Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,591
    You don't exactly get to make your own hours! Often times you are at the whims and fancy of psycho buyers/sellers. My mother was a successful realtor for years, but finally got tired of the strange hours/strange people. Why I remember years ago when Bette Davis (ok, I'm old) called our house screaming bloody murder...Ooops. Off-topic.

My '99 Platinum M has 34,000 miles. A few problems, but nothing to even remotely consider a lemon. In fact, for a domestic, first model year, Chrysler! I'm somewhat impressed by its record to date. Build quality, specifically panel gaps, is my biggest dissapointment. But I have no reservations in recommending this car to anyone interested in a roomy, fast, economical, great looking (and great value) sedan. I hope that DC knocks it out of the park with the N. I'll be looking again in 12-18 months...

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• dubbeddubbed Posts: 33
    does anyone know the part number for them from the dealer? an price guesses? if anyone knows please let me know and maybe on the mirrors too...
    thanks in advance!!!!!!

tom
    (dubs)
    dubson300m@yahoo.com
    phtrde1@aol.com
  • You missed out on a set on ebay, they went for about $80, have no idea about the rear view mirrors.
  • mrl859mrl859 Posts: 168
    I guess I'm the first one home. It went great!!! We had 11 cars show up. And the dealer had a FILTHY Special that we were able to climb all over. Apparently, some Bozo dragged a dirty hose across the hood and destroyed the black paint on the Special. OOPS!!!!!!!!! A round of applause goes out to SDMike for his efforts and organization. The meet came off without a hitch and was very well organized. Kudos to the Club for it's financial support. Overall, it was a great time. Pictures to follow soon, I'm sure. Thanks again, Mike.
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Pat- What's the big secret? I know one of the other hosts (forget who exactly) has a MB M-class and is active on its forum. Top secret, huh?

Easyrider- Not even remotely close! Remember, I said "it's something not at all like a 300M". Keep guessing guys! It may still be a little while, but we'll most likely have it before the end of the month, hopefully in the next week sometime. Oh, the suspense...
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Did Mike take a lot of pics? How was the weather out there? Oh, he's probably already at home getting the photos uploaded as we speak!

Hey sdmike, are you here yet?
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    MRL! You skipped out on us and went home? Shame, shame. We just had a very nice post-meet meeting at TGIF. Mmmmmm....those Jack Daniel's BBQ ribs were GOOD! :)

As mrl stated, the meet was a great success. Other than a 2 minute torrential downpour at the beginning of the meet the weather was perfect... 60s and mostly sunny (not sure if my face is sunburned or windburned). We had ELEVEN cars, and everyone in them were wonderful people! I want to thank the club for the financial support, and mrl and glennbp for helping out at the meet with some of the tasks. There were truly some gorgeous Ms there, including every color (I think) except dark green. Beach, you'll be distressed to hear that the most popular color was....steel blue! ;) There were plenty of dual exhausts, modified intakes (including a "plumbing job"), aftermarket wheels, SERIOUS audio systems, and one gorgeous lowered M that had all of the above.

Anyway, time to socialize with my family a bit, so I'll post the award winners and pictures later. Again, a wonderful time and a wonderful bunch of people. Thanks again to Bob Baker Chrysler for having us. Oh...blonda...glenn and I picked out the door prize that you won. We think you'll be happy. :)

More later!

M
    We signed up (or re-signed) a member and even sold some club hats too! Time for me to go take a nap. Oh...if anyone does this themselves, make sure to bring snacks. I caught a couple people trying to chew into my Libby Fruit Cup paper weights. ;)
    Here are the awards given at the meet:

Road Warrior (highest odometer) - Jon & Nancy Hambleton - 75,000+

Longest Drive to Meet - Ron & Nancy Darling - 425 miles (actually third highest, but the other two won awards already)

Sharpest Car - Scott Sipes (lowered steel blue...nice!)

Most Mods (FrankenCar) - Michael Sylvia (with honorable mentions to Glenn Pollock & Scott Sipes!)

ok...here are the pics. I'll put some descriptions with them in the next few days. Answers to questions that are bound to come up:

1) That storage box is the old filter box in 300michael's M. With the hood scoop he doesn't use it except to hide things. :)

2) The car we're huddled around is an 02 special that the dealer rolled out for us.

3) We drove down the coast, across through LaCosta, and then back up to the hotel near the meet location. Nine of the eleven cars went on the cruise.

4) That's TGIF, and no, I don't know what glennbp was looking at in his hand. lol

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/carlsbad

• ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    Great pics Mike . I really liked the ones with all the M's in a row going down the road. What a sight that must have been. Would of loved to have been there , maybe next time. But I did wear my 300M club hat to work thinking about all you guys out in Cali.
    I had thought about us all stopping along the ocean for a picture, but as others that were there can attest, the wind was blowing the sand across the roadway pretty fiercely! I thought if we didn't get out of there we'd get the sides of our cars sandblasted for free!. :)

You'll have a hoot this summer when the gang comes up for a plant visit. The first person to post an otto pic wins a prize. :)
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    you probably are going to get the Infiniti G35. That's what I would get.

Acura TL-S is very nice but does not have that much torque. And all those transmission problems.

G35 produces 260HP AND 260 lbs*ft torque. Now that's serious power. Although not as much as the Grand Prix GTP makes - 280.
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    a pic of OTTO , nobody wants to see me. They want to see M's lots of them . Yeah ,looking forward to meeting all you M club enthusiasts .
    I've been to the outer banks (Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills, Cape Hatteras) several times but it's been a lot of years. The things I remember most fondly are the Hatteras lighthouse, the Wright Brothers monument, and playing in the sand dunes (ok, that was a LOT of years ago). I also have fond memories of drinking myself stupid with my cousin in our early 20s while a near gale-force wind collapsed our tent around us, and waking the the calls of rescue workers thinking we were dead. Well, we wern't dead, we just felt like it after the amount we drank! lol

Oh, you might also try hang gliding down there, or flying kites. Kitty Hawk Kites used to be (and probably still is) one of the biggest and coolest kite stores in the US. The dunes are also great places to get reasonably priced hang gliding lessons. http://www.kittyhawk.com/

Have fun!
    M
  • Mike, thanks for posting all the great pictures. Too bad I couldn't be there, but I enjoyed the pictures. Great looking cars! Looks like everyone was having fun. Was one of the attendees driving a Special? I thought I spied one in the pictures. (Not the one where everyone was gathered around)

Silver
    No specials other than the one the dealer brought up for us. I think mrl mentioned this before, but some idiot drug a hose across the hood of the special and did some MAJOR scratch damage to it. It looks like they drug rusty metal pipes across the hood instead of just a hose!

Which car did you think might be a special?
  • videoman1videoman1 Posts: 201
    Mike,

Great pics. I'm glad the weather cleared up for you. None of the cars looked dirty at all. I guess everyone had time to get them washed :)

Speaking of which. I parked my M out in front of my house tonight (which is a very quiet and safe neighborhood) only to discover that someone (or a few kids) egged it.....ARGH!!! Luckily I went out to pick up some milk and discovered this incident before the eggs had a full night to cake on. So there I was in 25 degree weather at 11:30 at night washing my 300M. Man that water was cold. I'll see how good of a job I did tomorrow.

As for Nags Head, we went there a few years ago and yes, the dunes are nice and the Wright Brothers museum is nice, but the mosquitoes are large enough to pick up a small child. My poor daughter (age 3 at the time) had huge mosquito bites at least 3 inches in diameter on her back and legs. So if you go there, make sure you take some bug protection. Other than that, it's a nice place to visit.
    I know what you mean about the hours. I guess what I meant was I don't want to be tied to an office again...or wear a suit. :) I've already told my wife that my weekends are gone if I get into residential real estate, as that's when the offices are busy, the open houses are hopping, and when buying clients want to be driven around to see properties. I'm also not sure if I can afford the time to get up the learning/licensing/experience curve before running out of savings! :)
  • glennbpglennbp Posts: 327
    Here are some more pics to add to SDMike's super photo shoot.

http://glennbp.bizland.com/glenns300m/id5.html
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    I didn't even know what taxes Pat was referring to until you mentioned it -- it didn't even register as a blip on my radar screen.