Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• on1wheelon1wheel Member Posts: 68
    just wanted to say thanks for the clock faces,i recieved them in mail today.really appreciate it.were those pics of the install lost on photopoint,or does some one have them somewhere else?

as for tire sizes,everyone beware about going over the stock overall diameter! i have a couple friends who had lotsa problems by going too tall.one was a ford explorer.he went taller,got two blocks from shop,and the computer shut down and truck just stopped. he had it pulled beck to the shop.they put stock wheels and tires back on and it started right up.they told him comp detected strange settings ,and tryed to adjust to fix errors.
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    I'm still working on a couple orders. Yes, PhotoPoint took my pics! I have copies of many of the pics, but not all. I suppose I should find a new photo/caption service.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Would you rather I just remove messages that violate the Membership Agreement and write the folks privately? I was hoping that in this instance a tongue-in-cheek reminder would be the best solution, but if most of you feel that's the wrong way for me to live up to my obligations, then I can go the other route.

There are a couple of realities here that neither you nor I can change. The Membership Agreement governs every one of our posts. My job is to make sure it is lived up to.

I have no power whatsoever to change the Membership Agreement. I took a little leeway that I should NOT have in saying oh, please, let's don't do that. My ONLY other choice would have been to remove the messages.

Which way do you folks want me to go?

If you want to protest any item in the Membership Agreement, the person you need to email is our Manager of Consumer Services, Jonah Brown, at jbrown@edmunds.com.

In no way do I want to be the enemy here, and I do appreciate your input. I don't want to sidetrack this discussion with this off-topic issue, so maybe anyone who has thoughts about this could drop me an email. I would really appreciate it.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    Here are some pictures of what I did. Photopoint took my album that included the descriptions, but at least I still have most of the pictures. The difference between my process and Scott's is that he goes in through the radio panel and up, while I went right for the clock trim. It's up to your personal preference. The key is applying firm but constant pressure to pry loose trim pieces, and work carefully (without forcing anything) when you mess with the clock. The metal tabs that hold the clock "clamshell" in place are fragile. Here's the link:

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/clockface

Here's some step-by-step to go with the pictures:
    1) remove the clock trim assembly either by prying up the radio console and pushing the trim out from the back, or by prying the clock trim assembly out using something flat and strong (I used a credit card calculator).

2) Unplug the power to the clock. It uses a single clip.

3) Gently separate the back of the clock assembly from the front. The "clamshell" is held together by fragile metal clips and tabs on each side. The clock assembly (hands, motor) will separate from the dash piece that contains the plastic clock cover. The buttons for setting the time will come out too. Pay attention to where the pieces go so you can put them back.

4) Insert the new clock face into the plastic clock cover part that's attached to the dash. Scotian cuts them to fit in there perfectly.

5) Once satisfied with how it fits/looks, put the whole thing back together in the reverse order.

6) Take pictures and post them so we can see. :)

• 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    Excuse my foot in mouth commit. I know you have no say in the laws, you just happen to be the visible link in the chain. Much like the police officer that inforces the laws made up by politians. Thanks for the address, I will write to them, to clear up this question (in my mind anyway).
    I wish you would have won it, I didn't bid thinking you were going to do a last second bid. I will try for the others.
    I have the stock sized Potenzas, Pole positions, they are great. The way I look at it, if you mount the 245/45 on the stock rim, and if something happens they can say that you didn't put on the recommended size tire for the rim. Thus voiding any warranties or liablitys.
  • ajpiiiajpiii Member Posts: 260
    Grrrrrrr! I got tied up late at work and missed the end of the auction... That guy ruined my day ! He put in a really high proxy bid this afternoon, and I figured it was probably the max he would pay since it was so much... so I just went a little over it ... and Whamo he shows back up at the last minute ... I ended up bidding like 10 times to find out how high he went this afternoon... Boy I guess he wanted them too !

Thanks for not bidding against me... Definately appreciated even if I lost :(
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Now I know this is just curiousity, but I'm wondering what the best deals any of you have seen lately on leftover 2001 300M's? The reason I ask is, a dealer abotu 45 minutes away from here that we have actually dealt with before when first looking for an M in October 2000, happens to still have 5 leftover 2001's. Strangely enough, as it happens, on of the 5 is EXACTLY what we originally wanted. This is a little weird.

Actually, as it was, back in October 2000, the 2001's had just come out and we were starting to look around. What we had wanted originally was either a Stone White with Lt. Pearl Beige or Lt. Taupe if we could find one at the right price. Actually, there were two 2001's really close to where we live, one was White and Slate and the other was White and Sandstone. My mother liked the white but didn't like the "Dark" or the crappy "Camel" color insides as she called it. But then, weirdly enough, we actually did come upon a leftover 2000 that was Stone White & Lt. Pearl Beige with the upgraded stereo, full spare, 17" chromes, and PHP but no sunroof. Regardless, we would have bought that car then if they would have gave us more for our trade.

So, by the next day, we had decided that the black (or slate) also looked pretty nice and decided to look for one in that color. One call later, and we found a 2000 Deep Slate non-PHP with the chromes, stereo, full spare, and roof. We bought it that night.

Since that day, October 18, 2000, a LOT has happened. By about the first of last year, the first of any problems cropped up, just some rattles. But if you remember from that time, we were very vocal about them, well, maybe a little too vocal about the noises, especially here on this board. They really aren't that bad, but are very annoying at times. But anyway, I digress. By summer, we had also relized what a bad decision the black on black was for the heat here in Delaware. This car cooks! Oh, and let's not forget to mention the crash!

So, this all brings me to my original point. The leftover 2001 300M I've found is just what we first wanted. It has the Lt. Taupe interior, Luxury Group, PHP, sunroof, chromes, side airbags, stereo, but no full spare. So, my question is, do you think there is a good deal to be had on this car? I've heard people here mention $7500-8000 advertised off of leftover M's, and that would make a great price. This car has a sticker of $33,925. Would it be a potentially good deal?

Now, putting, this all into perspective, I really don't think we'd buy another 300M or any car for that matter for quite some time. But, hypothetically, if you were us (or just yourself), would this seem like an attractive deal? It would mean a new, unwrecked, and easy to clean 300M but would take a lot of convincing on my part. I wonder what our car is worth anyway?

Oh well, maybe I'm just a little too bored...
    A couple of months ago I saw ads for $7,000 off new '01 Ms here in southern california, and I saw one for $8,000 off when I flew through Boston. It's a great deal if you can find one. I "stole" my car for just over $5,000 off MSRP, so 2 or 3 more grand off that price would be awesome
  • wldockwldock Member Posts: 17
    Went to a dealer here in Southfield/Metro Detroit last week. They had two in stock, a black and a silver. The car has more of a SPORT look but the ground effects just look BAD to me unpainted. I think the silver car would look much better color matched. OK, not just the silver, ALL COLORS!
    The wheels look better in person but I don't care for the style much. Along with painting the ground effects, changing the wheels would be a must.
    The exhaust sounds NICE! but I like the look of the double tip duals that some of you guys have, so add that to the list of changes.
    The interior is nice...again I would change the carbon to a brushed aluminum. I think that would look better with the two tone, similar to what BMW or AUDI have done.
    The interior of the silver car gave me a suprise! It had an all Dark Slate interior??? Was this a custom order?
    I still like the two tone better.
    Anyway, my drive was short but the car felt good! I Like IT! I did'nt like the lease price though. The sales guys said that they might be able to work out something better??? It is still early...

Something funny happened as I was leaving the dealership on my way home...right as I was pulling out of the lot and turning onto the street there was another silver SPECIAL that blew right by!!!!! "ONLY IN MOTOR CITY"....It it definately was a SPECIAL because on the road the BIG wheels and the UGLY non color matched ground effects really stand out.
  • jona57jona57 Member Posts: 194
    Pat-

I know you're just trying to live up to your duties. Others may flame me if they want, but my vote would be to just remove the messages and e-mail the sender privately. If they wish to "appeal" to Edmunds, they may do so. Personally, I would wish to know privately if my posts are problematic rather than being flogged in public.

Jon
    However, I think Pat could use some more discretion in enforcing this rule. It certainly was intended to keep people from advertising in the forums, and I agree with that. However, this latest "offer" was one of assistance related to a discussion thread. Sure, maybe money would eventually change hands, but it certainly wasn't like someone was spamming the board with an eBay ad (which happened a few weeks ago). Anyway, I know it's difficult to create a line that's anything other than black and white, but it would be nice if it could be done. I think I'll email the chief moderator too. Pat, I know you're just doing your job absent any other direction and your overall diligence has kept this a nice place to visit. Thanks
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    AMPLIFIER PINOUTS

2000 300M Service Manual, pp. 8W-80-56, 57:

Power Amplifier C1 (white):
    01------06
    07------12

01 - 18 LG/VT Amplified Left Door Speaker (+)
    02 - 18 LB/RD Amplified Right Door Speaker (+)
    03 - 18 YL/RD Amplified Left Door Sail Speaker (+)
    04 - 18 OR/RD Amplified Right Door Sail Speaker (+)
    05 - 18 WT/VT Amplified Low Left Rear Speaker (+) *
    06 - 18 TN/VT Amplified Low Right Rear Speaker (+) *
    07 - 18 LG/BK Amplified Left Door Speaker (-)
    08 - 18 LB/BK Amplified Right Door Speaker (-)
    09 - 18 YL/BK Amplified Left Door Sail Speaker (-)
    10 - 18 OR/BK Amplified Right Door Sail Speaker (-)
    11 - 18 WT/DG Amplified Low Left Rear Speaker (-) *
    12 - 18 TN/DG Amplified Low Right Rear Speaker (-) *

* Premium II Audio

Power Amplifier C2 (white):
    01-----------11
    12-----------22
    (pins 3-10, 14-21 are offset)

01 - 16 RD/WT Fused B(+)
    02 - 16 BK/LG Ground
    03 - 20 DG/RD Radio 12v Output (live when radio is on)
    04 - 18 VT Right Front Speaker (+)
    05 - 18 DG Left Front Speaker (+)
    06 - 18 DB/WT Right Rear Speaker (+)
    07 - 18 BR/YL Left Rear Speaker (+)
    08 -
    09 - 18 PK/RD Amplified Center Instrument Panel Speaker (+)
    10 - 18 WT/RD Amplified High Left Rear Speaker (+)
    11 - 18 TN/RD Amplified High Right Rear Speaker (+)
    12 - 16 RD Fused B(+)
    13 - 16 BK/LG Ground
    14 -
    15 - 18 DB/RD Right Front Speaker (-)
    16 - 18 BR/RD Left Front Speaker (-)
    17 - 18 DB/OR Right Rear Speaker (-)
    18 - 18 BR/LB Left Rear Speaker (-)
    19 -
    20 - 18 PK/BK Amplified Center Instrument Panel Speaker (-)
    21 - 18 WT/BK Amplified High Left Rear Speaker (-)
    22 - 18 TN/BK Amplified High Right Rear Speaker (-)

(pins 4-7, 15-18 are signal level input)

Service Manual, pp. 8F-3, 8W-90-18:

The Midline/Infinity I amp is located in the right front cowl panel next to the HVAC unit and recirculation air motor (above and in front of the right foot of the front seat passenger).

The Infinity II amp location is located beneath the trunk liner covering the right quarter inner panel (behind the passenger rear wheel well inside the trunk).

RADIO PINOUTS

2000 300M Service Manual, pp. 8F-4, 8W-80-60:

Radio C1 (black):
    7-------1
    (tab on top)

1 - 20 DG/RD Radio 12V Output
    2 - 18 BR/YL Left Rear Speaker (+)
    3 - 18 DB/WT Right Rear Speaker (+)
    4 - 18 DG Left Front Speaker (+)
    5 - 18 VT Right Front Speaker (+)
    6 - 18 BR/LB Left Rear Speaker (-)
    7 - 18 DB/OR Right Rear Speaker (-)

Radio C2 (gray):
    7-------1
    (tab on top)

1 - (Radio Mute ?)
    2 - 18 BR/RD Left Front Speaker (-)
    3 - 18 DB/RD Right Front Speaker (-)
    4 - 20 YL/BK Day Brightness Sense (Head/Park marker lamps)
    5 - 20 OR Panel Lamps Driver (Dimmer)
    6 - 20 RD Fused Ignition Switch Output (RUN-ACC)
    7 - 20 PK Fused B(+) (Memory)
    I hope that was a cut and paste and not a typing exercise!
  • 99_300m_ric_va99_300m_ric_va Member Posts: 377
    I put some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 225-60-R16s on order yesterday. I was wondering who has these tires and what do you think?

Everything I read is that this is THE tire to have and the local tire shop says the same thing. I'm probably paying around $180 a tire though I know I can get them from tirerack for $155 each, but I get road hazard and free rotation and balances in this deal, plus I don't have to deal with mail order and carring 4 tires in my car.
  • 99_300m_ric_va99_300m_ric_va Member Posts: 377
    Hey I got the parts in today and it's 4 large snubby torx head screws with some rubber washer molded in and some red dried locktite on the screw threads. Not the long motorized screws I though they might be, but 4 "attaching bolts" as listed in my 1999 service manual on page 23-13. I'll pull the seat out Saturday and take pics.
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    Beach--Back a couple of months ago, loaded 2001s around L-ville we advertised right at $26K. I would say I saw at least 3 dealers selling them at that price, so I am not even sure they were demos and had any mileage on them.

One dealer in L-ville had an add this week for in stock Specials. Wish he were close by. My local 5* has none and I don't expect to see any since they say they don't move many Ms and they have had a 2002 Cinamon Glaze and Stone White on the lot for at least a month.
  • arby500arby500 Member Posts: 68
    I have the Silver Special and I like the different color to the body effects. I guess it's a beauty in the eye of the beholder sort of thing. I like the Slate Blue Special also. Not as much but it's nice. The ground effects can always be painted... I was thinking yesterday about what other chrome wheels would look like on this car but my wife likes the ones on there. Performance-wise. Did you push the pedal and feel the power? wwweeeeeeeeeee! The Special ROCKS.
  • arby500arby500 Member Posts: 68
    I finally got around to taking a look at your Album and your Red M is very, very sweet. What year is it? I like the dual exhaust you put on too. How old was the car when the pictures were taken. I think Chrysler charges extra money to paint the car Red.
  • 300mmm300mmm Member Posts: 27
    I'm finally picking up my new M this Friday! I live in the northeast so I'll be bringing some heavy duty winter floor mats with me. I ordered the Light Taupe interior (Steel Blue ext). I was wondering if anyone has this interior and which way it leans in terms of color, particularly the floor carpeting, more beige or more grey?
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Member Posts: 338
    I should point something out about the ground effects on the Special that explains why they aren't painted (nope they AREN'T painted).

If you look closely you'll see that the effects pieces are heavily textured and the color is molded completely through.

Now to me that would mean someone was thinking ahead at long term visual durability. The texturing will hide debris damage as will the color molded all the way through the pieces. A little light sanding and buffing will take the marks right out.

The all charcoal interior is the other standard interior on the Special. In fact, the dealers information sheet recommends silver/charcoal as the combination to order for stock.
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Member Posts: 338
    The build sheets call it beige. In reality the color is very pale and depending on how the light hits it, it can look beige or gray.

In the standard M the contrast color is a medium brown/tan color so it will probably look more beige than in the Special where the contrast color is charcoal gray.
  • russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    Congrats!
    I think you will love the taupe interior. The color defies description, best I can do is light grey/beige.

The contrast color on the 2 tone door and dash panels is mediun grey, as is the carpeting.
    I had the slate interior on my "99, and like the taupe on my '01 much better.
    Enjoy!
    beautiful combo! I almost bought one just like it, but it didn't have phg. very, very nice. I would call the taupe more of an off-white or "bone" color with a kind of mauve trim...not brown but not gray. i think it's beautiful.
  • russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    May I humbly suggest enforcing the SPIRIT, rather than the LETTER of the law?
    I beleive it is very evident when a post is commercial in nature, and agree these should be pulled.
    Everything I have seen posted on this board has been one member trying to help another, with no profit motive.
    We witnessed another 300M venue destroyed, and no longer used, because of the wrong kind of policing. I hope it never happens here.
    Big Red is a loaded inferno red/sandstone '01 with custom dual exhaust, tinted windows, removed lettering, & other enhancements. darned sticker was over 34.5k, including, as you guessed, an extra couple bills to make her red. :) oh...most of those pics were taken in the fall.
  • blondablonda Member Posts: 542
    Donovan McNabb (QB for PH Eagles) drives an '01 Steel Blue 300M

Tom Dempsey's (record holding kicker with half a foot) mother drives an '99 or '00 Platinum 300M. (but she's like 80 years old and when she's driving it...it looks like it's driving itself!)
    ok..I'll bite. How did you know this? ;)
    I actually read about Donovan McNabb in TV Guide at the beginning of football season. There is actually another Eagle who drives a silver 300M -- I was at Veteran Stadium a couple years ago and they were at the practice field and I saw one of them drive away in it.

Tom Dempsey is from San Marcos and his mother still lives there and goes to the same hair salon as I do. She's quite a character and has good taste in cars I guess. Although to me, the thought of someone that old and small driving an M kinda scares me...especially with the lack of visibility from the rear.
    It's funny, with only a few exceptions every M that I've seen is being driven by a retirement age person...either a miniature woman or a gray-haired gentleman. I don't know about you, but there sure are a lot of them down here in the rancho penesquitos / carmel mountain area. Saw 4 today just going to Home Depot and back. Two were at my son's elementary school.

Also, I did a little scouting today and discovered that there is a Starbucks in the Ralph's shopping center on carmel mountain road across the street from K-mart. Let me know what your schedule looks like over the next few days. 1pm looks like a good time for me across the board into next week.
    I grew up in Philly. What were you doing at the Vet? You from back there?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I appreciate the feedback from several of you, thanks.

I understand what you are saying. I have lobbied for a place in the Town Hall where members can offer items for sale to other members for a while now with no results. I invite any of you who believe that would be a useful addition to our community to address your comments to Jonah Brown as I described in my earlier post.

It is interesting that several of you are telling me in so many words to "lighten up" - if I had followed the "rules" I would indeed have removed those posts. Instead, I thought I was treading lightly, applying common sense, or what-have-you by allowing the posts to remain and inviting the folks to continue off-line. I certainly didn't mean to embarrass anyone at all and I sincerely apologize to the two posters if that was the result.

I hope that you understand that I apply as much leeway as I can in every decision that I make about what can be posted and what cannot. It is not an easy job. And often, no matter what the decision is, someone is not happy. Unfortunately, that's just the way of the world - you can't please everybody all the time, no question about that.

Anyway, I do appreciate everyone's feedback and I hope you all understand that I am always open to listening to your perceptions. It's probably better to do it off-line, though. I don't want to distract from your discussion any further about this, so email me if you have anything further to say - about this, or about anything at all. I'll be happy to hear from you.

Thanks.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • cbwonguscbwongus Member Posts: 40
    SDMIKE- I have had your home page book marked, it is a great reference that I use for part numbers TSBs and stuff, my bookmark is nt working. Would you mind giving the URL?
    has anyone purchased anything from these guys?
    i won a set of springs on ebay,sent them the money thru paypal,and have gotten no response from them!
    i have sent e-mails to all their addresses,called by phone,and even sent them faxes!
    any input here would be greatly appreciated.
    otherwise,bidders beware of this seller.
    i will post if i get any responses from hyper x.
    The URL for my 300M page is http://www.ritchiefamily.com/300m.htm

Another great source of TSB and other information is the 300M Enthusiasts Club web site at http://www.300mclub.org

Mike

What's the auction number or their seller's ID, on1wheel? If you used your credit card through PayPal you have two avenues to pursue for credit. Paypal claims to provide "buyers protection" but I've seem some real negative things posted about their unwillingness to actually protect anybody (but worth a try). If you paid with a credit card you can file a dispute with your credit card company as well. They will act on your behalf and typically credit your CC account until the issue is resolved one way or the other.
    on ebay...
    ** PROMO 2" DROP SPRINGS 98-00 CHRYSLER 300M
    Item # 599554224
    Currently $104.95 First bid $104.95
    Location Mesa, AZ United States
    Started Dec-20-01 21:37:22 PST Ends Dec-27-01 21:37:22 PST

Seller (Rating) hyperxindustries (58)

High bid on1wheel@aol.com (10)
    That person has a marginal reputation. When did you pay? If they haven't been in contact with you since 12/27 there are clearly issues with them. However, if you paid only recently they may not have had a chance to respond yet.
    I'll check my schedule and let you know when we can meet this week or next.

Re: Philly. My brother and sister-in-law were living there for 4 years (in Paoli actually)--she graduated from U-Penn as a Veterenarian last May. My family spent a week visiting -- went to a Phillys game and saw the Eagles at practice (no tailgating there---very different than SD). Neat place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. My Bro and SIL moved back to San Diego within a week of her graduation. They couldn't wait to get out of there (my family's 3rd generation native So Cal).

5:00 -- time to go home.
    tonight`s chat nite,in the club chatroom.hope to see everyone there! 10:00pm EST
    7pm PST, 10pm EST.
    GMTA! hahaha
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Well, thanks for the replys as to how good of a deal there is to be had on a leftover 01' M. Not that it was for any particular purpose, just curiousity I guess. Well, the car has to go back in the shop again (I know, suprise, suprise).

Nothing new, just to have the seat parts that are broken replaced and the plastic cover around the steering column replaced. I found the last piece to be "unhooked" on the left side and it wouldn't snap back together. The 5* looked at it and ordered the parts, no questions. About the only other thing is the stupid wipers. Ever since we got the car back from being "rebuilt", the wipers haven't worked right. You'd turn them on the first notch, they'd shift up about an inch but would go no further despite the fact that you can hear the motors buzzing. We assumed this might be due to the fact that the blades were "glued" to the windshield for 2 months while they worked on the car but they still don't work all the time despite cleaning.

So, after taking the car in on New Year's Eve, my mother finally called today to check if the parts were in. Well, suprise, what a shocker, she got this response: "Oh! The parts are in but we must have forgotten to call you!" Like I said, shocking! While on the phone she also told them about the wipers and that even though they worked fine when the car was there last time, she wants them fixed. So, I guess they ordered "motors or something" according to her.

You know, I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but for a $32 grand car, why do we have all these problems? Huh, any answer? Oh well, I guess we just have to live with it from buying American. I must say though, we didn't have nearly as much trouble with our stripper base 97' Grand Voyager that stickered for only $20 grand. Actually, all that we had were a rattle in each of the side sliding doors. Kind of weird isn't it, that both Chryslers we've had were rattly. No, actually, it took a few visits but the dealer back in Pennsylvania was determined to find a fix, and they did. Other than that, the only thing it ever went in for was just a few miles before the warranty ran out when the check engine light came on. The culprit? It was just that the gas cap wasn't screwed on fully.

Pretty decent for something so cheap and spartan. The 300M that cost about $12 grand more, has had constant warranty work since January of last year. I'd like to find the service receipts and see how much all the parts have cost.

Well, tonight to be curious, 300mlover and anyone else, what can actually qualify you for having a chance at being successful with Chrysler Arbitration? Is it just like the lemon law, the same problem unfixed 3 or 4 times?

On another note, I said I'd post some new pics but still haven't got a chance. Maybe sometime in the next year!
    I see you beat me on Yahoo too! lol
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    Are you saying that your test drive special did not have dual exhaust?
    The first is a 1956 300B, and the second is a 300 Hemi C convertable. I love both. The only drawback is that they are both 1/16 scale. I posted a few pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/my300m_ page 2 under Catalogs.
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    I strongly object to your description of old grey hair gentlemen driving M's. I use Grecian Formula, so there!!! LOL. I am going on an advance party to Vegas this weekend, to check out the sites for an M meet, my main focus will be to check out the inner workings of the slot machines, and I will post my results on my return to help others who have problems with these slots. I am renting a car from Dollar and I think I am getting an M or a Lada as I failed to read my confirmation closely.
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    Where did you get the die casts? And, is the 300 Hemi C a remote control car? I still haven't seen a 300M in die cast anywhere. Prices on the cars?
  • silverbullet4silverbullet4 Member Posts: 449
    My wife's 93 Grand Voyager is about ready for that final trip to the recycling center, with 125k hard miles. As a compromise, the ladies in the family decided they would share a used SUV until Daughter goes to college in two years. She would take it and my wife would get a new Minivan. The only affordable SUV I find appealing from a ride and technology viewpoint is the Nissan Pathfinder with the new 3.5 V6. (although the 5-speed auto and SOHV V6 in the Explorer drove OK).

Any opinions from you unbiased and totally vendor-neutral experts? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Silver