Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• hope Chrysler doesnt built this one---one ugly design---what are they thinking! http://www.chrysler.com/inside/concept/java.html
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    looks like someone dropped that car on its [non-permissible content removed]. :)

I just got home and got your e-mail. No problem. I'll try to get it out to you before the week is over.

-M
    Did you drive by any graveyards...or junkyards...around halloween time? lol! I bet the speaker is that cheap center one in the dash that serves no logical purpose. I think Av and possibly others have just disconnected it. However, if it's under warranty I'd have them replace it. It might just be a tear in the cone. Also, I have a similar window problem on my wife's grand caravan. It makes an unnecessary amount of noise when I lock or unlock the passenger side door. My guess is that it's just the little motor in there, but I've never bothered to take it in for a fix (since I don't drive the "rolling garbage can", as I call it). ;)

As always, let us know what you find out. :)
    Anyone ever hear back from the guy that had the intermittant starting problem? I'm curious what they found (if it's fixed)
  • jj300mjj300m Posts: 24
    The TSB is 23-019-01 for the moving seat dated 8/10/2001. Repair (installation of a revised pair of screws) is to be made if owner mentions condition. The same power seat adjuster is used on both front seats, so you may want to have them replace the screws on passenger seat also.
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    Well, Nifty knows the Intrepid and the 300M share the same mold, but is not sure if they are the same colors, i.e., if Intrepid charcoal = 300M charcoal.

"YOU COULD ORDER THAT PART # THE ONLY DIFFERENCE MAY BE THE COLOR
    MAY NOT MATCH PERFECT FOR INTREPID AGAINST THE 300M BUT OTHER THAN THAT THEY
    ARE THE SAME MOLD
    YOU COULD ALSO BUY THROUGH SEARS SHOP AT HOME CATALOG
    PHONE # IS 800-500-5088
    THEY WILL HAVE THE 300M #'S I GAVE YOU.

THANKS
    JEN"

Does anyone know if the Intrepid has "Agate" interior like the 300M?
  • I have a small place on the side of the console that needs to be touched up. Can you get paint that will match the console colors ? I think this is a light taupe. Thanks.......
  • Sorry i didn't get back to you right away...I have a 2001 M. I know Borla says 99-00 but it fits the 2001 as well. In fact, my M is in the shop now getting it installed as I write this. I'll let you know how I like it!(duh, that should say....how MUCH I like it)
  • The Feb 2002 issue of Mopar Action, page 71, has a full page ad about "High Performance Computer Upgrades" called the Optimizer II. It lists both the 300M and Intrepid. You send in your computer and they do the upgrade and ship it back by return overnight shipping (included) for $349.00
    What is the upgrade supposed to do?
    Anyone need a stock air filter or stock plugs, just let me know via email at mike@ritchiefamily.com. Each have about 2,000 miles on them. The plugs looked like they have some miles on them, but the air filter is like new. I also have a smoker's package (unused), but I think I'll try to sell that on e-bay.

-M
    Well, I finally went out to carsdirect.com and priced out a 2002 M equivalent to Big Red. The carsdirect price is still about $800 over what I paid for my car. I guess the packages/options are a bit different (e.g. the stereo), and they're not offering the types of incentives that I was able to get in addition to my killer negotiations. heh. I was worried that an equivalent '02 would be a grand cheaper than what I paid. It looks like it prices out "full loaded" about the same.
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    Not in stock, but they are $118.99 for charcoal 300M (set of four mats) -- less than JCW. I'll order one soon, unless someone wants to attempt a group discount/purchase.
  • My installer took the muffler and resonator off leaving only the intermediate pipe and the collector muffler.Welded the two pipes around the gas tank for the duals and put on monza tips for less than 250$.If you are young it sounded great,but I do a lot of highway driving and the droning noise got to me ( plus I'm older) He then added a turbo muffler after the collector muffler and It is a little louder than stock
    and sounds ok.I thought the price was fairly reasonable and didn't cost any more with the extra muffler or work after the initial install
    Later
  • splattsplatt Posts: 328
    Noooooooo!!!!!!!

Don't jump ship! Keep the M!

lol

:-D
    Hey it IS an M...just a M3! lol. You have to admit though...it's nice. :)
  • wencaowencao Posts: 52
    I found there are lots of them on ebay.
    Anybody bought this sub ? How is it ? Do you think it worth the money?
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    sdmike2-

LOL..........it might be an M3, but it's missing the 00! ;-)) Besides, it wouldn't look as good as BigRed in front of your house!

fastdriver
  • valhsvalhs Posts: 63
    Easy, had the same problem with my 2000 LHS. Took it in two weeks ago to repair. The entire assembly must be replaced. Apparently the internal gears were grinding. It truly is a hideous sound and especially embarrassing in crowded parking lots.

Also had to have the seals around the headlights redone as the adhesive had failed. Flickering lights fixed by repairing a wire in the dash that was apparently shorting out and a new headlight button for the dash.

I am now at 38K and praying I don't have to use my extended warranty.