Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• If your dealer is right, that was one heck of a fast trip by rail from near upstate NY to where you're at. Which reminds me, where ARE you located? I've looked back through your posts but didn't see a home town mentioned.

I took a tour through the dealers lot today just in case, but nothin yet. I'm thinking Thursday at the earliest. I'll check with the dealer tomorrow and see what their status report shows.
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    Yup ,those are some good pics. Yes this is just before decking in the Sanyo .That is the pallet they are sitting on.I wonder who took the pics?.
  • toms99toms99 Posts: 252
    The Basslink install is an easy DIY job, even for a 46 year old guy like me!

Install Instructions: (Courtesy of Racefan)

The stock amp on the upgraded stereo is located inside the trunk on the right hand side behind the carpet, there is one tab holding the carpet.
    using speaker level inputs tap into the wires coming out of the amp:

white/black = - left rear

white/red = + left rear

tan/black = - right rear

tan/red = + right rear

dark green/red = turn on lead

after you hook up the speaker level inputs, connect the ground to a spot under the trunk carpet, and run a power wire to the battery.

You do NOT have to go through the firewall for the power lead. Connect a heavey guage red power wire from the Positive "jumper" cable junction, and run it along the pass. fender inside edge and out by the pass. door hinge area (there is some gray foam piece you have to remove, then replace.) Then just push the wire through the moon-roof drain grommet to the inside pass. leg well area, remove the little trim peice, then snake it to the back under the rocker trim.

Tom
    99LHS
  • toms99toms99 Posts: 252
    I have 36K miles on my 99LHS. The ride has always been a bit "softer" than the PHP-300M, but I just recently bought my wife a new (leftover) 2001 Concorde and driving it I could really feel the difference. It was a pretty firm ride compared to my 3 1/2 year old LHS. It was like I remembered when my LHS was new, but I guess the ride gets softer so slowly over time you really don't notice it until you ride a brandy new car and feel the difference.

My question is: What kind of mileage have you guys been getting out of your suspensions? Any of you replace the struts yet??

Tom
    99LHS
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Just to let you guys know, we will be getting the 300M back tomorrow afternoon. It has been at the body shop since October 24. We stopped in last Monday to see it, and it was "reconstructed" but had no back window, back seat, trunklid, or paint, etc. but did have tailights and a back bumper. Then, yesterday, we happened to be coming back from a doctor's appointment and while we were stopped at the light in front of the shop, we watched the garage door open and saw a dark-colored car with blue tape and paper on it. Someone moved the car sitting outside in front of the door and guess what pulled out? Our 300M came out covered in paper and tape in different areas and then it reversed and the door closed. We went in and they said it was just being painted but everything else was done. Today they were going to let the paint cure a little more and clean the car up. We should have it by tomorrow afternoon. I wonder what it'll be like now...??

Gotta go!!!
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    beach15-

At least that nightmare is over! I have NEVER heard of such a crazy insurance story! I hate insurance companies with a passion, because I don't like their tactics, but you have to be protected so you don't have much choice. You should never have been treated that way!

fastdriver
  • I saw my new Special tonight. I'm paying for it tomorrow. She was dirty from the trip but she'll be cleaned and ready when I pick her up tomorrow night. I emailed Ottowrkr already with the news.

Kosh, you are gonna LOVE your car! The dealer here in Toms River, NJ stood and gawked at it along with me. The headlights are cool. The Tires and wheels are the thing you notice first. They are big.

We started her up and she purrs like a Tiger from the dual exhaust. Not as loud as I thought but much louder than the Stock 300M. Inside the interior is just like the brochure. Beautiful. I didn't try the stereo yet but the 300+ watts should sound freaking fantastic!
  • Ah NJ, that explains why you got it so quickly, not very far to travel. Mine will be a few days out yet, but it is making good progress. Otto informed me that it had reached MI last Friday morning so it should be getting close at this point.

Now I KNOW I have to give the dealer a call today and see where it's at. After your report I'm really anxious to see it.

I expect an initial drive impressions report from you sometime before the weekend, IF you can pull yourself away from it long enough to do that! ;) Enjoy it Arby!
  • changed her oil and used royal purple.. can ya believe it? purple oil!!!!!!!!! LOL

anyone tried this ?
  • hi everyone,
    i have friends who use it in motorcycle racing applications and they swear by it! to last in an engine that turns 15,000+ rpms and holdup,it has to be good.
  • drpixeldrpixel Posts: 256
    in Noo Yawk! Congrats, Arby from a fellow Jerseyite, drpixel (Glenn in Union, NJ..) on the imminent delivery of your Special!
    ATTENTION, Sandra D. from PA and Daron A. from CA: the package is in the mail...I repeat the package is in the mail...( toms99: thanks for the cool animated card with greetings from your whole family!
    sleepymw: looked for your website, but could not find it--thought I saw a link somewhere in theses postings, but....have you submitted a 'mugshot' for our rogues Gallery on OUR club web site?
    ASIDE to Rick S. regarding Mugshots...: I know there seems to be a link to a page 2, but time--and responsibilities--AND Chrsitmas shopping wait for for no man. If mugshots are supplied, I will build the page...
    dubson300m...: whereever you are....your clingy will be going out in da mail tomorrow morning. Look for a disk mailer (don't want you to get a bent clingy...) in the next couple of days...
    General..my schweetie has received the news that she will be undergoing rotator cuff surgery on January 15th. To say the least, she's a tad on the freaked out side. She goes for physical therapy for her recently operated on knee, and others there who have had rotator cuff surgery have been telling her horror stories: one guy has to have his wife help dres him in the morning; another has trouble, ummm...cleansing himself after a visit to the porcelain collection, etc., etc.
    I myself have FINALLY gotten approval from the Workman's Compensation Board for surgery on MY left knee. Only took them 1 1/2 years due to an 'oversight' on the part of the insurance company's rep to supply MY lawyer with ONE document that determined a 'causal relationship' regarding the knee injury. And I thought the new year was going to start better than last.....
    Will be off and outta da Fed from Friday on....emails sent to my work email address will go UN-READ until I return in 2002, so....

thas all 4 now, my fellow M-nuts......
    L8R,
    Doc
  • splattsplatt Posts: 328
    Thanks!! I have a fob from a 98 concorde and it's exactly the same. Forgot to turn it in with the trade - oops ;) Figure, it can't hurt to program it.
  • yeah, i sent in a pix for the mugshot to roger... he must not think it's appropriate LOL....

i'll send one to you for you to add in there... :)

uhm... can i have a package too? :P
  • I lived in Union for 10 years before we bought a house in Springfield. I still own the house but have moved down to the Jersey Shore 4 years ago. I commute to my job in Brooklyn 5 days a week. My Corolla is my daily driver for that trip.

I just talked to the dealer. My "Special" is getting prepped as we speak. Tonight I sign the papers and she comes home. "Extremely" happy does not do justice to the way I feel right now.
  • on the 300m club board someone posted on the new computer update chip for the transmission, for those of us who have been living with this shift annoyance...

i called the service dpt, and they told me that there's no TSB for "My" car and therefore, there's no computer chip for it...

what do i have to do to get these ppl to upgrade the chip so that the downshift is smoother? oh, and that torque converter problem at 45-50 .. remember the grumbling? is still there.. is this something we'll have to live with for the duration of our live with our babies?
  • the website i have had up was www.sleepy.net/300m

should still work
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    I thought the fix was an update of the software, not a new "chip" for it. I didn't have it done, but someone in here posted that it took care of the "bump shifting" that many of us experience.

Hey, today is my last day at work. I guess I'll finally have time to take Big Red in to get her moving seat and discolored pillars fixed.
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Posts: 960
    Just got an e-mail from Wyckoff Chrysler parts on line and they are having a big sale on Borla exhaust products. They had a dual system for those who are interested at a substantial reduction off list price. For those considering the move.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    Not sure if that's cool. It's a members only product.
  • arby-congratulations, sir. You are the first poster to take delivery of a very zoot ride. You may provide us with a new appreciation of the term "peer envy". LOL! Enjoy and send pics, please.

Purple oil-I had a '71 Datsun 240-Z when I lived in Honolulu. Arco had a test marketing campaign for a motor oil with carbon suspended in it. The concept was that the carbon would embed itself in the microscopic pits and cracks in cylinder walls and cut friction in the entire engine. It seemed to work fine, but after returning to regular motor oil, the residual carbon always made the oil look very dirty. I miss that car, my original Silver Bullet.

Silver Bullet