Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

L8_ApexL8_Apex Posts: 187
Welcome to the continuation of the Chrysler 300M XIX topic. Those of you joining us from that topic are welcome to continue your discussion.

If you're new to this topic, you may want to follow the above link for additional archived posts.

Thanks,

L8_Apex
Host
Sedans Message Board

Comments

• racefan9racefan9 Posts: 120
    just my pompous, highfalutin, in your face attitude, taking over the first spot...yes and i'm successful and i have great style!!!
    http://underwire.msn.com/underwire/reallife/Lu/103lucilleA.asp

Racefan9's 300m
  • Hey there all M'ers,

Can anyone recommend a good Five-Star Service Dept. in the Northern New Jersey area? My dealer is about 50 miles from home, and I wasn't thrilled with the service there at any rate.
    Thanks in advance.

Stumpy
  • lflowerslflowers Posts: 155
    I can tell from your post......that you're modest too!!!

Lynn
    Texas modest!!! hee hee hee, what color is your m??? so where is everyone are they completely lost now that we went to XX??
  • Does that mean we're soft core? Do we have to get to XXX to be fully hard core??? ;-)
    Colors-What about slate? Do we combine the attributes of both gray and black? I wonder why green isn't mentioned?
    looks like we'll never see XXX, i think the malibu topic is getting more action than we are!!
    My M is silver, with roof hole, spoiler, chrome Razorstars, big stereo. I LOVE IT!!
    I even like my 5* (so far)!!!!

Lynn
  • tj300mtj300m Posts: 31
    Post 3273 by Beach15 stated, and I quote: "Matter of fact, the handling is very much like our previous 97' Grand Voyager" WHAT!!!!! I have had a couple of Voyagers in the last ten years, and that has to be one of the most incredible statements I have read on any posting board. Were you kidding, It didn't seem like you were, but since no one else has responded they either didn't read it, chose to ignore it, or thought it was to ridiculous to respond to.
  • Where the heck is everyone at, since they moved the board over to XX, the posts have fallen way off.
    Oh well, had the borla installed Saturday, there is a resonating humm at 2000 rpm, I don't mind it too much but my wife sure noticed it. Oh well like she said, its your car.

Keith
  • mmcccmmmcccm Posts: 19
    Somebody on the board (racefan?) has a Borla system and mentioned on their web page that there are some resonator inserts that are supposed to take care of the 2000 RPM resonance you mentioned. Sorry, I don't have a URL for you, but maybe someone else has it bookmarked.

-MMCCCM
    i don't have borla Ray(mugwump) does, he hasn't been around for a long time, but i have his website bookmarked, his wife is happy, here is what he did:

Ray was getting a low hum from the Borla exhaust at cruising speed.
    Here is how it was fixed:
    I installed the resonance venturi's supplied by Borla & they made a difference. No more low hum at cruise. Same noise is there but when accelerating. Behaves like it should, sounds pleasant and Wife is happy, the main issue. Anyone ordering one should get them installed at Borla.
    They are a 3" long tube, the dia of the inside of the pipe. They are rolled into a smooth annular venturi about 1/4" in smaller in dia in the middle. They slip inside the pipe and do need to be tack welded in or they will/could migrate. One is installed after the first muffler at the outlet end and the other between the second and third muffler. Both at the joint. Borla claims no flow degradation and from my somewhat limited knowledge of acoustic physics I tend to agree. My installer commented that the system was too open for the size of the engine.
    Ray
  • Which 5* dealer is this?
  • mmcccmmmcccm Posts: 19
    Thanks, race, that was the reference I was thinking of for the Borla hum issue.

---

I'll bet the dealer lflowers was talking about was El Dorado CPJ in McKinney, TX. That's where I bought mine, too, but I haven't used their service dept. yet. Nothing has needed fixing!

-MMCCCM
    mmcccm is correct. The 5* I've been using is El Dorado Chrysler in McKinney, Texas.
    My M seems to have been repaired (alignment, bad window motor, and loose wiper arm) correctly by them and, so far, they have been friendly and courteous every time I've had any dealings with their service department.
    They even throw in a free car wash when they service your car.

Lynn
    anybody home??? did i run everyone off with my pompous introduction to XX??? hmmm
  • I have a '99 300M with 17k. My problem is a slight vibration at low speeds (30/45 mph). I've had the tires balanced three times under warranty and still have the problem. Service Manager at my dealership referred me to the manufacturer for resolution of this problem. Claims that Good year 17" tires have been troublesome. Has anybody else had this problem?
  • grunschevgrunschev Posts: 106
    Monday afternoon both front window motors failed on my 99. I tried to get an appointment with my 5*, but they told me it would take two days! I will take the car in next week when it's not my turn to drive the carpool. But this morning it was a bit chilly here so I used the butt warmer. Later I tried my window and it worked.

When I left the office I got the bright idea to have my passenger try the window (it didn't work) then turn on the butt warmer and try the window again. It worked. So can anybody tell me how the window is connected to the seats?

Igor
  • I guess I'm the only one with Good Years that behave. I've had the tires rotated, and still haven't had any problems yet. Of course I hardly drive at 35/40. I make it a point to drive as fast as I can (yea right). Actually, I haven't noticed any problems at any speed. This car definitely requires more effort to keep in a straight line though. It's not alignment because if I'm in the left lane it drifts left. In the right lane it drifts right. Maybe it's a side effect of the extra wide stance of this car.
  • hayneldanhayneldan Posts: 657
    Grunschev, You might try lubing the inside rubber mouldingthat presses against the top inside if the window. I had the same problem with my Intrepid in the summer and thought I had the dreded window motor disease. It turned out that the motor has kind of a built in circuit breaker? that will trip if the motor has too much resistance. I gave the window a light rap near the top, turned the ignition off for a few minutes and voila! the window worked! the lube could be as simple as talc or silicone spray, that rubber moulding seems to hold soapy water after a wash and leave a mark on the top of the glass. Thats what caused the problem on mine, since I lubed the rubber it has not happened again. If you live in a warm place and get frequent washes, try Lowering the windows a tad after the wash.
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    No you are not the only one. My Goodyears have not had the dreaded vibration problem. I rotated the tires myself and still no vibration. Life is good.

Grunschev, I do have to work on Saturday so my chances of meeting you are very slim. Still trying. I use my butt warmers almost every night, but will have to check the window thing. There is a thought, maybe the car thinks if it is cold enough to use the seat heaters you should not be having the windows open so it will not let you freeze yourself. Expecting a freeze tonight (what ever that is :) )

racefan, ever since the XX was added it is a little harder to get on.