Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• Mikeyjohn - That was me wondering about the headlight film. Does 3M carry it? Thanks for any info.
  • How about some polished billet aluminum door sills with the chrysler logo......now that would be nice! I am looking for a source.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    One of the Yahoo users has a totally chromed out trunk, and personally I think it looks like crap. But opinions are like ... uh... noses.. ;)
  • I asked this once before but got no response--so I'll try again---has anyone had the dealer replace the sticky weatherstrip for the window sticking problem---is there a tsb for this---mine still tend to stick in warmer weather even after 2 years and silicone etc
  • uxca300M is the one looking at the 3M stuff, I was just asking the question whether it was possible to make our own thus saving lots. Keep watching this site for uxca to get back to us, he deals with a 3M rep here in Canada, and hopfully we can work something out.
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    Copy/paste URL into new window:

http://i4.yimg.com/4/d1f356d0/g/0/2f915aa9.jpg

Found on one of the Yahoo groups.
  • Received my black on silver visor plaques today in the mail from PT Warehouse. They look very classy and I can't wait to install them tomorrow to cover up those annoying air bag stickers.

They are quite flexible, which is probably a good thing. No complaints, the best $16 US I have spent in a while. Hmmm...Well just one small complaint, they charged me an extra $3 for overseas shipping and handling to Canada! Must have missed that new OCEAN they built!

Thanks uxca300m (Mike) for finding and communicating with the supplier. I owe you a Bud....err a Canadian I mean :)
  • I'd rate that right up there with putting a fake convertible top on a car (especially something like a Concorde - don't laugh, I saw one once and it was sobering, not to mention bloody ugly).

I did think that monitor adapter was a nice idea, but what the heck is that wire(?) arrangement hanging off the head rest for???
  • What's wrong with them? Which ones are they?? I had some MXV4 Plus installed and had the car alligned and I now get a slight drift to the left.. Going back to the dealer to get the allignment re-checked.
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    I like chrome on a car if done right. The Vmaxx is not too bad. The Yahoo photo is terrable. The fender chrome looks totally out of place. I would like to have a Sebring Convertable rear trunk chrome assembly (the one that surrounds the Plate) because it looks like the Hemi C rear trunk. Remember the chrome door trim on the front grill.
    The wire is a coat rack, to put your suit on. Actually is is a good design, although could be impractical if you have rear passengers.
    They have some neat stuff. I like the idea of the wood trim made for different types of radios. The center monitor is nice but I think it could have been excuted better. I wish I didn't have to move to AZ after starting a German language class, it sure would have come in handy.
    I don't know
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    That's an instant ugly mod!
  • Thanks for the link.
    The Spanish response was pretty mild. I guess after a couple of hundred years of occupation by the Moors, a brief landing seemed small potatoes.

Silver
  • lflowerslflowers Posts: 155
    My son is about to order his next car. Have any of ya'll ever heard of a Caterham Super Seven?

That's what he's about to oder. In my opinion, it would be a fun car to keep in the garage for a toy to drive on pretty weekend days, but he plans on it being his daily driver. Oh well, 30 years ago it was my dream car too, so I guess I can't say much about it. At 40 years old, I guess he's old enough to decide things like that for himself. I do have to agree that 0-60 in 5.8 seconds would be fun! Here's a link to the Caterham website:

http://www.uscaterham.com/home.html

Lynn Flowers

McKinney, Texas

• nc300mnc300m Posts: 24
    What do you guys think of a one piece oval tip, much like the one on the GTP Grand Prix. I think this would fill the large 8" x 3.5" cut out nicely. I think they are 6" X 3".

Do larger tips produce a deeper sound?

I will have to order them they are Ractive #T820 or #T815.
  • glennbpglennbp Posts: 327
    It's interesting that the Startech modified M at the SD Autoshow had large oval squarish tips. (1 per side). Each was separated by a thin vertical metal piece primarily for looks, but I suppose also for a little support against accidental "crushing". I did like the looks of them and will consider getting some when my present tips wear out. As far as sound, there may be a little difference with different tips, but it's really the muffler/resonator/pipe combo that changes the sound, so I wouldn't worry about that. Go with what looks best to you.