Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• dustinnewtondustinnewton Member Posts: 242
    Pster-I probably have that same W in '04 sticker on my M as well! I've never been one to procrastinate, so I told my wife that I was going to go ahead and have my mid-life crisis now and get it out of the way! She was thrilled!! I was young until I had kids,a nd it's amazing how much I've aged since then!

Intrep-You did far more than most! Lots of people have been trying to run into me in the last few days, so it might not stay perfect for long!!
  • psterpster Member Posts: 293
    Me thinks the Hemi V8 option, if it survives, is going to be $$$$$$$$$$ expensive. I feel like the 300M was a "fix" until the "real" 300 made its debut. That would certainly explain all my repair costs. The high beltline I find particulary distasteful, it may look good, but it feels like driving inside a barrel.
  • blondablonda Member Posts: 542
    You're half correct about the M. It wasn't a "fix" but it was originally a design intended for the Eagle Vision. But when they decided to dump the Eagle brand they decided to do something with that beautiful design -- thus the 300M was born.

Just remember -- all brands have "bad apples" you're just one of them who was unfortunate enough to get one of them. Mercedes has a lower initial quality rating than Chrysler products (Volvo is even worse). Don't think this 300C is going to be any better quality just because it shares Mercedes parts.
  • sugar300msugar300m Member Posts: 61
    Now that's just wrong unless u can rip out the Hemi & rear wheel drive configuration & put it in a 99-03 M. Long live the M!

Sugar
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    Oh dont worry it will sell BIGTIME. With MB trans and other MB parts and 5.7 HEMI , they will have no problem selling them.
  • intrepidspiritintrepidspirit Member Posts: 662
    ...except they can leave the Hemi in...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145

Join us tonight, 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for Town Hall Trivia Night and member-to-member chat – come test your knowledge and chat with fellow members!

http://www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat/townhallchat.html

See you there!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• beespecialbeespecial Member Posts: 69
    Good thing it's got Hemi power. It will take a lot of horses to push that flat front end down the road. I'll stay with my M.
  • silverbullet4silverbullet4 Member Posts: 449
    The shape kinda reminds me of my wife's old '84 Volvo 240 and my family's old '50 Plymouth. In other words, Retro. Oh boy! Plastic tortoise shell trim to go along with the plastic wood trim!
    Hmmm...wonder what the Cd is on that "two box" shape.
    I mourn the loss of that beautiful 300-N convertible. If I ever buy a Hemi, it will be in a pickup, not this brutish-looking thing. Another Teutonic insult to America.

Silver
    If you look at that link fedlawman posted, the 02 Mitsu Galant looks like the 300M from the windshield back (just think of it with bigger wheels).
    It's a simple matter of cost effective parts sharing. Just take the C, put a bed on it, and you have a Dodge Ram pickup. With a smoother hood and a better, non-truck grille, it's a Bentley. Let's hope it looks better in person. No one here at my office likes it based on the pictures seen so far. I don't think people will buy it just to get the Hemi V-8. Case in point: The Infiniti M45. It has a screamin' 340HP V8, but that beautiful engine is in a butt-ugly body, and they can't give them away. See: http://info.detnews.com/autosconsumer/autoreviews/index.cfm?myrec- =187 and pay attention to the "hideous, old-fashioned grille" comment!!
    I used to think the M45/Q45 was ugly too until I saw a few Q45's in person. It's actually a pretty cool looking, classy car. The grill on that is no comparison to the "Ram" grill on the 300C.
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    well, obviously is looks a lot like a Rolls Royce or a Bentley, but also the flat roof reminds me of 1968 Lincoln Continental:

http://www.eastohiocoolcars.com/Other/1968LincolnContinental.htm
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,684
    Awww, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• kosh_2258kosh_2258 Member Posts: 338
    I could share your enthusiasm for that car but I simply can't.
    Considering the list of cars the 300 is intended to go up against, there will few if any converts from the competition for this design. Chrysler simply has no history in the market segment.
    DCX is not going to play up the MB component angle because they won't want to dilute the MB side of the business so most lookers won't even be aware of the MB parts under the skin.
    That angle could even work against the car because people may (rightly or wrongly) assume MB parts = damn expensive to repair if it breaks.
    My gut tells me nyet.
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    Only time will tell. KOSH . I think many will be surprised when they actually get to see and drive these cars. Many people thought the same way back in 93 when the first LH cars came out , saying they will never sell because of the radical design . Up until the LH cars came out ,most cars were very boring and lacked style . The LH actually had that concept car look that could be bought .
    ...which will be the 300N (or close to it).

From a personal point of view, I am not yet impressed, but it may grow on me. However, I am looking at it as the successor to the 300M rather than an entirely new car, and from that viewpoint, it falls short. If I look at it from an objective viewpoint, the car has some design merits. Actually, it seems right in line with many of the other concept and new production cars being produced for 2004 and beyond.

However, I see a lot more "Daimler" than "Chrysler" in the 300C. The car almost seems to have a cold, German look to it, IMHO. What's missing is that edgy design difference that identified Chryslers throughout the years...
  • scottjohnsonscottjohnson Member Posts: 61
    I haven't seen anybody guess at the price tag for this new beast. Based on the description by Chrysler, I'm thinking in the $45K range at least. They're talking luxury segment, not entry-level.
  • yositoyosito Member Posts: 55
    New 300C came from the Chronos, and not from a Bentley or Rolls, I do remember a dealer said that after Chrysler showed them a pic. from the car at Vegas. And about the Magnum the front looks a lot the the MaxxCab, don´t you think?

BTW, I think Chrysler will show us next the "Concorde" and the next "Intrepid", I wonder how they will look like, maybe the Concorde will look like the Airflite :)
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    The comments on that Intrepid link page listed above are almost unanimous with most of those here. They don't like the design either. Can all these lovers of the 300M and Intrepid designs be wrong? If I wanted a Buick or boxy re-packaged Mercedes design, I would have bought one back when. I wanted a sporty [hey, I'm only 61], luxurious [leather and heated seats], and attractive car [that I could do exterior mods to]. That was the M, it is definitely not that concept car on points 1 & 3.
    I have seen the Chronos in person and it is the most beautiful car I have ever seen! The 300C could not even be considered a distant cousin of the Chronos.

If, indeed, the 300C was inspired by the Chronos, the result is definitely a cruel joke! Jay Leno offered $2,000,000 for the Chronos at the LA Car show earlier this year. I would guess that his offer would be substantially less for the 300C...
  • dukeofdallasdukeofdallas Member Posts: 52
    Why am I not suprised that this group of 300 owners prefers the one that they own? It's only natural. Objectivity anyone? I like the design but like Blonda said, a billet grill will be a must. This car offers an impressive package and will grow on people. Like Otto said it is no more radical than the original LH. The problem will be competing in a tougher weight class. Our 300 and the LS made headway in the entry-level class so if it's priced right (read under $45,000 loaded), the 300C will sell.
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    It is not a question of preferring our M's over the new C. Many of us have had our M's for almost 5 years and we were anxious for a new,great offering from DC. That new and great offering was the 300 Hemi C that was supposed to go for $40K, and was never put in production. Then it was supposed to be the Crossfire, but that puppy had the 275 h.p. guts pulled out of it, and had a 3.2 litre 215 h.p. offering from MB put into it instead. What gets the Hemi? Not the Pacifica which needs the power to push 4,700 pounds off the line, or the Crossfire, but the new C which looks like a re-baked MB or Buick. We will get over it, it will just take awhile cause the disappointment is great.
    Until they are on the showroom floor, they don't exist. The only truly endearing aspect of this vehicle, in my opinion, is the Hemi V8. But this option is bound to cost dearly and will probably be the pivot for Chrysler inching the price of it's flagship vehicle over the $40M price point. If they can maintain the 3600 weight of the 300M, the Hemi should be a very nice rush. But....the show car is fully fitted and tricked out with low profiles, etc....more practically, I can see this car for sale in smaller tire sizes, with V6's....and....nope, it doesn't cut it. As for the new "chunky" style, while the 300C doesn't make me vomit, the TL concept looks like it might be more livable. If the Hemi is priced reasonably, I could see myself buying this car...but No WAY in the first year of production. Live and learn.
    duke-Are we not allowed to dislike a design? I'll bet you like whatever you drive more than the Pontiac Aztek, correct? Then don't jump on us for liking our cars more than a new model! Do I like my M more than the 300C? Heavens yes! Do I like my M more than the 300 Hemi C Concept car? Nope. I would have traded my M in a minute to pick up that baby! DC screwed up and changed the concept too much.

All-Speaking of the Aztek, it was a radical concept-type car too! Having MB parts in the DC products doesn't make me want one more. I test drove some entry level MB products before I bought the M. I liked the M and the way it handled better than the MB's, so I bought it. Don't forget that the reason DC and MB are combining parts is purely to save money. It's not necessarily better, but it sure as heck is cheaper! Buying in bulk saves money and gives the buyer bargaining power! I wrote a letter to DC expressing my disappointment yesterday and they already had a form letter in place to send out with details of the 300C and apologies that it didn't meet my satisfaction. I guess I wasn't the first one to let them know what I thought. I hope that they sell thousands and thousands of them for Otto and his co-workers sake (Great guys that build FANTASTIC cars!), but I think they would have done FAR better with the 300 Hemi C as opposed to the 300C the debuted.
    Did the Car & Truck website go kaput?
    Me thinks this is the car the new 300C was styled after...

http://www.chrysler.com/design/vehicle_design/gallery.html
  • dukeofdallasdukeofdallas Member Posts: 52
    Don't be so sensitive. Of course you're allowed to dislike the design. I'll never jump on somebody 4 their car opinion. All I said was that I'm not surprised at this boards reaction. Based on this board you'd think Cadillac wouldn't be able to give away CTS's. Also there is no doubt in my mind that this car WILL sell if it's priced similar to the LS ($32k base, $42k loaded). Oh, and I do like my car better than the Aztek. I drive an M, BTW.
  • illini4illini4 Member Posts: 140
    You think it was designed after the Pacifica?
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    Autoweek showed pictures of the new CTS 300C and the new Acura. The C actually made the CTS look good and (I can't believe I am going to say this) It made the Acura look the best of the bunch. From going to #1 in styling to dead last so quickly.
    Like Dustin said earler WHY the 300C ?????????? This is not 1957. Not only can they not design a vehicle but they do not even know the alphabet.
    It looks like a baby Rolls Royce (new BMW version). Makes me kind of wish Chrysler would have been fased out like Plymouth at their peak instead of dying slowly makeing cars like this. My only hope is they come out with a 300 (who knows) coupe or convertable with a different design.
    This one is up there with the Aztec.
    Sorry, the web page I attached did not direct you to the vehicle to which I was referring. Go back to the Chrysler design page and scroll across the vehicles listed at the top until you find the Chrysler Special....I think it was the 1952 300G? Anyway, the front end and flanks look surprising close the 300C.
    The 300C can be seen in the 1952 Special, c-200 and K310(?). You can find the special on the list at the top of the design page...

http://www.chrysler.com/design/vehicle_design/gallery.html
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,684
    Whilst at the bank (where has my money gone?), a gentleman in a Lexus SC400 pulls up, hops out of his car and asks if my car was a Chrysler. Yes, indeed it is I replied. "Beautiful car" was his response. He then went on to speak less than enthusiastically about GM, again complimenting my Platinum (again, when the sun hits the Platinum metallic paint, stunning!)and Chrysler in general. Nice. If only my M panel gaps were as tight as his Lexus...

One thought: When the "radical" LH cars first appeared in (I think) late '93, they may have been radical but they were also GOOD LOOKING! They still look good and the evolution in styling to our generation of LHs I believe speaks for itself. Of course, beauty is in the eye and I've only seen the pix of the next 300. It ain't beautiful. Unless it looks completely different up close and personl, Chrysler will be a one-hit wonder in my family. I may stay in the DCX family, though. That MB E is an elegant looker. But then again, where is my money?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• svevarsvevar Member Posts: 160
    I'm think it's stupid that they're calling it 'C' and not 'N,' but maybe they'll rechristen the production version.

I personally think that the 300C is stunning. Perhaps many on this board don't like it because it's unexpected, being such a radical change from the 300M. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the M. I think it's one of the finest looking cars ever made. And I'm sad that production will cease within a few months. But the fact remains that I like the 300C. Alot. My only criticism is that the interior is nearly identical to the Dodge Magnum concept. I hope this changes with the production version. If DCX intends to move the Chrysler brand upscale, it can't be sharing interiors with Dodge. Having said that, I truly believe the 300C will be a great success, surpassing the M both in sales and credibility among lower-luxury import buyers.

Otto, I envy you! How great it must be to have a hand in producing Chrysler's great rolling artwork. Every time I walk out into a parking lot and approach my 300M or Sebring, the car puts a smile on my face. You get to see the 300 and its equally beautiful LH platform mates up close each and everyday!

300michael, while you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I think the Aztec comparison is going a bit too far. Even if you don't much like the 300C, I don't see how one could find it as offensive as an Aztec. If anything, the 300C is more conservative and formal than the 300M, like a Bentley or Rolls, with a sort of understated elegance. Again, I think the problem is that we're all so enamored with our 300M's that nothing could possibly match its styling. Rather than try to improve upon styling perfection and let the M simply evolve, Chrysler wisely moved on with an all new, clean sheet design.
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    But I would not say that the 300M has evolved into the C. The 300M looked like a entry level sport sedan. I think the C looks like a mini Rolls. It remindes me of the pre 73 vehicles (before the 5mph bumpers) The cars were very stream lines with their bumpers molded into the fenders. Then come 1973 with the bumper laws. Suddenly the cars all looked alike and had park (bumper)benches attached to the fronts and backs. For saftey is was a plus, but for design it was a 20 year step back. I fell chrysler is doing it again. Year ago you would see pictures of the cars of the future. The Intrepids and other LH vehicles made this look like it was actually going to happen. Now this. With other manufactures comming out with cars in this segment with 350 hp the 300 is no longer leading the pack it is bringing up the rear. I am sure it drives better then it looks, at least lets hope so.
  • cebtebcebteb Member Posts: 138
    Someone wake me when this nostalgia craze in auto design is over and when the current obsession with tin plate/silver plastic dash console trim has run its course. You think DC would have gotten a clue with the Mercury Marauder marketing disaster.

There is certainly a strong retro and a strong German influence in the 300C styling, neither of which is plus for a near luxury sports sedan. Early-Panzer doesn't provoke lasting appeal. I expect the Japanese are going to clean their clocks in this market segment. They can battle Lincoln for the leftovers.

DC lost me as a repeat customer when they went RWD. Hemi power is nice, but it doesn't do much good when your tires are spinning on an icy hill some snowy December morn. Note the snowy driveway comment on the Infinity G35 RWD in this local review during typical Denver spring weather <http://www.postnewsads.com/budwells/viewarticles.asp?articleID=102>

Since I keep new cars an average of 7 years or 90,000 miles, it will be awhile before our '99 300M will be replaced. I hope the auto stylists are back to attractive designs by then. If I had to replace the M tomorrow, I'd probably go for the Nissan Maxima, assuming they have corrected all the faults the pre-production review car had.

Our deep slate 300M is the third of 7 new cars I've owned that never failed to get adoring looks in a parking lot when spiffed up. My first beauty was a '67 Camero SS/RS (red). Later an '85 300ZX Turbo (black/aspen gold). I don't foresee anyone stopping to adore the 300C, just maybe to wonder why. My remaining life is too short to own/drive a dumpy looking car.
  • bluesky999bluesky999 Member Posts: 253
    Isn't this great, checking out the concepts at the NY show; some of us have been waiting for this all year, myself included! Allow me to share my thoughts; any and all disagreement is welcome.

1) Some new concept cars, such as GM's G6 and Solstice (not at the NY show, BTW), are using prominent front grilles that are truly elegant, graceful, and to my eyes beautiful. The 300C's strikes me as overwhelming; maybe I'll get used to it.

2) Whereas the 300M is graceful and jaguar-esque in its form, the 300C is, well, not. I remember the first time I saw an 'M--it struck me as wonderfully beautiful; no deja vu with the 'C. And the retro cues don't strike my fancy. That said, I'm sure some will love them.

3) I hope they've done some marketing work to see if people will lay down some large cash for a Chrysler that is not a specialty vehicle (i.e. Viper and Prowler). The current M could be had for under 30K; I for one wouldn't pay 35K+ for a Chrysler because of their quality problems and run-of-the mill dealer network. Perhaps some of the quality issues are simply perception but nevertheless effect resale dramatically.

4) Acura's current TL-S, a competitor to the current M, puts out 260 HP, and gets 19/29 fuel economy. With the added weight of rear wheel drive and a V8, along with the non-aerodynamic form, fuel economy might be truck-like on the 300C. I hope they use some aluminum in the body to help keep the weight down, otherwise I wouldn't consider the vehicle based on fuel economy alone. But maybe they're not targetting folks like me, but people looking for a higher class of vehicle. If so, it sounds like a tall order for Chrysler; I wish them well.
    A couple of observations:

Yes, the LH cars were radical and different as is the 300C, but the difference is the LH's were radical looking forward, whereas the LX is radical looking backwards.
    The 300C has a somewhat crude, heavy handed and dated look to it. Put the Imperial name on this car and it would be OK, but not as the 300.

As someone observed here, the LH's had that future concept quality to them. Bob Lutz was no fool when he approved the LH - especially the 2nd generation. What Chrysler gave the public was the look of a Ferrari, or a Lamborghini in a family sedan. Cab forward was something of an application of the mid-engine sports car shape. Look at a Lamborghini Countach or Diablo in profile and you'll see what I mean.
    That quality is what made these cars special.

Considering the class of vehicle the 300C is intended to go up against I'm very skeptical it will win any converts from those other cars. Those buyers are looking at the technical attributes of those cars. Things like aluminum DOHC engines, 5 and 6 speed gear boxes, and a level of sophistication. And those cars established reputations.

The 300C has a crude, heavy, in your face aura to it. It has an iron block push rod engine(used in their trucks), RWD and a bolt upright style. These are attributes that MB has abandon (save RWD) in their cars because it made them look dated against their European competition.

All cars are judged against their current competition in the time they're conceived by most potential customers.
    Chrysler heritage is only signficant to a subset of current Chrysler owners, it will have little meaning to others. They won't look at the 300C from that historical context, they'll only look at it in comparison to the current competition in the same price class. Heritage will count for nothing to the vast majority.
    The new car will be at dealer in more than one year, so expect a lot of things to come.
     BTW, just wait and then read what the media will have to say about the car, I think Chrysler has ANOTHER HIT with this one.

More LX to come, plus Stratus and Neon replacements!
     Chrysler is still a leader in Design!
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    or New Yorker

300 is supposed to be a sporty car. I see nothing sporty in that piece of brick.
    Yes, there are reportedly four more variants yet to come of this car. I've also read that the negative reaction to the Super 8 concept may have spurred DC to hedge its bet on the Intrepid replacement - more along the lines of the current Intrepid.

As for media reaction it's been somewhat mixed thus far regarding the Magnum and Airflite. By no means overwhelmingly positive - certainly not the way it was with the LH. I haven't received the latest Autoweek yet but understand the 300C is written up in there. Yes, I do want to see what their reaction is but that won't change my mind.

If the Avenger concept is any indication of the Status replacement I'd have to pass on that too.
    Both the Stratus and Neon cars are reported to be basically Mitsubishi's under the skin so they really won't be a Chrysler product any more than the Stratus and Sebring coupes are.
  • no1trustno1trust Member Posts: 151
    It was parked in a gloomy spot of a casino parking garage. It had an Arizona manufacturer's plate on it.

It appeared to be a dark dirty grey; it was pretty dirty, too, must have been driven thru rain. I didn't know the car was so small. It was parked next to a 2-door Pontiac Grand Am, and the Am looked a little bigger.

The car was in a relatively shadowy parking space, but I could tell the seats were 2-tone something (couldn't make out the coloration). There was a wide silvery ring surrounding the windshield (the rest of the car appeared dark grey) and it looked unattractive compared to the rest of the car... what is that ring for?

The gaps that appeared between the hood & the front grille... I admit my vision isn't the sharpest but it looked kind of "off" to me.

I'm glad I saw this dirty version of the Crossfire. It reminded me of what the car would look like years down the road w/o the car being meticulously waxed & the owner let it go after getting bored w/it. Only my opinion, the old 300Ms still look like works of art inside and out even today; after this one visit I quickly got bored w/the Crossfire... maybe a showroom version all spiffed up would look more exciting than this real live Crossfire off the lot.

Does Arizona manufacture cars, or are they testing it or something?

P.S. Is the airfoil on the back of the car supposed to be sticking straight up when the car is parked? Looks like an easy piece to get accidentally damaged if someone bumps into it, the way it's placed.
    Duke-I understand your point, I'm just a little shocked that you wouldn't know that a Chrysler 300M owners board full of (mostly) happy and proud 300M owners would naturally prefer their car over the C!

All-Someone mentioned that the C won't be out until 2004 and there was still a year to make changes. The C (Otto, correct me if I'm wrong) will be out in model year 2004, which is only 4 or so months away, not a full year. That makes a big difference. The main things I don't like about the C are the grille and hood pulled from the Ram pickup. The back end of the car is a bit dull for my tastes, but I could live with it. If they would change that grille and hood to ANYTHING else, I would probably like it better. I saw an overhead shot of the hood (can't remember where) and what the shots on Otto's website link don't show are the HEAVY bends/lines in the hood to accentuate the grille, exactly like the RAM.
    Wow! It looks like Chrysler has at least stirred up some controversy for our board.

ruski - I agree. On it's own, perhaps as an Imperial, the 300C would be more palatable. But it doesn't seem like the successor to the 300M.

dustin - I believe they go into production in late fall and will be on the market in February, 2004 -- as the 300N. I think the "C" designates "Concept" as there may yet be changes before production of the "N".
    Kosh.- Just read autoweek´s site and see there readers comments, most of them very positive, in fact competition is already speaking wonders about the car, so the media. Just wait to read all those publications.
     Chrysler is now in the correct direction, they just need good marketing, good sales, service practices from dealers, and TONS OF LUCK!
     :)
    Kosh.- Just read autoweek´s site and see there readers comments, most of them very positive, in fact competition is already speaking wonders about the car, so the media. Just wait to read all those publications.
     Chrysler is now in the correct direction, they just need good marketing, good sales, service practices from dealers, and TONS OF LUCK!
     :)
    I checked out Autoweek and can't find anything but basic announcement articles on the 300C.

Care to post links with examples of where the "competition is speaking wonders about the car" or the media for that matter. I'm from Missouri - show me. :)

And I hardly call 55 comments out of 2084 views of the 300C thread signficant for a magazine with the circulation size of Autoweek.

I've read auto magazines long enough to read their tea leaves.
    If they really like a car they will say so clearly and loudly.
    If they are doubtful about a car they won't say so, they just won't say anything good - or bad -about it. Just lots of non-committal remarks, and verbal dancing around.
    And on very rare occasions, if a car really really sucks to their line of thinking, they will come out and say so - whether it pisses the manufacturer off or not.

My vote offsets yours. I think Chrysler is heading down the road to ruin because of a poor understanding of the market they serve.
  • emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    the 300c...what to think? i agree with ruski that it should be called new yorker or imperial cause it certainly doesn't have sporty enuf looks to be called a 300!!

to me the design might appeal to "old money" types, if they can get over spending 40k large for a chrysler!! but, i'm 35 and can't imagine owning (or leasing) this car....it just looks like a car for more experienced (read as older) folks!

one can only hope that the forthcoming magnum sedan and charger, etc are more swoopy and futuristic vs backward. but i'm not holding my breath because it appears that most cars built off the LX platform will be bricky looking and also contain a high beltline with limited window square footage. too bad!
  • cebtebcebteb Member Posts: 138
    I'm getting there, 57 in 4 months and into the 6 figure income range. But, I wouldn't buy the 300C nor would my somewhat younger wife let me.

I read this weekend that the big industry push is to market cars to the front end baby boomers who have hit their peak income years. Maybe the 300C approach would work in a more urban environment than Colorado. My contemporaries are buying the Covettes they never could have while the kids were growing up or buying upscale SUVs. Several, like myself, bought 300Ms in their first couple of model years. I don't expect to see any 300Cs next year in our +400 car parking lot. I think D-C is riding a loser.