Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• kosh_2258kosh_2258 Posts: 338
    No, unfortunately PIAA doesn't make bulbs to fit the 300. The 9005 and 9006 WILL fit earlier Intrepids with a little fiddling. But the 300M housing is totally different.

What sucks even more is that Sylvania, which makes the headlight housings AND bulbs, doesn't even offer their high performance near HID bulbs in XS variants. What's up with that?
  • Hi all,
    I have been away for a long time enjoying my 1999 slate 300M. Now I have a problem that some of you may have come across. This morning I got in and cranked her up and the check engine light stayed on. I got on the road and the transmission kept shifting up and down and finally, after stopping and starting and such, it got stuck in 2nd.

If you have heard of this one before, can you tell me what was wrong?

Tim
  • lflowerslflowers Posts: 155
    That's the dreaded "limp home" mode. I haven't had the problem myself, but it's been reported on this forum a number of times. It's a simple fix, just replace one of 2 speed sensors as I understand it. Drive (or have it towed) to your nearest 5*. I'm sure they've seen it before and will know what to do!

Lynn Flowers
    McKinney, Texas
  • pjyoungpjyoung Posts: 885
    I believe it's a speed sensor. It's in it's "limp home" mode (stays in second). Hasn't happened to mine, but I've read about it here. I don't know what it would cost if it's out of warranty.
  • tictac3tictac3 Posts: 78
    Finally got around to having the Basslink installed to the tune of $125 – includes 4guage power wire and in-line fuse. Did not seem too expensive. Installer will retune after a 2-3 week break-in period. Sounds great even with settings at their détente positions (during break in)! Mounted passenger side near taillight. One question to those of you who have installed Baslinks (or another type of sub) in the trunk. Will I get better (improved) bass response from the unit if I drill a number of small (say 1/4 inch) vent holes in the rear deck to allow for air movement? Or, cutting a 6 to 8 inch hole in the rear deck, covering it with a thin fabric and putting a grill over it. Your thoughts please.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    Mine is mounted behind the rear passenger seat, facing backwards with the passive radiator facing towards the back of the seat. I DO notice a small difference in bass level when I fold the seat down, but not enough to warrant the effort of doing what you describe. I can make up the difference by just turning up the Basslink. Try it for yourself. Fold down one or both rear seats and see what you think. Subtract about 50% of the change because you'd still have the padded leather seats in the way even if you drilled the holes. I'd like to see pictures of where you mounted it. When I messed around in the wheel well area I found that I couldn't mount it in there without blocking access to the spare tire cover/well.
    They're heeeeeerrrre. Today I took delivery of the first batch of club sweatshirts plus some back stock of club polo shirts. Roger should send out information on them once he gets back from his vacation in a couple of weeks. Anyone want to be teased with pictures?
  • Tictac-A couple of us have mounted ours right up against the passenger side of the trunk, angled slightly to the rear (controls accessable). This allows maximum trunk space and loading convenience. The unit is far enough forward that the cargo net can still be used, and by omitting one mounting bolt the spare cover can still be removed by sliding it to the left and out. As a bonus, the sound seems fine. You do not have to do any alterations to the seats to get plenty of bass. Just fiddle with the controls. I usually have the tone control on the head unit turned down to allow the BassLink to mask the stock speakers' less than optimum response. I may have a dip in the mid-bass frequency response but the sound pleases me, and in the end, that's all that counts. Be aware that the unit will stay powered on for a number of minutes after the car is turned off (at least using the speaker level inputs)-this is normal. Let us know if you have a really good tune to recommend. Enjoy!

Silver
  • Tease us!

any plans on high quality plush color matched logo mats--Spring will be here soon and my factory mats are shot--Im using heavy rubber mats for the winter but want the quality look of carpeted mats in the spring--I think, if done right, there would be a big demand for logo mats for club members.
  • my favorite for a nice test of bass and general audio is Hotel California. Or a nice classic blues number with some guitar riffs.
  • sj75sj75 Posts: 3
    Hi all,
    Bought my 300M, deep slate ext., with all the gizmos inside in Jun 2000. Haven't had too many problems other than windows creaking upon closing, replacement of the front passenger butt heater switch and a left suspension arm controller which happend just today. The main thing that bothers me is the window creaking. Have been to 3 5* dealers till now and no resolution. Has anyone managed to resolve it? If so, please let me know.
  • hayneldanhayneldan Posts: 657
    Beach15 & Mikeyjohn, a great squeek and rattle detector is a 2 to 3 foot length of clear plastic tubing. Buy one with a hole large enough for a small plastic funnel to fit in. Put one end near your ear and move either the funnel end or the tube end around the area you suspect the noise is coming from. The funnel end will locate the area, reversing the hose and using the funnel on your ear will get the noisy area down to about one inch. Don't do this while driving, have someone else drive! LOL!
    Here are three pictures. You can't tell from the pic but the sweatshirts are nice and heavy. They're 80% cotton and 20% poly, and we'll have them in M, L, XL and XXL. The colors are grey (heather) and navy (although it looks black in the pictures).

Sweatshirts

Closeup of blue crest

Closeup of grey crest

As for the mats, I think Roger is working on that one and is having some success. Our clothing provider can't handle anything like that (however, they suggested we start thinking about club T-shirts for when it gets warmer.)

Mike
  • ajpiiiajpiii Posts: 260
    Well I finally recieved the kit from H&R to raise the motor and transmission 1/4". If anyone wants to see what the kit looks like I put some pics on my cardomain page at: http://www.cardomain.com/id/ajpiii

The pics are on page 2. Hope these spacers work !

• uxca300muxca300m Posts: 155
    I don't know what the problem is with the warranty issue. The better remote starters are designed to shut off after about 15 minutes of operation so that should negate any problems with C.M. build up. I also wonder if the M can be re-wired so that the seat heaters would also come on with the remote. On mine, when the ignition is off the warmers return to the default position of off and I have to manually reset to on by hand when starting up the car. Sure would be nice to have those butt warmers tuned to max. when I get into it.
    P.S. Bet you guys in the southern U.S. didn't even know that the seats were heated:-)
  • denvermdenverm Posts: 356
    My driver's window developed a loud creak at the end of its travel (closing). The dealer tried adjusting it a couple of times, with only temporary or no success. It then started also creaking while moving about halfway up. Dealer finally replaced the regulator, and that has cured it completely.
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    On the basslink will it fit inside the spare rim if turned up-side down? I have the full size spare and am looking for something that will fit in there so I don't loose anymore trunk space.
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    but I saw the numbers change from 6, to 11, back to 6 when filling out the club meet sheet you sent us. I hope it is 11.
  • I think I need a new power seat assembly. I replaced the bolts per the TSB and there is less movement but it still feels loose. My power window also groans in the full up position (this is my second). Also, I just had my tires rotated and the vibration (between 35 & 55) is back (went away after the front tires were rotated to the rear @ 7500 miles). I had the wheels balanced (Hunter GPS 9700) and they are better but there is still a slight vibration at low speed when turning the wheel slightly. I'm thinking of dumping the Goodyears (21K miles) and going for the Michelin tires offered on the 2002 but I fear that the wheels might be the problem. Any thoughts anyone? Also my sunroof appears to be sagging in the rear when in the closed position and I also hear what sounds like the cable buzzing when going over bumps in the headliner. I still love the 300M but the dealer support sucks in my area. A local Dodge dealer has offered to help and I might go with them.
    Basslink - I can measure the basslink if you want, but I'm not sure how you would mount it in the spare tire well. It has mounting brackets that will allow mounting it on end and flat.

SoCal Event - I invited 49 people and only 9 have responded to date. Of these responses, 6 were "yes" with a total of 11 attendees, 2 were undecided (4 people), and one was a "no" (more like a "i'd like to but I'm moving")