Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    Last week there was a flurry of posts about the basslink (mostly mine one day when bored at work). Most of the posts were clustered around a day or two and included links to the installation guide, a picture of all the contacts, a wiring chart for the M, and an article by someone that installed one. Try starting here:

sdmike2 Jun 18, 2001 9:40pm
  • sibesibe Posts: 102
    Welcome. We might be moving up your way, well a little further north to Fairbanks if all goes according to plan. You may not be alone for long, as I may go from the Westernmost member to the Northernmost member 8-)

Sibe
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Posts: 958
    When I had the 17's with Michelins I ran 38psi with no problems. A littler rougher yeah, but it handled great. That little red alarm light is the sensor. it's facing the windsheild.
    Did you ever run them at 32-33? I notice a big difference and I'm not sure I like it. Also, thanks fuzzy & roger for the sensor information. That at least explains why my lights did that this morning.

-M
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Posts: 365
    If you happen to go to Alaska, let me know as you will probably have to head north through my city Calgary, we might be able to compare the two cars between Cdn and US. I might even buy you a coffee at Tim Hortons, it's better than Starbucks.
  • mike360mike360 Posts: 8
    We're picking up our new M (black) tomorrow, and I need to find the best product to use on the paint. Seems like Zaino Brothers stuff is popular here - is it as good as it sounds? Is there anything else that anyone uses they'd recommend? Thanks.
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Posts: 958
    I ran 35 for a few weeks, didn't notice much of a difference when I went to 38psi. I look at the max pressure on the tire, & stay within 5psi when hot. Never had less then 35 in my 300M for less then a few hours(when I picked it up new)
  • rogor2krogor2k Posts: 385
    Congratulations! Remember me, Seattle Roger. Nice to have a fellow WA owner in Town Hall. I see a lot of M's in the area and I've put 300M Enthusiasts Club brochures on every one I see, but I guess people aren't joiners up here.

Who are you buying it from? Maybe I already have your dealer enrolled in our member discount program; can save you 10% on all your parts and service. Anyway, check us out at http://www.300mclub.org. We're having a Club rendezvous in Monterey CA August 17th thru 19th, love to have you come. We can caravan down.

Zaino is the stuff to get. Seems expensive but a little bit goes a LONG way. http://www.zainobros.com. Start with the Z1, Z2, Z5, and Z6. The leather care and tire dressing are excellent too. It's ALL good.
  • sibesibe Posts: 102
    Thanx would love to do that. But if we do move, we'll be shipping the cars into Anchorage...seems this highway that's not yet finished between Oregon and Hawaii the same one that is preventing the 300M Club from meeting in Hawaii, makes it impossible for us to head that way. However, there is the Yukon Quest...how far are you from Whitehorse? If one of my friends runs it next year and we're up there I'm hoping to be there as part of his all siberian team.

Sibe
    I love the stuff. It goes a real long way. My tire treatment is a month old and still looks nice. Never been able to say that about another product (usually lasts a couple of days). My favorite is Z6...Every couple of days I wipe the car down and give it a Z6 spray and voila, show car! Pics:

Hood (that's my house reflection)

Me in rear quarter panel

Tires & Rims

• There is a Sun Strength Sensor on the front side of the little security light pod. It is used for the lights and for the Auto Temp Control system. It's basically an analog photocell, output varies based on amount of light.
  • sugar300msugar300m Posts: 61
    99_300m_ric_va - what wood kit did you use?
  • jgoodsonjgoodson Posts: 30
    Does anyone know how to restore the color on the center console lid? I have the tan leather and the lid is discolored on the edges from arm wear. I've tried cleaning it but hasn't helped. I was wondering if there is a product that would restore the color. I though about tan shoe paste but my wife doesn't like that idea.
    did not realize you were in Hawaii, does make it kind of tough, I tried to swim from Hawaii to California 1 night. I made about 10 ft before someone dragged me back to the bar lol.
    We are quite the way from Whitehorse, the closest i came to there was when my wife and I did the cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and saw the buses with Whitehorse on them at Skagway.
    It would be nice if something could be arranged for Washington or British Columbia sometime. I think that is the reason I have not signed up for the 300 Club, as there is no one around here.
    My e-mail is mjohnston@home.com.
  • spyboyspyboy Posts: 22
    Okay you 300M gurus out there...am I missing something here
    regarding tire pressure? Doesn't the manual state 30psi?
    I just checked mine at 32psi and figured I would leave it
    there. So why so high? Advice!
    My reason was to see if I could improve gas mileage without performance suffering. I'm going back to 32
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    mike360-

Zaino is THAT good! You will NOT be disappointed. One word of advice- tell your dealer NOT to touch the car- NO WASH, NO WAX, NO NOTHING! That's where ALL the initial scratches come from. I know you want to pick up the car all shiny and clean, but it's NOT worth it in the long run. I didn't do that when I got my 300M in 99 because I never heard of Zaino until about a month later. I DID do this with the new Acura this past March. NO scratches/swirls. I didn't even let them take the white plastic off! I did that myself because I had to drive the car from RI to CT and thought that maybe the white plastic might melt on the hood if driven a long distance. Although, it was so cold, I don't think it would have melted.

Click on my name above and you'll find the links to see what a Zaino shine looks like on the 300M and the Acura CL-S.

fastdriver
  • timbotimbotimbotimbo Posts: 15
    I'm seriously considering buying the best looking car on the road; (the 300M) however, I have some concerns about Chrysler reliability. Would all of you 300M owners do it all over again?????

Thanks
    Tim in Pa.