Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• bigmike5bigmike5 Posts: 960
    I have no comment one way or the other on ArmorAll. I just used it in the past on non-leather areas. I didn't like the shine it caused necessarily, but felt like if it delayed the degredation/destruction of the vinyl/plastic I would use it. I ran out of AA [used it one time unsuccessfully trying to rehab a vinyl top that my son did not care for properly while living in the brutal Houston sun for a couple of years] and now have a similar product that I got from AutoTrim Design when I had the striping put on the M last year. I have to treat the striping twice a year with that stuff, so I have also used it on the dash, etc. However, the dash mat covers the area of reflection so I can put up with it. Hopefully the stuff will prolong the life of the dash and striping involved. But who knows?
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    friends don't let friends use ArmorAll. That's all I have to say.
    Ruski--I can say definitively that their tire shine stuff is the worst I have ever tried. I got a bottle a couple of weeks ago when my Eagle 1 stuff was running out, and I have found that it streaks when applied, doesn't shine all that well, or for very long, even when it doesn't rain. I had to use a small sponge to get it to spread evenly. The sponge turned dead black!! Unfortunately, I have a about a quart of this stuff to use up. I guess I will use it on the wife's Eldo and get some more Eagle 1 for my M. I thought all these products were about the same [having tried several] but AA was a dog. I also had some Maguires that I got as a handout sample at the Cruise two years ago, and it came out of the little squeeze package like a pasty gel. Uggh..., I figured it had gone bad and just threw it away without putting it on the tires. Don't know if it was supposed to come that way, but I wasn't gonna experiment.
  • chevydude2chevydude2 Posts: 36
    Can anyone tell me how (if possible) to re-program the door locks on my 300M so ALL the doors unlock when I shut it off (now its just the drivers door). Thanks
  • russklassrussklass Posts: 389
    Mike, you threw away the best tire dressing on the market!
    Meguires "Endurance" IS a gel, and comes in 2 flavors, HI GLOSS & LOW LUSTRE.
    I prefer the low lustre, as it makes the tires look a more natural satin black.
    Yhis product really lasts. thru rain & washings.
    It comes with or without foam applicator.
    If you can't find it locally you can order directly from Meguires, I do.
  • dustinnewtondustinnewton Posts: 242
    I personally use Zaino products on the dash and the door panels for the UV blocking properties. You can wipe the surfaces down the next day and still get the UV benefit while reducing the glare tremendously. The same works for ArmorAll.

Tire dressing-My opinion for the best tire dressing on the market is Stoner's "More shine less time" product. It has just surpassed Zaino as the best in my opinion. It's available at AutoZone for a reasonable price and it works perfectly. Stoner also makes a product called "Invisible glass" that cleans the glass so well, you hardly know it's there! I was skeptical at first but am now a believer! Simply spray it on and you're done. Beats everything I have ever tried (and I have tried a LOT of products!) for tires in my 20 years of driving!

General car care-Zaino is still the best by far. Never wax or clean your car with something you can buy at Wal-Mart!
    Russ- Yeah, I figured I threw away something good after I dun it. But I only had 2 of those little hand-out squeeze packet anyway and it would have probably not been enough to go around. I will try the Stoners as we have an Autozone nearby.
  • rstilprstilp Posts: 105
    I too prefer the Mequire's Tire gel. In fact, I use all their products. The car wash is great as are their waxes. The hotline is very helpful when needing advice on applications. Plus I can buy it anywhere. Have not tried Zaino Or Mother's products due to scarcity in my area.
    Rick/Geezer300M
  • muskateer3muskateer3 Posts: 103
    By shut it off, are you talking about pressing the unlock button on the remote, or turning off the ignition?

If it's the remote, you press once to unlock the driver's door, and press again to unlock all doors.

M3
  • chevydude2chevydude2 Posts: 36
    M3... What I need to do is to program the locks to unlock ALL the doors when you shut the car off... The remote thing doesn't bother me with just unlocking the drivers door, then unlocking the rest of the doors, I just want it to unlock all of them when I shut the car off... Thanks

Brad
  • wire2wire2 Posts: 188
    > The sponge turned dead black!!
    Tires are made with lots of carbon black for aesthetic reasons. Without it they'd be a natural tan color. Some of the carbon black will come off on to an applicator when using a degreasing, detergent or solvent base dressing.
    Zaino is the best

I have used Meguire's Tire Gel (Endurance I think it is called) and it is very good.

I have also been a fan of Stoner's Invisible Glass, since before the time when you could get it at stores - it used to be available only via a mail order.
    there used to be a time, a few years ago, when 300M was full of Zaino-holics. Where did everyone go?
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    ruski-

There was a time when there was hordes of 300M owners here too!! The hordes have left THIS topic for reasons we can't talk about, but the Zaninoholics are in the ZAINO topic! NOT the one that says NO ZAINO POSTS- the other one!

fastdriver
  • muskateer3muskateer3 Posts: 103
    Sorry, I can't help you on that one.

But you may want to rethink that idea if you (or your wife) are driving into an area of questionable safety/security alone.

My guess would be that DC thought the same way when they designed the system.

M3
  • Not only was this board full of Zaino-holics, it was also full of 300M-holics! Our board was always listed as the hottest topic in terms of the number of posts. Even now, the 300M board has the highest cumulative number of posts on the sedans listing...

For the record, I am still a Zaino-holic and a 300M-holic with 3 M's (soon to be 2 with my lease turn in ~ July 4)...

I have often been a lurker, but less often a poster...
  • dustinnewtondustinnewton Posts: 242
    I ahve about 15 bottles of their products at home right now!
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Posts: 958
    That's all I use. Check out their website recently? You can now order online.
  • lonestarsledlonestarsled Posts: 226
    I never buy anything that hides behind the mail order system, if they do not take a credit card or I cannot return it they do not get my cash. 3M has excellent products.
  • That must be really new (ordering online). I just ordered about 6-7 weeks ago and I didn't see anything about online ordering...maybe I just missed it. I probably won't need to make another order for another year or so...

Have you tried the new additive to the polish that precludes the need for the Z-1 precleaner and allows you to apply several coats of polish in a short period of time? I bought some and was surprised that all you got for $19.95 was a very small vial of additive (mine was already half empty). I can't say I noticed a difference in the car appearance, but at least I didn't have to use the Z-1 on my new M, so I saved some time and effort...