Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• ajpiiiajpiii Posts: 260
    Well guys I went to the autoshow last night and fell in love... They had the Hemi C... Cant wait to buy one ! I took some pics if anyone wants to check it out...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ajpiii page 3

I have these pics in 1536x1024 resolution if anyone wants them... Cardomain kills the resolution...

• fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    beach15-

NICE plate. That's even better looking than our Long Island Sound plate! Very tasteful.

fastdriver
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    ajpiii-

Thanks for the pics! There's NO question that it's a BEAUTY! Imagine that in Inferno Red! WOW!! They will have a REAL winner if they get it right this time!

fastdriver
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    Have you thought of dyeing the remainder of the label to match your visor? A craft or cloth store should carry a color to match your visor.
    Parked in my driveway would look great in any color:)
    Rogor, you should see about getting us all a Club discount on the Hemi C's when they come out, OK?
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    I don't talk with that neighbor much so I'm not sure how things are going. You'd be disappointed, her car is always filthy. :(
    Can I put a link to that wallpaper on my 300m page? If so, do you plan on keeping it there or should I put it on my own servers?
  • I did not sleep much last night! Pondering the Air Bag Sticker problem. This morning I read your post about the PT Crusier visor plagues (they do look classy) and I believe covering them up is probably the best solution.

A silver plaque with the Chrysler logo and wing or the "300M" logo (black on silver) would look great. I will do some searching on the internet today too, I am sure most graphics companies would custom make these - for a price!
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    I'm sure I could use the Aircharger's 3" tube with Franken-Intake, although I don't think the few transitions between 3" i.d. nitrile tube and almost 3" i.d. aluminum tube makes any noticeable difference (the aluminum tubes I now use are very thin-walled), and I have other things to spend $230 on.

http://public.fotki.com/Scotian/300m/air_intake/plumbing_plenum_tb_bend/ns-40.html

The oily residue that exits the engine breather tube must go directly into the engine. On the stock setup, and on my current setup, the oil collects in the bottom of the plenum. In my setup, there is only a small hole for engine gasses to enter the airstream, on the stock plenum, these gasses intermix a lot.

http://public.fotki.com/Scotian/300m/air_intake/plumbing_plenum_tb_bend/ns-7.html

http://public.fotki.com/Scotian/300m/air_intake/plumbing_3_5_elbow/ns-15.html

I still feel that it is essential to get as much cold air into the engine as possible, especially in summer, and the Aircharger's partition is far from airtight, but definitely worth getting for those with a stock system.

• Your Air bag stickers overlays look good. The factory installed "Canadian" Air bag stickers must be larger than the "American" ones as I think the sticker you have used would not be big enough to cover mine. Maybe ottowrkr can comment on this.

I borrowed your truetype '300m' font in case I have to get some custom made.

I do like your choice in radar detectors the Bel 980 is a fantastic unit. I have a Bel 936 and it is mounted using the windshield bracket immediately to the right of the rear view mirror. I have the powercord running into the overhead console. Only approx 1 inch of power cord is visable and you can hardly even see the detector from the outside as it blends into the sun strip at the top of the windshield.
    I may use a little insulating foam to fill the gap between the aircharge tube and the heat shield. It's not big (average under 1/2 inch) but since it's now sucking through both the wheel well vents AND the stock intake hole the system can draw plenty of air without resorting to sucking warm air from the engine bay. I did some measurements and it appears that the hood provides a good seal at the top of the unit, thus completing the airbox.
  • denvermdenverm Posts: 356
    The visor air bag stickers on my '00 U.S. M are 2.5 inches X 5 inches.
  • denvermdenverm Posts: 356
    Seems to me like it would be pretty hard to measure to confirm the seal between hood and airbox. Here's an idea: run a bead of toothpaste along the top rubber of the airbox, close hood, then open and inspect hood for toothpaste. Your son would probably get a kick out of doing this for you! Both of my kids fractured a forearm when young - around kindergarten age. Seems to be pretty common, and both healed quickly with no problems.
  • glennbpglennbp Posts: 327
    Has anyone removed the 300M badge off their trunk? Is there a screw or post holding it on? I don't want to rip it off and find a hole in my trunk!
    SDMike-Sorry to hear about the broken wing. The good news is it will be a badge of honor very shortly!
  • To sdmike :
    You can put a link from your website to my background, but I would suggest just adding the picture to your server instead. Who knows how long I'll leave it up there. Maybe forever but then again, maybe only a few months. I don't want you to miss out on it.

To everyone:
    Does anyone know where in western Pennsylvania (near Pittsburgh) I can get the dual exhaust added to my M? Do normal shops like Midas do these types of things or do I have to find a custom place? Anyone here near Pittsburgh that can make a shop recommendation? Thanks
    I know that Roger (Rogor) had a Midas shop install his. He bought the mufflers, tips and mandrel bent tubing and took it in to them in a box. You might want ask him about it.
    A Midas shop did mine too. I gave them the parts and they welded it together for me.
    OK, which one of you is trying to get rid of their filter on E-bay???? It seems every time a new system comes out, there is a rash of sell offs.