Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    I'm glad to know there is fake wood in the LTD because the Intrepid I'm driving now has nothing but BLACK and it's ugly. I don't usually like wood trim, but with this interior, it looks good when used sparingly.

wire2 - Thanks, I didn't know is was SOHC (not that it matters, Honda has shown how great SOHC engines are). With such an improvement in HP, the LTD should be at least as quick, despite the weight gain it no doubt underwent.

sdmike2 - I think the wood trim around the CD player you saw is from a picture of the Concorde LXi. It has a different dashboard/console.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    I would have driven a Steel Blue with Taupe if the one I saw had PHG. I think its gorgeous.
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Don't get over-excited with how fast the Cocorde LTD will be. It's no slouch, that's for sure, but the 250 horsepower rated at the flywheel is drastically cut in this car. Mainly the power-sapping transmission is to blame. But, at higher speeds, it will pull endlessly like a freight-train (not that I'd know myself yet...).

Oh, but you're used to the AWD Rendezvous. Well, if you can live through 12-13 second struggles to 60, I think an 8 second blitz will feel like a race car. I've read the numbers in reviews of Rendezvous, but are they really that "out of breath" without much power? I would imagine that even without a lot of horses, the GM pushrod would pull pretty decently off the line.
    Like I said, we all think the Steel Blue looks cheap, but we've never been real fans of blue cars or anything for that matter. As far as the Lt. Taupe, good choice, that's the nicest M interior color made. Sandstone (I know you have it) is a bit too camel-like and the slate/agate that we have shows dust and dirt too easily and makes the interior look smaller than it is. It also gets hotter in the sun than the lighter colors.

It's a good thing you didn't get Steel Blue & Taupe, because "Big Red" is a real beauty!!
  • hayneldanhayneldan Posts: 657
    I hava a 99 Intrepid ES with the candy apple red exterior and Tan leather interior. I have added the Exotic Wood Dash trim and a spoiler from Spoilerdepot.com. The dash trim really dresses up the interior, I've had many favorable comments on it. Mounting my spoiler was easier than SDMike's because onlt 4 holes are required and they are 1/2 inch from the edge of trunklid so I only had to drill thru one layer of trunk.
  • drpixeldrpixel Posts: 256
    hope you all have a blast tomorrow--wish I could be there, but the drive would be a little long. I will be there in spirit, though and wish you a pleasant day, good companionship and camraderie.
    sdmike2, will call you on the cell around 12:00noon PST which would be around 3pm Noo Joisey trime---if we don't connect, well I'd understand! Take lots of pix!

Regards to all my fellow 300m'ers!

Doc
    My mother has a friend at work who's hoping to sell her Caravan. She knows that I can find out just about anything anyone wants on the internet and wanted me to find the best few classifieds sites where she can put an add that's viewed by a lot of people yet doesn't cost much or is free. I told her I'd look around and see what I can come up with. There's one local site that allows allows free ads for an unlimited time and pictures, that we've used before ourselves.

Do you guys have any ideas?

-beach
    Not sure of the fees, but www.autotrader.com has a ton of listings and a lot of traffic.
    The weather is beautiful here today (60s and the occasional fluffy cloud) and it should be the same tomorrow for the meet. I wish I had time for another coat of Zaino. I'll be lucky if I have time to even wash Big Red. Anyway, the other good news is that dealer has committed some stuff to us for door prizes. Not sure how many, but the GM said he'd put together a "box" with some shirts and hats and stuff in it. How cool is that!?! :) So those attending should have a pretty good shot at walking away with some decent goodies from this event, in addition to the company of some good folks.

If anyone here is still on the fence, get off it and come on out! :) http://www.ritchiefamily.com/sdmeet.htm

Mike
    Well, my mother has been acting really mad about the car all day. She called me from work after she got back to work after lunch and asked for the vin#. Since then, she just emailed me and has a case number and other stuff at the Chrysler headquarters now. And, to top it off, she just found out that more parts for the car have been in just sitting around but no one has called her. Chrysler is supposed to really get on the dealer's behind, and the guy suppossedly told her on the phone that she should have filed for arbitration after all the problems the car has had, we'd just have to have the records.

Oh my, the soap opera goes on and on....

-beach
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    but let me try to clarify what I meant about selling things in the TH. You can't sell something to me. If I'm looking for a specific item and you know a web resource for that item, of course you may post a link to that website.

And yes, I think saying go the 300M board to follow up on something for sale would be okay. It is not okay to post links to pages where you have advertised something, though - including ebay links. Again, we're talking about YOU being the seller. If you are just sharing helpful information, there is no problem with that whatsoever, and we encourage you to do so.

You just can't say "I'm selling this - let me know if you want it." Nor can you try to sell something for another Town Hall member - we've had that situation arise a number of times with sales people.

I am sorry - I realize this may seem over-restrictive, and yes I do understand that the "intent" is very important. But we have found that in order to keep the Town Hall from becoming a flea market, as someone said - or worse! - we just have to have an across the board rule.

The other thing is that even if I DIDN'T want to enforce this, I don't have that discretion. I'm sure most of you realize that your hosts are not the folks who make the rules, but we are the folks that are expected to see that they are upheld.

Any policy issues in the Town Hall that you'd like to address may be taken up with our Consumer Services Manager, Jonah Brown - jbrown@edmunds.com.

Anyway, let's don't go off on this tangent again - just shoot me an email if you have anything else to say or any further questions.

Thanks!

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • blondablonda Posts: 542
    SDMike -you mean we're supposed to wash our cars first??? Mine will not have been washed in a week and I've had tire, ding and muffler guys crawling all over it. No time to wash before tomorrow. You'd be suprised to look at it though ... I love that Macquires Quick Detailer (better than Z6 for cleaning IMO).
    clean that car! :) one of the door prizes is a mcquires set of three cleaning items, including the quick detailer. maybe you'll get lucky. By the way, the best prize will go to the person that talks you into skipping your other event and staying with us. :)
    man, my boys at sd state are getting their hindquarters handed to them.
  • blondablonda Posts: 542
    They're losing? That sucks. But then again...what do you expect from a San Diego team?
    beach15 - My last "g-ride" was a '95 Trans Am which was plenty fast and fun to drive, but it was also noisy, cramped, uncomfortable, and cheap! After the initial thrill wore off, I just hated being in it. That's why I decided on something quiet, comfortable, stylish, and big this time around. The LTD is plenty quick enough for my needs.

As for my Buick, it has a good amount of low end torque and gets off the line quite well. According to "Car and Driver", 0-60 comes in 9.9 seconds, which sounds about right to the seat of my pants. The Buick's quality, luxury, and amenities have spoiled me and that's partly why I chose the Chrysler instead of a Mustang GT or some other go-fast car.

hayneldan - I like the looks of the '99 Intrepid a lot and can imagine the improvement the wood trim makes to the interior. In fact, the Intrepid ES was on my short list. The only reason I tried for the LTD first is because, since I can't configure the car, just order it by model, I wanted to be sure I got 250 HP, traction control, keyless entry, and some other features that aren't standard on the Intrepid. Happy motoring!
  • rogor2krogor2k Posts: 385
    Here's hoping for great weather and attendance for the meet. Take lots of pics for the web site.

Sincere thanks to sdmike2 for taking the lead and putting this all together. Everyone start saving your Frequent Driver miles for the Woodward Dream Cruise and LH plant tour in Canada in August.
    Thanks Roger! Looks like the weather is going to be good for us. I know of at least 5 people that will be at the event, with 10 more responding that they'd be coming. 300michael, glenn, blonda, mrl, and myself are definites. If nobody else shows up we're going to split the door prizes and go spend our 4 hours in the local watering hole. lol!

For everyone else, organizing an event is something that any club member can do. If you think an event needs to be held in your area please email Roger or another officer of the club and they'll help you get the ball rolling!
  • videoman1videoman1 Posts: 201
    Here's wishing everyone at the meet great weather, great food, and a great time. I wish I could be there but I'll have to wait for the East Coast Meet.

Have fun and have a safe trip.
  • uxca300muxca300m Posts: 155
    Yahooieee! Just got a tax rebate cheque for $5,200.00 Gotta spend it before my wifey finds out about it. I just ordered $200.00 bucks worth of Zaino stuff and the Weathertech rain shields;have an appointment next week to get the windows tinted and another one to get a rust proof treatment so I've still got around $4,500.00 left. What do I do. What do I do. Maybe duels, air charger, bass booster, scoop. I gotta spend it before she finds out about it or I know it will end up as a new dining room suite. I NEED HELP! And no, I'm not donating it to any of you guys or girls. Suggestions?
    Duals, air charger, bass booster, and scoop sound great. But don't forget the rear wing and a nice dinner to celebrate.
    Yahooieee! Just got a tax rebate cheque for $5,200.00 Gotta spend it before my wifey finds out about it. I just ordered $200.00 bucks worth of Zaino stuff and the Weathertech rain shields;have an appointment next week to get the windows tinted and another one to get a rust proof treatment so I've still got around $4,500.00 left. What do I do. What do I do. Maybe duels, air charger, bass booster, scoop. I gotta spend it before she finds out about it or I know it will end up as a new dining room suite. I NEED HELP! And no, I'm not donating it to any of you guys or girls. Suggestions?
    Don't know why my message posted twice. Guess I was too excited.

videoman1- Already got the wing but the dinner sounds good. I guess I could afford to take the honey out for a Big Mac and some fries. Still leaves me with $4,490.00 to get rid of though.
    Funny, I got the same rebate amount! However, since I'm "between jobs" it's earmarked for less exciting things like food and the mortgage. :) I wish I could help you spend all of that, but I only have about $1500 into my mods including the duals, aircharger, tinting, hood cover, spoiler, and wood trim kit. You could sink another $1,500 into prowlerpro gears, or add a couple grand to your rebate and be the first one to install a Paxton supercharger in your M. lol

If you want to see how any of my mods look as your considering it, check about 1/2 way down the page at http://www.ritchiefamily.com/300m.htm

• glennbpglennbp Posts: 327
    It's obvious you're not skilled in the art of spending money! I promise that given a computer hooked up to the internet with a broadband connection, I could easily spend your $5200.00 on M stuff in 10 minutes! LOL My wife, on the other hand, could best both of us! She said she would be happy to give you lessons for a small commission! HAVE FUN!!!
    Not to rain on your parade, I know how much fun it is to get a big refund, but...

Have you considered changing your witholding so you keep that money in your pocket vs. letting the government borrow it from you interest free!

A $5200 refund equates to more than $400/month in your pocket all year long! Use the extra $$ to get rid of outstanding debt, pay off your mortgage 10 years early, or invest it (Roth IRA if you don't have one yet).

Since your employer witholds the money from your pay anyway, why not just set-up automatic payments from your checking account to whatever investment you decide? You've lived without it this long, you won't even miss it...and thanks to compound interest and dividend re-investment, it grows fast!

OK, back to the fun (and no, I'm not selling anything).
  • no1trustno1trust Posts: 151
    If so, how does the M run?
    Hey Mike,

What's your field of expertise (besides modifying your M)? Maybe we can help you land that next perfect job.
  • achanceachance Posts: 106
    Anyone had the experience of the wipers going nuts? Seems to happen mostly when its cold, single digit kinda cold. Can't control the speed, won't park, etc. It gets over it after a while. Of course the dealer can't replicate. Any thoughts?
    fedlaw -
    Thanks for your concern, but my tax situation was very comlex this past year. The company that I owned part of was sold, I got some bonuses (which are taxed at the maximum rate), and I had some strange business expenses because of my 6 months of commuting and working out of my house after the company sale (before I got laid off). I normally get less than $1,000 back with good planning. 2001 wasn't condusive for planning very well.

videoman1- I have quite a diverse background, so I'm not sure how to answer your question exactly. lol! I have a MBA in finance and economics and worked in the corporate finance field for a bit. I spend about 13 or 14 years doing operations and technology consulting for two of the "Big Five" firms. I spent a year as the VP of a web technology company, and then another year as a marketing director at the company that acquired us. I've now held my FAVORITE job for almost three months now....unemployed derelict! lol! I'm thinking, though, of getting my real estate license since I've learned to love making my own hours and I'm pretty good with numbers, property, and people. :) I've also threatened Blonda that I was going to give her a resume to pass on to her company. At least I know if I parked next to her I wouldn't get any door dings. :)))