Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• glennbpglennbp Posts: 327
    Has anyone installed Intrax or other aftermarket springs to lower their 300M? I would like to do this but I have heard that there is pretty bad vibration on hard acceleration as well as camber adjustment problems after lowering the 300M. I am running 18" wheels with 235/50x18 Michelin Pilot Sports tires.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    Based on what I've seen of the prototypes in person, that drawing looks nothing like the 300N and special planned for production in '04. It looks much more like the Dodge Super8 prototype/concept car.
  • uxca300muxca300m Posts: 155
    Congratulations on your new arrivals. I know how you feel as my "Beast" is only one month old.
    These cars are just a joy to drive. As for running out of the house just to take a look at every half hour or so; I sure this will wear off. I'vd has mine since Nov. 8 and am still doing it. My wife thought I had a bottle stashed in the garage until she caught me outside just staring at the "M"
    Can't wait till I can get some of that Zaino on it but it's going to wait at least another three months until the tulips come up again. I took a look at Arby's pictures on Yahoo. Cool!!!
    Kosh, time for you to get pictures posted.One thing I found funny is that the special only comes in three colours while the standard "M" has about 10 colour options.I guess that this has something to do with the lower cladding on the special. Guys, enjoy your Christmas and your "M"s)
  • hmk123hmk123 Posts: 122
    I thought the Dodge Super 8 Hemi looks like this:

"http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b011001.htm"

So now I am of course wondering what you saw. The drawings from the link from the earlier post did show up in the reputable German car magazine "auto, motor und sport" and they claimed this to be a drawing of a 300N. But then I have no idea where those drawings really come from and they might very well be false.

• 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    I have the springs (intrax), but have not mounted them yet. Most of the probems I have heard of is on the Standard suspension (which I have) and not the PHP. I plan to change the struts to the PHP one in hopes this corrects the problems.
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    Where is the Yahoo site for the pictures? Addresses please!
  • If you try to get to the Yahoo site from the link on the 300m Enthusiast's club site you may not see the left menu frame.

Try this link: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/chrysler300mownersassocation

You should see a menu to the left with a "Photos" link.

Make sure you log in first.

Hope this helps.

The 300N prototypes that I saw were similar in style to that car (super8). It had a grill on front similar in size (giant) to the dodge but more like what you see on the Chronos. The sides were similar (3/4 height retro windows) but without the stupid looking greenish accents. It had giant wheels...19s or 20s...with nice 7 spoke chrome rims. The "special" version, which had a 300N badge on it, had the V8 Hemi 5.7 under the hood. The one just labeled "300" came stock with a 2.7, with the 3.5 optional. My guess is that the one labeled "300" was the N, and the other was a "special" of some sort. The rear of the car looked very much like the current M, and the interior was very very retro and different. Not luxury at all. At some point I'll write the whole thing up again.
  • with envy!!!!! the new special... LOL

congrats on the new car, arby...

rest of ya, happy holi's....

stay safe!
    Hey, you ever get those Mastercrafts replaced?
  • 300mmm300mmm Posts: 27
    I should be taking delivery of my M in mid-January (not exactly sunroof weather in New England). Any suggestions on the best way to protect it from Winter's worst? Front end cover? Do they do more harm than good?

Also, what's the word on waxing or polishing? How long should you wait?
  • my friend said to drive it for one week and if it still is rough then we can talk about changing it.
  • Well as fate would have it, the rain here turned to snow while I was at the dealer taking delivery.

It was a white knuckler getting my baby home to a safe dry garage. BELIEVE the warning label about the tires, Arby. The Pilots provide ZERO traction on snow and ice. I immediately placed an order with the Tire Rack for a set of winter wheels and tires (Michelin Pilot Alpins on stock LH steel wheels). She's staying parked until they get here, to dangerous driving it otherwise. :b NUTS!

I'm also ordering a hood cover to protect the hood from chips and junk. Once the paint has had a few months to cure I'm going to apply Invicta shield to the front end to protect the finish from road shrapnel, headlights and all. I'm also going to buy some of it in bulk and apply it to the cladding behind the wheels to protect from stuff tossed up by the tires. It doesn't look like DC is going to provide molded splash guards for the car, just their flat $12 ones are shown on the website.

300mmm: My experience with the full nose cover on my Intrepid was that they do put fine scratches in the finish towards the back edge. The scratches polish out easily by hand but...
    As you saw above I will invest in a hood cover but that's it. The 3M clear protector material is a much better alternative in my mind.

I'll try and get some pictures posted soon. I have to borrow a digital camera from work. (Yeah, I'm still livin in the past with a 35mm camera).
  • Your friend is hoping you get used to the noise and roughness. Its not going to change in a week. See if he can get the Yokohama Avids T-rated made in the stock size for our M's. They sell at tirerack for $88 a piece. If you want to spend a little more go for the Dunlop SportA60--sell for about $122 ea at tirerack. This is rated as a very quiet great handling all season tire. Of course, at tirerack you have to add shipping.

And to all---Happy Quanza!
  • You will be pleased with the Arctic Alpin winter tires. I had 2 Buffalo winters on a set, and they performed very well.
    Good luck with your Special!
  • hi,

I have a 2002 sebring and i found a really cool hood protection.

check out magnetbra.com

It really looks great, like someone painted a black vinyl stripe across my hood.

he also sells them on ebay usually for about $25.

I have no affiliation whatsoever.

happy holidays to all newsgroupies.

ed
  • psterpster Posts: 293
    If anyone knows what may be causing the driver's window on my 1999 300M to make a fairly loud creaking sound, I sure would appreciate any advice. As I raise the window, it makes a creaking noise as it "seats" itself. I have cleaned teh glass thoroughly as well as the rubber seals the window seats into. I had the window repaired about 2 years ago as it was making some noises, but very different from this sound. Window seems to be working fine, but the noise is becoming annoying.
  • Thanks for confirming my choice of tires! I've heard what Buffalo winters are like (way deeper snow than MN) so if you're satisfied then I made the right choice.

Arby, I saw your pictures! Our cars are twins, man. So for all you folks out there, seeing his Special is seeing mine. The sun is now out so hopefully I'll get a chance to snap a few pics of mine as well and post them. It's just that the background on mine will be much whiter than Arby's.
  • My window was doing that ealier in the year. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the window regulator needing adjustment. They adjusted it and replaced all the window motors, since I was also complaining about the seals sticking to the glass. Some people here have had the regulator replaced for this noise. After several months my window is still quiet.
    As the seals dry out the windows will squeak more and more as they slide into them. Often, because of the friction and resistance, you might also get a creaking noise from in the window gears (not good). The usual fix by a dealer is to apply a lubricant to the seals that the windows slide into, thus reducing the friction and the problem. I'm not sure exactly what stuff they use or where to get it, but you might check the local auto parts store.