Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Nice comment...really funny!

fastdriver- Interesting news actually. What's weird to me is that if you look at many recent DC cars, Chrysler vehicles seem to be getting more "Germanic" in style, build quality, features, character, etc. And, on the other hand, Mercedes-Benz vehicles seem to be getting a little more "Chrysler-ized" with softer & rounder shapes, more flowing and simpler interiors, etc. It's weird, but am I the only one noticing it?

I think Deiter has a good idea with the quality. Make the cars the best in terms of quality among both domestics and at least equal to many imports (percepted or real). But also, work on the dealers, weeding out more supposed 5*'s, and actually reinventing or at least changing the typical experience a Chrysler buyer has, both before and after the sale. There's some really intelligent and resourceful people working at DC nowadays, and while it may take a while, soon it should really show. Who knows, maybe I'll even start liking their products again...or maybe not?!
    See, that's exactly what I mean about the dealers! Your car may be great, but the whole dealer experience leaves you with a bitter taste. There are many times I wonder what we might still be driving if someone at the one of the dealers had brains enough to fix the seemingly minor issues we had with the M. Sure, there seemed to be a never ending list of crap going wrong with it, but nothing a few techs who knew what they were doing couldn't figure out in a single visit. Or, at least, treat us well.

It was both the car and the incompetent dealers that turned us against the M. The Av is still great (knock on wood!), but I really do hope if there ever is a problem, the dealer knows what they're doing.
    Hmm...16 years old and hope to have a car by this winter/fall. Rather interested in a sporty mid-size sedan. Wonder what would be best...

Ahh, but first, I have to work a little!
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    It looks veeerrrrryyy goooooood. Later I will buy the strut tool and change them out. The ride is kind of weird. it still has the stock ride to a certian extent, until the springs get more compressed. I would say I lost about 1/3 the ride quality, because of the springs. I will see if I can reproduce the dredded vibration with somemore testing tomorrow.
    I also have to decide if I want to remove the front air dam to gain more clearance. What I am thinking of is romoving the fasterers and cutting them about half way to weaken them incase I ever hit something it will just break off without damageing the front end.
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Posts: 1,116
    Youre lookin for a midsize sports sedan...ahh, maybe you should look at a 300M--;-)--used ones can be got for a fair price--we know you really do like the car--its your mother that hated it... or if not the M, I can see you in an SUV....with your taste in vehicles, I think an Aztek would fill the bill...happy hunting!

300Michael--save yourself some aggravation and just cut the damn air dam right off----I did and dont have any problems with cooling or any other noticeable probs---I almost ruined my bumper cover cause of that damned air dam!
  • videoman1videoman1 Posts: 201
    Well, the guy doesn't use Paypal so I'm out.
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Posts: 338
    That guy has his mileage bassackwards...
    That speedo's primary calibration is in MPH so the mileage is 5500mi, not kilometers. He's got about 8850KM on the vehicle.

Not a big difference, but I'm surprised someone who owns a car like that would make such a mistake.
  • splattsplatt Posts: 328
    Kosh - if you look above the mileage you'll see it says KM. So he is correct. However, I really don't see ebay as the forum to sell something like this. If I had the money and interest to purchase something like that I sure as heck wouldn't waste my time browsing the web ;)
  • pjyoungpjyoung Posts: 885
    Mark Cuban (owner of the Dallas Mavericks) bought a Gulfstream jet off of e-bay....several MILLION bucks. In fact, the $165,000 the guy wanted for this car wouldn't even have paid for recarpeting the interior. Must be painful to have that much money.
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Posts: 1,116
    and I was just getting ready to make my bid. Maybe I'll give him a buzz and see if he would take my M in trade! If that aint a cop magnet, I dont know what is. They would pull you over just to check out the car. YOu could either buy a condo or that car. A condo would at least go UP in value.

ER
    I is a real shame to have a car that goes that fast and only drive it at 1/3 it's capable speed.
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Posts: 338
    Yeah, I see that. Didn't notice the kmH at the bottom. 5500KM it is.
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Posts: 365
    I really feel bad because I want to be #1!!!!!!!!! LOL
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    sdmike2-

Nah....there's several TSB's on it
    : LAMBORGHINI
    Model: DIABLO
    Year: 1998
    Service Bulletin Number: 9802
    Bulletin Sequence Number: 440
    Date of Bulletin: 10/98
    NHTSA Item Number: SB604388
    Component: POWER TRAIN:DRIVELINE:DIFFERENTIAL:OTHER PARTS (8/82)
    Summary:

INFORMATION ON REPLACING THE REAR DIFFERENTIAL PINION & CROWN.

fastdriver
    Aparently the thieves are enjoying the 300M's too. This is one case I wouldn't mind being last.

Put and sign on your M that says steal me, and leave the keys in the car. You will soon be No.1. lol
    It is a shame there are slime balls out there that want to steal your cars. Sometimes it is hard to have a cool looking car, because someone else always wants it for free.
    Recieved the clock face today, thanks so very much. It does add a touch of "Class and Sophistication" to the car. Egads, I starting to sound like a MB owner.
    It is with the Alpine stereo. Everything but the radio works. So I have to see what can be done to fix it.
  • and still going strong!
  • mrl859mrl859 Posts: 168
    I know it's a little off subject, but I'm bored. I believe kosh_2258 is correct. Although it does say "km", that seems to be for the inner ring of numbers, in green. The primary calibration appears to be in mph (outer ring) and therefore the odometer should indicate mileage. Also, if this car is an "american" model, the speedo would read mph (it does) and the odometer would match (ditto). You can see that our cars also have dual calibration with the U.S. calibration (primary) on the outer ring. Or...I could be wrong. Confusing, at best.
  • lflowerslflowers Posts: 155
    Does anyone remember the TSB # for replacing the antenna to increase the range for the garage door remote? Thanks in advance.

Lynn Flowers
    McKinney, Texas
  • I agree with mrl859...the predominant speedometer shown is mph, so the odometer would be in the same measurement...
  • videoman1videoman1 Posts: 201
    With a little patience and a steady hand, this mod can be easily done.

http://www.martin-productions.com/300M/engine-letters.jpg

I may also do the upper and lower lines. Haven't decided yet.

• steve276steve276 Posts: 4
    i have a crack in the dashpad alongside the passenger airbag on my 2000. First trip the dealer said this was not warrantable but after a second visit and inspection by the factory rep they have agreed to fix it under warranty. Overall I have been happy with the vehicle.
    300michael-

"Put and sign on your M that says steal me, and leave the keys in the car. You will soon be No.1. lol"

Nah-- won't work. I tried that with my 1980 Olds Toronado DIESEL. Had a bumper sticker that said- Answer my prayers, steal this car. No one else wanted it either! ;-))

fastdriver
    Wonder if this applies to the UPPER echelon too?

http://www.detnews.com/2002/autosinsider/0205/15/b02-489690.htm

fastdriver
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    I don't know the number, but the TSBs for 99 through 02 are linked off my 300m page at http://www.ritchiefamily.com/300m.htm

Mike

• sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    Hey, I said I was a proud M *OWNER*, not buyer. ;)

Mike