Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• blondablonda Posts: 542
    Question for those who have installed the Joshua Tree wood kit for the 99-00 with the factory match. They claim all their edges are beveled, not straight cut. But the window control pieces on the one I received are all straight cut. So no rounding or smothing of the edges...exactly what they describe their pieces DON'T look like. All the other pieces are okay. Before I call for replacements, are your window control pieces like this?
  • glennbpglennbp Posts: 327
    Mike, no, the trim panel poppped right off with the carbon fiber trim attached.Then there's an OEM adator to fit the radio. When it's all done, it looks just like it came from the factory (with carbon fiber of course!)

cbwongus - it depends on how long the stuff has been there. If it's been a while you have a chore ahead of you. Heat and lots of patience is the only way to go and even then you will still have some glue remaining. If it's on the factory wood, the cleanup isn't so bad. But if it's on the vinyl, it's almost impossible to get it off cleanly. Some folks have taken theirs off, but replaced it with something else. Yop may wind up doing the same thing if all else fails.
  • mrl859mrl859 Posts: 168
    10:45 Sat is good. I'll meet you at Starbucks. In reference to your dealership experience, yes they are on commission. The right thing to do would have been for the next available advisor to write it up, take care of the customer, and turn the ticket over to the original advisor (usually you want a "recheck" to go back to the original writer/technician for continuity). Unfortunately, the rest of the customers were probably viewed as potential money makers and you weren't. It's not right, but that's the way it usually works. Obviously the service manager allows it to continue. Maybe try Poway, as I know their service department people and I don't think it would happen there.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    Thanks for the info. I had no idea that they work on commissions. Maybe that's why my service writer was such an...ahem...unhappy person this morning. I guess a "re-do" doesn't fill the coffers like a new service ticket does. I think I'll go to Poway from now on. It's closer and the glow from some of my previous good experiences with John Hine is waning quickly.

See you Saturday!

M
    Mine is beveled as advertised.
    Ok...how strange can a day get? First I pick up embroidered club hats (will have them for sale at the meet) and the awards and they're PERFECT for the first time (good strange). Then I get a letter from unisys confirming all kinds of retirement information...problem is...I never worked for unisys. I called them and they're really confused as to why my address got associated with one of their employees with the same last name, but not first (odd strange). While I was on the phone with unisys I got a return phone call from the service writer who told me that the transmission pump failed again and that they'd need to keep the van for another day. With a mildly frustrated tone in my voice I asked if I could call her back because I was on the other line. Five minutes later she called again and said, in essence, JUST KIDDING! She says that her tech was "messing with her" and that the car is done and can be picked up before 6pm (strange strange strange). I have no idea if the damned thing is fixed or not. I guess if it keeps leaking once I get it home the answer is no. Sheesh.

M
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    sdmike2-

AND.... it's not even Friday the 13th! ;-))

fastdriver
  • dkrhardydkrhardy Posts: 134
    I had asked my supplier the same question about removing dash trim pieces and his answer was .... DON'T! If there is some reason that you really need to remove one/some proceed with great caution. He says that 3M is there for life and many people have had chunks of dash material come off still stuck to the 3M tape. Sooooo having said that, be careful and if you have to do it I also would suggest heat be carefully applied. Good luck.
    no kidding! That's the first thing I checked. I wonder if there's a full moon tonight. ;)
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    sdmike2-

NOPE! I would have known if there was! ;-))

fastdriver
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    I have the "Storage Compartment Cobby Box" with the mat, you are asking about. The Part #4698659. I left an Email for you.
    the hardesst part is making sure you do not bend the pieces too much (Cracking the wood). Using an hair dryer really helped Med or low heat setting. They came off fairly easly. You will need new tape (3M) to reapply them though afterwards. No damage to any of the interior trim.
    I wish the meet was closer I could bring a lot of 300M parts to show, for example the 2002 breakaway mirror, turn/marker light, European side marker lights, window regulators, stock intake system, K/N filter (stock version), throttle body, Headlamps and bulbs, the stock intake system, and a lot more. Come to think of it if the meet was at a nudist camp I could bring it all (no need to pack clothes) LOL The way my family talks I have more parts the the parts department.
    lol! kind of like a show and tell! I could bring my stock intake system with me, and if someone can figure out how to get the engine heater off it's theirs!
    hahahah! That's awesome. I just installed three new sinks in my house, so maybe I've just found my new career.
  • videoman1videoman1 Posts: 201
    Hey Mike, have you ever worried about getting the air filter wet from the vents in the wheelwell? Could this pose a problem?
    The general consensus is that the small amount of water that might spray through that vent wouldn't be a problem. It might cause the car to run a little rough if it ingests a significant amount of H2O along with the fuel and air (it will change the flash point of the mixture), but to get hydrolock I would likely have to drive it into a lake. If it's something you're concerned about you could always make a small deflector out of aluminum to sit between the vent and the filter. I don't get enough rain down here to worry about it. In fact, the other day when I was driving in the pouring rain with standing water on the road my car didn't miss a beat.

Now that guy selling the plumbing intake might have though water was a bigger issue! lol
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Posts: 338
    Yeah, it does seem to defy logic yet the exhaust does have a nice burble to it at idle and a good sound under throttle.

They've gone to a lot of effort to tune it because there is no interior noise from the collector and no resonance noise at any speed I've driven at so far. You hear the exhaust note under throttle but it's definitely coming from behind you.