Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• lilharryjrlilharryjr Posts: 11
    Well it may seem quick but I know I really wanted one and my buddy Ed at Bell Dodge/ Chrysler HOOKED me up nice. I went to their web site www.bellauto.com and found it:

99' 300m 38k, PHG, Infinity Group (sweet sound), Slate Black...$16,500.00.

My wife loves it, I do to...This car is CLEAN to. Looks brand new. I'm excited. Thanks again everyone...

Any other suggestions for a new owner or comments on the price let me know
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    please do not buy a 300M
    Let the mods begin!! First thing you'll want to do is get some Zaino car polish (in my opinion). It'll make that black beauty shine like a mirror. I have some pictures of my Inferno Red '01 treated with Zaino here: http://community.webshots.com/album/38199629wAYLCV

Congrats on getting the PHP too. You'll appreciate it in the curves, and you'll appreciate the fact that you dont' have the goodyear tires. There are lots of mods you can make to your car. Here are just some of them... http://community.webshots.com/user/bigred300m

Mike
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Posts: 365
    I have a feeling this guy was going to lose lots of weight and completely change his appearance to maybe that of a guard and just walk out the place. He was found hiding in the heating ducts with a package of cookies and a bottle of tums.If you watch the segment on AMW you will see how he had already changed his appearance. I want to be his agent, this appears to be a winner. I can see an M commercial in the works with the barn and hay!!!!!!!
    I think they should check the heating ducts at Alcatraz for those guys from the 60's I wonder if their cookies and tums are stale? LOL
  • no1trustno1trust Posts: 151
    Any idea when the AMW segment is expected to air?
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Good job! A slate 99' with PHP is a very nice car, indeed. Our 2000 was slate and we very much liked it, even though it was the typical black hot & hard to maintain. But, absolutely gorgeous when sparkling!

Have you driven this one yet? What kind of a price did you get?

Good luck!
    Oh, don't fret it too much! I had been thinking about it for quite some time, but there are still many other cars out there that I like even more, yet can get a better price on. Boy, you'd just love if I got an M though! Who knows, maybe it'd be absolutely perfect to compensate for the first bad one we had?!

Matter of fact, I don't have the slightest clue as to what I'll get. I still need to work and save a little more this summer, then I'll start looking sometime this fall hopefully. Most likely used and 2 or 3 years old, but other than that, it's all up in the air!

Tires- Hey, I remember some time ago, you had mentioned ordering/buying some new stuff for your tires because Zaino didn't seem to last very long. I've been going through a few different products with my little car detailing venture, but still haven't found one that lasts that long or at least keeps the tires black very long. What do you use?
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Posts: 365
    I just read it in the paper this morning so I have no idea when it will air. I think they will send out a film crew, so sometime in the future. They may say something about it to-night. I bet this gets more coverage than just AMW.
    Just went to the dealer website and took a look! Beautiful car! Looks immaculate and with 38k miles, $17,900 doesn't seem all that bad. Good luck!
    I use the Zaino wheel dressing and I'm real happy with it. I only use one coat now, as putting two on makes it a bit too glossy for me. I've never had a problem with the wheels throwing the dressing onto the paint, unlike poor Dr. Pixel with the stuff he used.

M
    At least you could have used a different ID! lol!
    I think you got an exceptional deal. Kelly Blue Book lists the dealer retail price (what you'd expect to pay at the dealer) as about $20k for that car. Edmunds says about $19.5k. While I think both of those are high, they might not be way off. People here have lamented being only offered 17k or so on a trade-in for similar cars. Trade-in is usually at least a couple of grand less than the eventual selling price, so to get that car for $17k is a steal. Especially if you know and trust the dealer that you got it from. Well done!
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    Congrats on the Special. I hope you enjoy it. As for the speakers . Yes we still use the Infinity speakers . Enjoy!!!
    Oh crap! I just watched the 300M Special review on Motorweek...after hearing that exhaust growl and seeing it fly off the line, I have to have one!!! Basically, they loved everything about the car, including the exhaust note, the looks, the space, the power, etc., etc. Now, watching it, I could tell it was faster than other M's I've seen, seeing how it burned out off the line.

C&D got 8.1 to 60mph, but Motorweek got the following:
    0-60mph: 7.2 seconds
    1/4 mile: 15.2 seconds at 91 mph

Wonder why there's such a difference in the numbers?

Darn, just when I thought I was over Chrysler, I saw the Special zipping around corners and oh, that exhaust note! You should have seen the nasty looks and comments coming from my mother as she peaked around the corner from the kitchen! Now, I must find a way to afford an M! I'd love a Special, but I guess I could make it with my own "Special" used M. Hmm...wonder how I can make some good dough fairly quickly!

Any ideas?!
  • ajpiiiajpiii Posts: 260
    LOL I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that LOL... Just a Public Service Announcement ya know...
    A lot of things can cause differences in performance numbers. Using auto-stick versus automatic. Traction control on or off. Broken in engine versus fresh off the factory floor. Road condition. Temperature. Etc. These things can make a significant difference. Oh yeah, my car is at least .5 seconds faster if I'm playing Rage Against the Machine in the CD player. ;)
    Make sure to serve the public on the 300M club boards too. There are a couple of threaded discussions about the poor 2002 amp performance, and there have been some questions about where to get an AB amp. Just FYI, the AB amp was used through the '01 model year and part way into the '02 model year. Some "Special" owners with cars built in 2/02 claim to have the good AB amp. I'm not sure how DC decided what cars to use the leftover AB amps in. I've heard of '02 Specials with the ABs AND ACs, but I don't think I've heard of a non-Special '02 with the AB.

Mike
    I wrote that like everyone knows what the AB and AC amps are. Sorry. For clarification, there have been several complaints about the sound quality of the new Ms (with the upgraded Infinity system) versus the older models. This most came from people that have traded in their 99s or 00s for 02s or Specials. A little investigative work (not by me) uncovered that the model number of the amp is different in the newer cars. The older cars (all 99 through 01, plus some 02s it seems) use an amp with the letters "AB" in the model number. The ones that don't sound as well have "AC". Reportely DC "hasn't received any complaints or know of any problems". I personally witnessed the replacement of an AC amp with an AB amp, and I can vouch that there is a substantial performance difference. Here is a picture of the AMP with the model number noted: http://community.webshots.com/photo/38323261/38323654TxxZcJ

Mike
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    sdmike2-

"Reportely DC "hasn't received any complaints or know of any problems"."

Did you think they would? ;-))

beach15-

When do you go for counseling? LOL......

fastdriver
    Probably soon! I know, I know, get over it!

Maybe I need to go for a ride in a new CL-S?!