Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• Indy, Quiet, Otto, thx for the input on your maintenance. It amazes me that some of the LH components from the previous gen were lasting close to 200K and still going strong. Wow, if CHrysler could only do such a great job w/their electrical components. Also, I remembered after I made this post that I did a similar canvassing for info some months back, which a lot of people responded to. Sorry for the repeat; I think my memory needs to be recharged.

Blowbyu, I'm glad you weren't hurt seriously. It really makes me angry when I see people running stop signs and red lights; they really put the rest of us at risk.
  • phases78phases78 Posts: 471
    hey if anyone remembers me, i had the black 2002 300 that i customed pretty nice with the help of all you ;)

since then i sold the car for a bike, hayabusa, totalled that, went to war a couple times, lol, i just got back from iraq thrusday, and yesterday i bought a 2004 300 special :D

good to be back in the game!
  • Welcome back to the right side of the globe and thanks for being willing to go over there. Congrats on your new Special. Nice choice! What are the colors & options? Any mods planned?
    thanks! well i got the trusty silver one, its loaded minus the nav and sat radio, which will come in time, i just couldnt get it yet im already paying quite the monthly payment on it..

as for mods, well, i plan to do alot, in time. on my last M i did the following if i remember correctly:
    tinted windows
    rims
    duals
    side markers
    clock mod
    k&n
    spark plugs
    basslink
    chrome grill
    wood kit

and some other stuff im sure, lol.. with this one im not sure what all ill do but i know the clock and k&n/sparks are on the list to do hopefully this weekend :)
    im excited!
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Posts: 365
    Welcome back buddy, I remember that you were the first to welcome me to this site in 01 when I bought my M, so I return the compliment!!!!!
  • psterpster Posts: 293
    Don't want to tie up board with too much Honda talk, but my wife and I actually test drove the Element! INCREDIBLE about-town-do-anything-utility vehicle! Only downside I found, and a big one, was that you have to open the front door AND unlatch your safety belt to open the rear doors. Otherwise, this is the PERFECT blend of utility and function...it would have been for my wife to replace her 2002 Sebring LXi, which with 0% financing is just about upside down. The big 3 have totally destroyed trade-in values with all their rebates and incentives! We're still looking at lots of different vehicles...no final choices yet. We've decided to replace both the 300M and the Sebring. FYI, there is not one pic in the Element brochure of anyone over 25 years old..yet the average buyer is 40+!!!!
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Great to have you here again!

:-)
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    welcome back!

have you seen any 300Ms in Iraq?
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    phases78-

WELCOME HOME and THANK YOU for putting your life on the line for us against these TERRORISTS! I hope we DESTROY every last one of them from the top to the bottom!

Good luck with your new M! Drive it in good health!

fastdriver
    i went to the 300m club page but i dont think im still registered, so ill just stick here for now..

so today assuming all goes well ill get my clock face done. weather is bad so thats probably all i'll get done, but i had plans to strip the logos off the trunk lid, at least the dealer one. not sure what all i can afford to do right now so im tryin to knock out all the cheaper things, k&n, plugs, etc etc..

:D fun!
    p.s. you know what does suck tho, the passenger seat's recline button doesnt work. seat goes up all the way but not down. so now its straight up. grrrr
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    blowbyu- sorry to hear about your accident . Like others have said , good to hear your OK . You can get a new car , not a life.
    Now what pillars the bodyshop is talking about ? the ones that hold the front windsheild in? So the guy said they can be replaced , I am sure they can but not very easily . As the car is unibody the strength comes from the shell of the car , cutting the pillars off and welding in new ones is going to be a very big and $$$ expensive job. Make sure the shop has all the newest tools to do the job right. Not just some guy with a welder .
  • Hi everyone. Long time no post. Been very busy. HOpe all is doing well.

I am looking to replace my current tires. Thinking of getting Toyo tires but wasn't sure what the "experts" thinks of them. Anyone that has had experience with these tires, please write me at hellmary2@hotmail.com and let me know what you think.

Will stop in again to see the posts. Oh! and any suggestions on tires for Mary would be greatly appreciated.

Bye for now.

Sleepy
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Welcome back!

You might want to have a look at our Tires, Tires, Tires discussion while you wait for some responses here.
  • Welcome back from IRAQ...I would like to thank you and your fellow personell for what you have done for this country. I really appreciate your effort and courage. I hope you are enjoying your 2004 Special, it's a great vehicle, as of now, I'm back to my 02 300M Pro-AM. Take care.
  • Phases, glad you made it back safely and sorry you totaled the hayabusa. Were you injured?

Sleepy, don't know the Toyo tire. I put on 17" Yokohama 420's (V rated) to replace the original Michelin Pilot's. So far they are quieter, and it feels like they have a little softer compound. And a LOT cheaper!
  • Phases, thx for putting your life on the line to fight the terrorists. It's a long, difficult, expensive battle but one that must be fought. You should be proud for serving your country.

Pster; that's interesting that you were impressed by an SUV. As a note, the Saturn VUE has an upgrade engine, which is the Honda engine put in the MDX. Don't know how that deal was worked. Just remember, if you get an SUV don't go whaling around corners like you did in your M--don't want to read here about you rolling off some cliff.

Sleepy, re/tires, manufacturers are now making high performance tires that perform well in the snow, doing away with the necessity of 2 sets of tires. If you go to tirerack.com, the two they rate the highest are the Pirelli PZero Nero and I think the Continental Extreme Contact was second. Consumer Reports also has some real good reviews if you've purchased an online subscription. After a few more thousand miles, I'll be getting new rubber also. One of the most important considerations to me is the location where I get them, so I have easy access for rotations and fixing of any flats; you might have similar concerns.
  • do your best to get it totalled---sounds like too much damage to me----make sure they give you full book value for it if they total it----see what they are selling for in your area and also see what Kelly bluebook and the NADA book lists it for in good condition. If they total it, they will probably try to lowball the value. Get the most you can and then go negotiate on another one in good conditon with reasonable miles. Just have a new purchase thoroughly checked out by a mechanic and bodyshop.

Glad to hear your're OK---that's the main thing---cars are replaceable, your good health is not. Good luck
  • for the warm welcome..

I certainly will consider the yoko's. someone wrote me and hated the toyo tires, so, i'm steering away from them now.

If anyone has any other suggestions on tires that they have personal experience with, please let me know before i plunge into 4 wheels and find out that they are horrible.

Not that I would ever dream of benefiting from someone's mistake.. BUT.. if the mistake was ALREADY MADE... *grins*..

Glad to be back!
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    hey dude, the media here for the most part are portraying the mission in Iraq as a huge failure, saying it could not be any worse. Is it true at all?
    if i were to agree with that i would reflect badly on the army, so.. no comment.

seriously tho, thats about how i would describe it.