could be difficult. That said, I still might be able to "juggle" things. Keep us posted.

Logo for LS Mania: Brian, you've done such a wonderful job (the site doesn't pulse anymore, and everything's much easier to access) that I hesitate to even whisper a discouraging word. That said, I will now echo the respnse regarding the spoiler: IT SUCKS. The rest of it is wonderful. Where do I sign?
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • jnowskijnowski Member Posts: 96
    You can count me in!
  • desertguydesertguy Member Posts: 730
    I have to echo cdnpinheads take on the window tinting. In the desert where I live a medium tint is very beneficial in keeping the sun from ruining your interior and keeping the car a little cooler. I have a titanium tint with a lifetime guarantee from the manufacturer. I suggest asking luxo car dealers whom they use. The one I used was used by the BMW, Jag, Rolls, etc. dealers. They can't afford any crappy jobs coming back to haunt them. And hey, it looks really cool too!
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    I have no idea what the URL is for www.exoticwooddash.com . I guess you'll just have to keep looking until you find it.

I used a dealer installed kit (actually done by a local shop) because nobody else had the exotic kit yet, they didn't have any pictures of it and they wanted $75 restocking fee if I didn't like it. So I let the dealer do it because I saw one in the showroom and knew what I was getting. It's probably the same kit. It matches perfectly. Here's an old picture of mine - I covered the entire center console and IMNSHO it looks fabulous!

http://home.att.net/~ajkirby/lsdash.jpg

• eyaroneyaron Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone got/installed this add on for the Lincoln LS?
    If so I have two questions:

1. Does it work properly?
    2. For someone who is technical, 3 on the scale of 1-5 (5 is the highest), is it visable to install on your own?
  • raymmerraymmer Member Posts: 16
    I've been reading here since November 2000. I must say that my reading your experiences and responses convinced me to give up my 1999 M-B E320 and get a new 2001 V-8 Sport. Mine is Autumn Red with Parchment and I love it! I have had it since 2 Jan 01 and only have 800 miles on it so far. I have had no major problem but it seems that it might have a droning at low speeds. I will take it in at around the 1000 mile mark to have it checked.
    I have followed the LS Mania posting and wish that I could have attended it but maybe if the summer Mania goes I will be there! Am interested in putting in the wood but I don't want all the pieces so I just might forget it. I will however, have the splash guards put on.
    One of the major reasons for buying the LS in addition the free sked maintenance was having the use of a Lincoln loaner car! When I took my Benz in for service they had Honda Civics as loaner cars! I was all over the owner about this but to no avail. I loved the car but that was all! I promise not to vent as long in the future. I love the car and where can I get a Lincoln LS hat?
    I'm having a front tag made that has the Lincoln symbol in red and the L and S on either side in gold to go on the front license brackett.
    raymmer, the former T-bolt in my early life.
    Brian, for those of us that couldn't be there for the chat last Sunday as they were celebrating their 24th wedding anniversary, is the transcript going to be on llsoc.com? I know that that would be beaucoup work, just curious.
    Mike.
    Just a warning on the splash guards. They will scrape the ground on steepish driveways, or over speed bumps with anyone over 100lbs. in the back. Sometimes over steep speed bumps. They are, however, indispensable.
  • scottc8scottc8 Member Posts: 617
    about your dash mat. My car also has lt. graphite interior. I bought a mat from DashCovers USA, a light grey I thought would match the overall interior, but it looks terrible. It fits fine, but the color is all wrong on top of the dark upper & front part of the dash. I can't even bring myself to actually stick it down. Can you describe the color of yours? Such a dope, I didn't even think about the color of the TOP of the dash when I was ordering it.

Scott

Sorry, Brian, I have to go with the anti-spoiler crowd.
    Here's a reply from Jeff Sobcyzk from the BMW CC-San Diego chapter. If any of the SoCal would like to do this send me an email at brian.gowing@llsoc.com so I can let them know how many to expect. I'm definitely going, even if it is by my lil ol self!
    ============================================
    Hello Brian! Yes! We are always up to a challenge! Our next autocross is February 10 in the big west lot at Qualcomm Stadium. But before I give you a formal invitation I should ask you how many participants you would expect from your club? I want to make sure that we have enough room at this event. Typically we run our autocross events with no advance registration. We have a first come, first served policy for registering the day of the event not to exceed 80 entrants. It is not necessary to have a BMW to run but you must be a club member to run. Those who are not club members can sign up as a new member the day of the event. We have many club members who run non BMWs such as Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, VWs, Acuras, Audis and Mercedes. Our autocross events typically run $40 which includes lunch. BMW club membership is $35 per year. I might add that our next event is in the west lot at Qualcomm where we have been able to set up tracks as long as 1.4 miles long! Please let me know if you have an interest in our next event so I can talk to the rest of our team to see how we can best put this together! Look forward to hearing from you.
    Jeff Sobczyk
    P.S. Almost forgot! If you have an interest in renting a lot at Qualcomm you need to contact Enid Warnock at 619 641-3105.

Brian Gowing wrote:

Hi Jeff! My name is Brian Gowing and I'm the founder of the Lincoln LS Owners Club, LLSOC for short. I came across the SD chapter of the BMWCCA site and I noticed you folks hold autocrosses. LLSOC is a new club that started 2 months ago and we already have about 100 members from all over the country, with quite a few in SoCal. We just held an event at LM HQ in Irvine with an autocross setup at Wild Rivers, which everyone really enjoyed. I was wondering if your folks would be interested in a little friendly competition at an autocross? The LSs are all stock, with variations of the 6/8 Sport and non-Sport models so we wouldn't want to go head-to-head against M3s. But it would be a lot of fun to go up against the 3 and 5 series, excluding the 540i! What do you think? Would you folks be interested in sharing some of your autocross time with the upstarts from the States? Check out our site at www.llsoc.com and let me know. Also if we wanted to hold an autocross of our own at Qualcomm how do we go about doing it? Thanks!Brian Gowing
    Founder/LS Evangelist
    Lincoln LS Owners Club (LLSOC)
    www.llsoc.com
    brian.gowing@llsoc.com
    Since the inception of LLSOC it has been a trademark of mine to always listen to the comments and act accordingly, the spoiler will be banished from the club logo, even though it looks cool on the race car. I'll put the new one on LLSOC tomorrow. See what lucky folks you are! You got to see it and make changes before the public viewing :)

Brian
    I can't believe I'm going to admit this to you guys, but I went looking for the chat transcript tonight only to find nothing. I'm sure I turned on the logging but it seems to have vanished. Sorry to all. I'll know better next time.

The good news is that Leavy has volunteered to be on several more chats with us. I will make sure that it is set for a more agreeable time so that all coasts can actively participate. We will focus on one performance area at a time so it won't be so confusing. Plus a lot of the stuff that was up in the air may have materialized by the next chat and Leavy can give more concrete answers.

I'll also take a separate backup of the chat so in case the loss of the transcript turns out to not be my fault, I'll have another copy available.
    I got the smoke colored VELOUR dash mat, not the carpeted version. The smoke color is actually a darker gray, and matches the top portion of the dashboard (the portion it actually covers) pretty closely. As I indicated earlier, I purchased mine at Checker Auto, where I was able to view swatches of the velour color choices. A few folks at the Mania event noticed, complimented, and inquired as to where I obtained it, so I think the "smoke" color was the correct choice.

I chose the velour dash mat because it more closely matches the texture of the headliner material that runs down the A-pillars as opposed to the carpeting/mats. Since these materials meet with each other, I considered this choice to be best (not to mention that I just plain prefer it).

If you can't find a store that carries the dash mat product, I would suggest that you contact them (e-mail, or phone) and inquire where you can find their nearest retailer, as I am sure that you could view the sample colors. When I placed my order at Checker Auto, the dash mat was completed in less than 10 days! And that was this time last year. It fits perfectly!
    I can't believe I'm going to admit this to you guys, but I went looking for the chat transcript tonight only to find nothing. I'm sure I turned on the logging but it seems to have vanished. Sorry to all. I'll know better next time.

The good news is that Leavy has volunteered to be on several more chats with us. I will make sure that it is set for a more agreeable time so that all coasts can actively participate. We will focus on one performance area at a time so it won't be so confusing. Plus a lot of the stuff that was up in the air may have materialized by the next chat and Leavy can give more concrete answers.

I'll also take a separate backup of the chat so in case the loss of the transcript turns out to not be my fault, I'll have another copy available.
  • swaugerswauger Member Posts: 91
    "Wouldn't your wish for a baby-LS be kinda sorta provided by the next generation DEW98 based Mustang? I know its not a sedan, but still..."

Not really, they are two extremely different approaches to automotive design, luxury sport sedan vs. muscle car. I've owned my share of Stangs, and while they are fine cars (and I enjoyed them immensely at the time), they don't offer the refinement and luxury features the LS does, and I think a lot of people shopping for things like Lexus, BMW, baby Benz's, Passats, etc. are looking for more luxury and fewer raw edges than the Stang represents. As I've gotten a little older and traffic has gotten progressively worse, the LS is more my style, comfortable, luxurious, but still fast and handles extremely well, still has enough performance to keep me smiling.
  • swaugerswauger Member Posts: 91
    Another thing that convinced me not to buy a rear spoiler (other than I kind of think the rear end looks classier without it) is the result of one very high speed run I made, up to about 130 mph. The car was so planted to the ground and so stable, I felt that it would be darned hard to improve on its aerodynamics and a good chance that any alteration, particularly an aftermarket spoiler that probably hasn't had any real wind tunnel time in its development, might very well screw up the high speed aerodynamics. The Lincoln engineers did VERY well with the basic shape and chassis/steering dynamics of the car, and I think it'd be easy to undo this with ill chosen accessories.
  • lsjimlsjim Member Posts: 14
    During a recent visit to my local service dept, I found a resource that might help y'all find a part that your looking for (presuming you have the part #).

Check out www.partsvoice.com Click on find auto parts in the pull down menu and go from there. Very useful if you have a few dealers to chose from. It will tell you who has your part in stock. Note: it's not updated daily, I understand it is updated montly, but still could be of use if you have a need and the dealer shows more than 1 in stock....
  • drolds1drolds1 Member Posts: 247
    Yesterday, I was sniffing around BON when I was stopped in my tracks by a news article welcoming 2 new affiliates. One of these was "Lincoln Motor Sports." Naturally, my little fingers could not click fast enough. This opened up a home page which states that they specialize in the Mark VIII, but that they carry a line of performance products for all Lincoln products, INCLUDING the LS6/8. There are lots of pictures of modified Marks, but also a thumbnail sketch of a tarted-up LS.

They have an amazing array of things for the Mark ranging from full engine service for the Romeo V8 to high-stall torque converters, suspension kits, entire rearend center sections, driveshafts, 17" & 18" Cobra wheels to fit the Mark, cold air kits, ignition systems, underdrive pulleys, etc-you get the picture. They seem to also have nitrous kits and superchargers, although these windows would not open up. There are also appearance items and what looks like killer exhaust systems (complete with downloadable sample sound bytes).
    I know that a number of you owned (or still own)Mark VIII's. You will enjoy their photo gallery. There are pictures of Marks doing big, smoky burnouts and even a couple Marks that appear to be set up for pro street drag racing. Who ever thought there were 12 second Mark VIII's "on the bottle" running around on the street? Sorry for babbling, but as a one-time 1/4-miler/street racer, I really get off on this stuff. After I cleaned the drool off my keyboard, I returned to what interests us. I called their east coast number (NJ, Brian)and got voice mail. By that time in the afternoon, after struggling all day with our new "paperless system" software at work, I was not in the mood. I have emailed them asking for specifics re the LS and a catalog, if they offer one. I mentioned llsoc.com and Edmunds; that there was an untapped enthusiast market for the LS. They seem to offer discounts to clubs, specifically Lincolns of Distinction (LOD).I eagerly await their reply. I will post any response.

In the meantime, if anyone is interested, the address is: http://www.maxrpm.com/2001/newlms/lmsindex.htm.

They also have some good links to other Lincoln sites including one with a picture of a modified LS. You west coast guys, note that they have a Las Vegas location. Phone numbers are in the "contact us" section of the site.

Brian, a "refined" logo will look great on a shirt or hat. BTW-any progress on the shirts you had in the works.

Of course, you know I will make every effort to attend a summer bash in Wixom!

• tprjimmytprjimmy Member Posts: 6
    I think that your dash area looks great; it seems that someone at Lincoln fell asleep at the switch when it came to that area. My question: where (or from whom) can I get the materials for just the portion shown? I tried a few websites and they only sell the entire kit which is "a bit much"-woodwise.
  • amengualamengual Member Posts: 33
    swauger, where were you able to drive that fast? I haven't gone that fast since I tried to max every gear of a brand new 1985 Mustang GT in Colorado. I got smart/scared and never maxed 4th gear! If the LS drives like you say (I get mine this week) I better start shopping around for a radar detector now.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    You'll probably have to get the whole kit and just use the pieces you want. After you get them you might decide you like some of the other pieces. I know the shops can get individual pieces so you might try asking if they'll just sell you a few pieces. May be cheaper to get the set anyway. What you can't see from the picture is that I also did the armrests and they also look great. Didn't care for the extra horizontal dash pieces or the pieces around the tiny triangular vents either, but I did put on the A/C vent trim after I took delivery. I agree that having more wood (I don't care if it's faux - it looks good to me!) would help the LS compete with the germans and reduce the "looks like a Taurus" comments.
    I like them both.
    Also, I think your artist might prefer a crack at what's left after the spoiler removal. The balance seems just a tad off.

Maybe move the hood ornament star to upper left & reduce it ???

Brian: It seems to me that you deserve all rights for manufacture and marketing of LLSOC paraphenalia
    Is it just me, or do the instructions for the spell checker have a high fog index?
    So, whadaya think? Better or worse?

image target=_blank

• desertguydesertguy Member Posts: 730
    Check the exotic wood web site they have several kits at least for the 2000 LS. Some have only 9 pieces, some 21. I'm going to order the 9 pc plus the radio surround.

Logo looks great Brian!