Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• lilharryjrlilharryjr Posts: 11
    Before another question thanks again to the board on the swirl Q! (ie mike(of course) silver and wire2)
    This next one has me perplexed/ slightly annoyed, slightly aching in the head and may irk me forever...Today was sunny and I had a mid morning appointment about 50mi away, heading east. The glare was unreal...Same thing on the way home (west bound late afternoon), regardless of where the sun was. From what I "saw" today this must be a somewhat common question...What to do about the sun glare? (I had thought about a dark towel on the dash or something...but looks wise?)

ps is there a way to do a search on previous posts? The search feature seems very poor...
  • blondablonda Posts: 542
    check the www.300mclub.org site, there is a discussion thread re: this. Do you have the camel interior? Seems to be a bigger problem with that color. Also avoid high gloss conditioners/cleaners (i.e. Armora1l) on the dash. I have the agate interior and it's not a problem for me at all.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    Polarized sunglasses!! It'll kill the glare dead.
    Yeah, I've been looking at that site. Lots of information. Thanks!
    Thanks much...again! I'll check the M club site next and buy polarized specs tomorrow (had a great pair for fishing but "don't-do-it-nated" them to Neptune...this will be a good excuse to get some new one's for "driving only", I think I might also have to keep a reel in the new M...
    Blonda: BTW Agate interior...though I've seen the camel and it looks sweet...next M for sure
  • toms99toms99 Posts: 252
    planning your next M already <g> ??

Here's a look at my interior:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tsokol5/interior.htm

One of the things I like about the camel interior is at least it matches the headliner....

My wife has agate in her Concorde, but the damn headliner is biege....

• easyrider300measyrider300m Posts: 1,116
    .................Celtics Rule!................
    ...................93-86......................

Yes!!---series all tied up....This is the year for Boston Sports teams...

and now back to our topic of discussion........
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Posts: 1,116
    dont forget that there is a Chrysler-Dodge day at the Museum of Transportation in Brookline on May 26th--this Sunday---about 40 classic cars ---refreshments on site...$5 admission fee includes entrance to the main museum building as well as the lawn event...

click here for more information about the museum:

http://www.mot.org/index_flash.html

• 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    Check out the www.300Mclub.org web site. There are a lot of us that have modded out our M's. I am in the process of updating my site, and hopefully it shoud be up to date (meaning at least within 3 weeks) of showing what I have done. I just got some 300M suff off of Ebay for the M. Always future mods. Sorry Ajpiii, but I needed that piece.
    Aw..c'mon....Don't keep us in suspense...What stuff you get? What mods ya gonna do...?????
    Well, Maybe it's Boston's year....but don't count out the Nets or the Yankees...

NJ-Tom
  • no1trustno1trust Posts: 151
    Question: when approaching a freeway exit, does the voice prompt tell you something like "approaching exit on the right (or left) in 1 mile, so you don't have to guess which lane to head for? And what kind of distance warnings for your impending turn does it give? 2 miles? 1 mile?
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    Kosh- yup all the fascias ,door handles ,side mouldings and lower cladding are painted by outside manufacture's. So yes it can be off color.

bigmike5 - good to hear ,you will at the cruise and tour. Sorry ,have to pass on the blue. Now if your wanting a good beer , Molson Canadian is the way to go. Because I AM !! (its a Canadian thing)LOL

rstilp- as long as you have a birth certificate or passport , you should have no problems.

Don't forget to stop off at duty free on your way in to Canada and buy cheap beer coming in . When you see 40$ for a 2-4 at our beer stores up here you will be glad you did.
    I got the two fake wood dash pieces, the center radio bezel (mine was destroyed) and the head lamp switch) I am thinking of trying to add guages (If I can not find a pilller pod) in the fake wood strip along with some switches (I love lighted switches). It will allow me to play with colors without messing up my current one. The bezel and will replace my broken one later, and the switch is to see if I can add to it. I also got some H3 bulbs (for the fog lamps) to experiment with.
    If I drive out for the tour will the factory buff out my fine scratches for me? ;)
    How many pieces....large OR small...are sitting in a box in your garage because you have no idea where they went when putting the car back together?
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Posts: 960
    Long ago I got a Dash Mat for about $30 in black from Autozone. They are custom fitted and they had them in two styles. One has a rug like texture and the other was like velvet. I opted for the rug like style and it cuts glare pretty well; but I think I would go with the velvet style if I had it to do over. But, it does fit the dash very well and has some velcro hold downs to place on the plastic area. It is easy out for vacuuming and it slides right back in and on to the velcro holds.
    Actually I have two boxes of parts, but they are the intake parts I took off, head lights for an 300M. LHS, and Concorde, emblems for 300M, 300F, super bee, and a few others. I have an extra mustange hood scoop, plus one for a 70 dart. Not to mention my old springs, and other parts I took off.
    My 300M is missing only one screw for the side kick panel. Not bad for all the stuff I have done. I just keep the parts in order and organized with working on them (mods).
  • silverbullet4silverbullet4 Posts: 449
    Just curious...How do you get the new clock face behind the hands of the clock? Do you set the hands at 12 o'clock and slide a hole in the center over the hands? Very nice personalization. Many of my first time passengers comment on the "nice clock", so that is a good place to add a personal touch.

Silver
  • russklassrussklass Posts: 389
    Welcome to the board!
    If you will e-mail me with your phone # and e-mail addrerss I will keep you informed of the schedule.
    Also, is there a restaurant in the Dearborn area that would take a reservation for 30-50 people on a Sat. nite?
  • muskateer3muskateer3 Posts: 103
    Took my 00 M out for a drive last night. Had the headlight switch in the auto position, headlights on, sunroof open.

About 5 minutes into the trip, the displays for odometer, transmission gear selection, radio, and overhead computer started switching back and forth from dim to bright all on their own.

Thinking this might be caused by the fact that the streetlights were throwing light through the sunroof and confusing the sensor, I closed the sunroof. No help. Switched the headlight switch to ON from Auto. Still no help. Switched back to Auto. Problem disappeared.

Familiar to anyone? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Posts: 365
    Hey Otto! I was on the Bramton site last night playing mini golf (computer) I think your dig about "I AM" may have gone over the heads of the group unless they have seen the commercials. I wonder who owns that trick beaver????. By the way real men drink "Diet Coke" here in the west. LOL.
  • drpixeldrpixel Posts: 256
    Just returned from the hospital for a pre-admission/flight checkup-blood leting and EKG--what fun! am busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest--only a few days to my surgery.
    sdmike2==sorry about the ball-drop on your update site. Maybe I'll see y'all in the chatroom tonight--10:00pm EST/EDT

Doc
  • silverbullet4silverbullet4 Posts: 449
    Yes, this is a phenomenum that has intermittently appeared in several of the poster's M's. (mine included). Usually it is so infrequent that the dealer can not reproduce the problem. I believe I recall that one of our group had the light switch replaced, and a couple had the Body Control Module (BCM) replaced. My 5* ordered a replacement for me last Monday. It came in today, and will be installed tomorrow AM. Mine developed a more annoying set of problems: Headlights sometime don't turn off in "off" position.
    False "door ajar" indication which causes the interior lights to stay on. Annoying at night.
    Doors lock at odd moments, not at 10 mph.

Good luck,
    Silver
  • russklassrussklass Posts: 389
    Someone posted that there were 12 rooms reserved for the Hampton Inn Dearborn for Dream Cruise.
    The hotel has 6 reservations to date.
    Everyone needs to make their own reservations fot Dearborn and Brampton. Mention the "Chrysler 300M Club" to get our special rate.Hotel phone numbers are on the club web site:http://www.300mclub.org/rendezvous3.htm
    I would appreciate an e-mail when you have reserved so I can keep you informed of the weekend schedule. RussKlass@aol.com
  • splattsplatt Posts: 328
    Well, I'll be there in spirit, if not in body. Wish I could attend- it looks great :D
  • Trying to find the pic of hte 300M with teh 69 Mustang scoop installed on it - I know I saw a link to a pic somewhere.. Can anyone help??
  • splattsplatt Posts: 328
    Someone was making them themselves a while back. Selling for about $550 or so. I looked at it, and liked it, but too much $$ for me ;) I forget who built them though...