Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• racefan9racefan9 Posts: 120
    ok my fellow 300m owners i have heard your cry, and i have took action and developed a plan to get us all out of this edmunds confusion...
    want an easy way to post with organized topics, no more repeating ourselves day in and day out, and no logging on and off??? simply bookmark the page and wow it appears, there are no hi-tech graphics or flashy ads (yet) but this my friends is hassel free...and you can post pics and links with little effort, hell you don't even have to sign up to post!!! It's too good to be true, come on over...

Chrysler 300m Owners Board

A New Way A Better Way!!!
  • tictac3tictac3 Posts: 78
    I have had my year old 2000 I to two dealers on several occasions because the car drifts slightly to the right. They have re-aligned the car and rotated the tire and it still happens. Their diagnosis -- road crowning! Has anyone else had this problem? What was the fix?
  • Do this test yourself. It requires a second jack. Jack up the front right, & the front left sides. Remove the right tire. Remove the left tire. Swap them. If the car now pulls left, it's the tire. Move that tire to the back right side. If the car still pulls right, it's something in the car. If that's the case, put the wheels back to where they were, & check the tire pressure in all 4 wheels, try adjusting them to 35psi. If car stills pulls right, then return to the dealer. Tell them what you did, & demand another set of tires from another 300M on the lot be swapped on to see if the pull is still there. If it's gone, It's the tires for sure. Have the dealer replace them. If the pull is still there, then it's the damm car, & that dealer has to fix it.
  • rogor2krogor2k Posts: 385
    Your ez board forum will complement the already existing ez board forum at http://pub9.ezboard.com/bchrysler300m. But thanks for coming to our rescue.

I wonder if Edmunds would let us start another 300M forum? Whaddya think?

Gotcha!
  • Ok now, everyone sing along with me..." The butt warmer's con-nec-ted to tha win-dow, the win-dow's connected to tha..." :-) Sorry. Someone had to sing it!
    thank you for bringing that to my attention. i had not realized that rscheller had already came to our rescue back when edmunds was working fine. oh well, it took me all of two minutes to construct the ez board. btw, i have asked the controlling members of the newly formed 300mclub.org to add some type of message board to the site, so that their members can leave messages, but they simply don't want any other type of message board conflicting with edmunds, which is ironic seeing that they themselves post on multiple boards, if they are so committed to edmunds why do they have to stray???

Racefan9's 300m
  • grunschevgrunschev Posts: 106
    Nice try, but I don't think my window failures match what you're saying.

1. I haven't washed the car in at least 2 months.
    2. I use the windows almost every day.
    3. The windows worked on Friday, didn't work on Monday and Tuesday.
    4. Wednesday morning I used the butt warmer and when I tried the window again it worked.
    5. Wednesday afternoon I had my passenger try the window (fail), turn on the seat heater, try the window again (success). No tapping on the glass. No secret incantation.

Before I get castigated for abusing my M by not washing it, let me say this: It almost never rains here and my car is garaged at home and at work. I promise I'll wash it this weekend (it rained this week).

Igor
    you mean castrated for abusing your m!!!

don't mess with Igor, he'll come after you, he reprimanded me on yahoo today, and it was painful!!!
  • That's ok. I have water restrictions in my area, & can not wash my 300M at all. I will not pay someone $15 for a hand wash, & would never get a machine wash(bad experiences) The last time I have washed my 300M was the begining of December! My 300M is dirty, but doesn't look it from afar. Stand next to it, & the dirt just gleams at you :)Thanks God for Zaino.
  • grunschevgrunschev Posts: 106
    You may mean "castrated", but I mean "castigated". If you want to castrate me you'll have to catch me first, and I won't be so easy as that broken down Grand Am you beat. ;-)

Main Entry: cas·ti·gate
    Pronunciation: 'kas-t&-"gAt
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): -gat·ed; -gat·ing
    Etymology: Latin castigatus, past participle of castigare -- more at CHASTEN
    Date: 1607
    : to subject to severe punishment, reproof, or criticism
    synonym see PUNISH
    - cas·ti·ga·tion /"kas-t&-'gA-sh&n/ noun
    - cas·ti·ga·tor /'kas-t&-"gA-t&r/ noun

Igor
  • lflowerslflowers Posts: 155
    My 300M had a pull to the right when I bought it (used 11000 mile 2000). My local 5* did a 4 wheel alignment (my nickel - $89.00) and that fixed it. Now it tracks straight and true on flat pavement, but it has a very slight drift or pull on crowned roads, toward the low side of the crown (usually right). Its not really enough to be objectionable, I just notice the steering wheel is slightly off center on crowned roads.
    But then, I don't consider the road noise problem much of a problem either.....perhaps I'm just more tolerant than some.

Lynn
    i know what castigated means, i was being comical, you act as though you've made some discovery, maybe you should contact Dr. Webster and tell him the news... :~)
  • rogor2krogor2k Posts: 385
    Ain't gonna' work dude! You're not gonna' goad me into a petty argument. I'm wise to your tricks. Good luck with your new venture. I hope you get lots of followers.
    i was sincerely trying to unite all 300m owners together in one place, i didn't see it as a competition for members, a lot of people have been complaining and the number of posts has declined sharply, i thought why not bring us all together, it had not crossed my mind that rscheller had constructed an ez board long ago. i'm not trying to compel anyone...unlike the controlling members of the 300mclub.org i am open to any suggestions that 300m owners have, if they don't want a better alternative to posting everyday, so be it. it was my idea to resurrect the club idea in the first place and i first suggested a club message board, most all club sites do have message boards. makes one wonder what the true intent of the 300mclub.org is??? i know i won't be joining!!!

Racefan9's 300m
  • Here's the best way to insure you don't miss anything on the various 300M message boards.

Just set a single bookmark to The Consummate 300M Pages

Then you can easily access the Yahoo, Edmunds, eGroups, Epinions and Consummate 300M boards from one place.
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    Just washed it and applied some Z6. Last time Z2 was used about 6 months ago.

width="125" height="66" border="0">
  • I've only had my '01 LHS since Thanksgiving. What with garaging and all I haven't had to wash the inside windows yet when I've washed the car.

That is a loooooonnngg reach to do the inside windshield - I know you M-guys have the same problem. Does anyone have any tips to offer?

Thanks for your time.
  • drpixeldrpixel Posts: 256
    from drpixel in New York. Racefan!...good to 'hear' from you. Been a while since I've been to the forum here...woiking on the Gen2 website. I miss 'seeing' you in the chatroom(s) and hope that you'll think about restoring the 'electronic' connection between us, and we are NOT controlling members..shame on you! I'm surprised that you would even think that there is/was some kind of ulterior motive for anything that we are trying to do. I wish you luck with your forum/board, and hope that you'll at least re-consider your decision. I just want you to know that I'm still your friend whatever decision you're comfortable with. Hope al is well with you, too.
    As for window sticking problems, I've noticed the same sticking window thing. Waxed/polished the window edge--seems to only be on the driver side, though. I've a lso noticed that if its raining and I run the window down to clear the rain from the window--it DOESN'T clear the window. Is this an adjustment problem for the rubber 'wiper' or an undocumented feature, "..oh, they all do that..." thing from DC? You can respond here, or email me...glenn.beye@ny.frb.org
    ciao4now, bambino's and bambinettes!
    drpixel/Glenn
  • I too have the sticky windows; will have to try lubricating them with something.

My windows don't clear when I cycle the windows up/down either.