Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    uxca300m-

Congratulations on your "beast"! I had a 99 Candy Apple Red 300M! Love the color. You can Zaino in 40 degrees! I do it all the time in the WINTER here in Connecticut. We aren't as lucky as some here who have pleasant weather ALL YEAR round! ;-)) Just Z it in the sun. No problem. Hope to see some pics soon!

fastdriver
  • Welcome to the Inferno Red 300 club. I have the same colour here in Calgary, mine was built in April this year, with all the bells and whistles, also sandstone interior. Take a look at some of the pictures that folks have posted in regards to adding the real wood trim to the console and other areas. I got mine from Joshua Tree and am quite happy with it. Be aware of the imitation stuff, you have a beautiful car and don't want to cheapen it with some of the fake stuff.I do not name my cars but if I did "Garage Door Victim" comes to mind. LOL. Also I read here bout folks wanting winter mats for their cars. I have purchased from Canadiantire.com, Pant Saver Mats for both front and back and in the beige or sandstone colour for about $25.00 Cdn. and they are great and I strongly recommend them. The way the Cdn dollar is going, you people in the US should be able to get them for about $15.00 plus shipping. These mats come in several different colours, and in the spring I take them out and use the original mats, these mats work really great for you people living in the snow belts.
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    They list mats for the 2000...
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    I've asked Nifty what the EXTREME VINYL MATS are that they spoke of. If they are identical to their Catch-All in shape but made of vinyl, that's exactly what I want.

I doubt the extra height will be troublesone, especially considering the protection my carpeting will get. Even if they get coated with road salt, it's still better than any of my carpeting having the same happen -- just remove and spend time cleaning, instead of screwing around in the car. I'm thinking of getting both the Nifty and Weathertech -- but hoping that the EXTREME VINYL MATS are as described above.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    The magnaflow collector is a replacment that we installed to reduce air restriction in the system. I'm not really sure how much of an airflow improvment it is over stock (didn't really test it), but I'm sure the stock collector was built for sound absorbtion, which usually means air restriction. As for your second question, if it's the support I *think* you're talking about, the exhaust goes under it. The support on that side is higher than the new cutout for the passenger side tips. Finally, I haven't done any kind of warranty work to the car, so I don't know what their reaction would be to the exhaust (other than..."coooOOoool"..which I got when I had them replace my plugs). My guess is that it would only void the exhaust warranty, but I'm not sure.

I love your idea of a special heated facility to sit around and drink while we zaino our cars. I have one here...it's called "my driveway". lol! One of the perks of San Diego I guess. :)
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    Candy Apple Red Metallic rules!!!
  • Well gang here's todays events!

My wife takes our 300M to work today. Half the time she take our '96 and the other half she drives the M. Me, I drive one of our company's trucks.

My wife walks through the door of our house tonight while I am screwing around with the software that came with the CD-RW I just installed Monday night. She looks beautiful and has this big smile on face. She kisses me and tells me that she has "something to tell me and would I please promise not to get mad!" Man, I am not the Taliban! If I get mad I get mad and it's my problem from there! I thought she was going to tell me that she got another door ding. But no, her ASSistant(my wife is the boss) backed into the front passenger side of our M!

The DAMages! Good size dent on the passenger side fender were the metal meets the front fascia by the head lights. This pushed in the front fascia so that the driver side head lights has a twice the gap that it use to. Broken lower turn signal. Looks like $2500 in DAMages.

Her company insurance will be picking up the tap but I wish it never happened!

Now comes MY pain and suffering!
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    Well good to hear your in a nice M and not that other brand.Also glad to see more 300 Canadian owners finding this site. As for the heated area , would be nice EH!. But would never happen, you guys would sneak out on the plant floor and try and get those new HID lights and replace your old ones. ;-0 . Hopefully next summer we will be getting together at the plant for a tour of the M birthplace, and some good Canadian beverage.
  • Hey All remember me

I just wanted to say that my lawsuit is set for 11/30/01 wish me luck
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    Open the trunk and look on the right side behind the pading. Just behind the wheel well, and you will find it.
    I'm now thinking of always on, flashing strobe lights on all corners of my M.
    gotem, and the credit on the 5. On their way ASAP.
    from Ebay, (some of you saw the one I had at the meet) This one is even better (resolution and wider angle) I do have to use a small mirror to reverse the image on my indash screen. I also moved my 6 DVD changer to a different location to make access (sister wanted her Star Wars DVD's back) to it easer. On the headlamps it looks like the projector lamps are too big to both fit in the one 300M's lens area. But may still try to install the turn signals into the headlamp area between the hi and low lamps (simuslar the the Hemi C).
    Sorry to hear about you car. I was glad to see it though before the damage was done to it.
  • Gee that makes for stressed relationships. I hope that the repairs will such that you can't tell it has happened. I know what you mean about the pain and suffering. The hassel of running around, making arrangments, and then the waiting is so frustrating. Also glad I got to see you and the car before the accident.
  • I really like your tips and the information on your web page. I called Ed's shop to ask him what tips he used. The information was relayed to me by someone else and the web site did not work. He would make a complete set for $200 plus shipping, but that is more than I can afford. So I was wondering if he new what tips he used. The shop I have found has Y's and said they'd put the tips on free.
  • I can feel your pain--but in trying times like these you have to ask yourself which is more important---your car or your wife---I mean, you know, your car is your WHEELS man--your wife, well she can be replaced--but your M--ouch---

but in all honesty, just find the best body shop around and I'm sure the car will come out just fine---I've had my share of accidents, and as long as I used a reputable bodyshop, the repairs were better than expected--when I looked for a bargain, I got what I paid for---dont settle for less than the best--

a month from now the pain will be forgotten as you settle back into your bit of heaven--make sure you get yourself a nice rental car of equivalent value--maybe a nice Eldorado will help soothe the nerves--just send the bill to your wife's company---after all, they should do anything to keep the boss happy ;-)
    Ed called them "Lexus" tips, but I've never seen them on a lexus nor could I find where to get them. He's pretty tight lipped about where he gets them. However, he DID tell me that he'll sell the tips alone for $15 each plus shipping. That's $60 for all 4 if you have someone that will provide the Y pipes and the welding. I agree that $100 a set is a bit, but they are staggered to the curve of the bumper and are done very well. Also, if you buy borla or other high end tips you'll pay more than that for the set. Anyway, give Ed a call and see if he'll still sell you the tips. Remind him that he told Mike Ritchie that he would. lol

Oh, by the way, Ed uses the same tips on his custom PT Cruiser...which is the exact same color as Big Red. :) If you DO find a web site that he uses for those let me know! I haven't been able to get it out of him. lol

Good luck!
    I showed that last post to my wife. She now forbids me from socializing with you guys. lol!
  • the weathertech are very heavy ---like 13 pound of rubber----rubber is much better than vinyl--it will lay flat always and will last for many years---just hose it off once in while---lot easier to shampooing salt off the carpet-type mats--I had a similar set in my Mark VIII and trust me it was perfect. That pic you posted is just a competitor looking to sell you another brand--in the winter, I am just more careful not to put my feet anywhere but on the thick rubber mat--weathertech is proven brand with many happy customers who swear by them---unless the club comes up with a rubber logoed mat, I am probably going to buy custom-M-sized weather tech mats. My carpets are agate and the black mats should look fine for the winter. In the spring, I am hoping the club comes up with a logoed mat with the 300M shield sans "Chrysler." Simple logo is better considering it would have a high pile carpet. Those high edged mats you posted just dont look as classy--they do the job, but I like the look of the weathertech.

Easyrider300M