Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    Part numbers (from 300Michael)

Isolator - 4581182AB
    Rear strut - 4895001AE
    R/F strut - 4782110AD
    L/F strut - 4782111AF
    Bump stop - 4782112
    Rear springs - 4581215AD
    Front springs - 4782085AB
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Posts: 960
    Yeah, I'd like to know that size definitively too. I have some new rotors and brakes coming from Applied Rotor Technology ---channeled but not cross-drilled, and I pray that the company got the right size for my non-php car before they got then cryogenically treated and plated with gold coloring. They should be in in about a week or so and then the tale will be told.
  • toms99toms99 Posts: 252
    Well, I never hit a deer, but once a deer darted across the road and hit me - right in the driver's door (that was in my Plymouth days, not the LHS.)

My insurance company said that they would pay IF *I* had hit the deer, but would NOT pay because the deer hit me!! I guess the deer wasn't insured!
  • toms99toms99 Posts: 252
    Thanks for the link! I have bookmarked it. It looks good....I definitely need one with the brake light.....
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    Go away for a few days and come back to 150+ messages! Just caught up.

phases78-

WELCOME BACK!! Thanks for helping to keep us free here. Too bad you didn't come across that #$%%^^&*& and shoot him with a rocket launcher right where the sun don't shine! Enjoy your time off.

sdmike2-

I THINK you were having a discussion about the front license plate bracket with someone here. It would be quite easy for Chrysler to make a plate holder with a bracket on the bottom that screws into the BOTTOM of the bumper. That way NO HOLES! Acura makes the bracket like that for the CL. CT is a 2 plate state also, but I haven't had a front plate on in years.

blonda-

LOL... Nope- Christine was built on April 17(Wed.), 1998. Mmmm..... maybe that was right after the Easter holidays that year? ;-)) I don't think it would have made any difference what day she was built.

drpixel-

Hope you see this before your hospital visit. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you. As someone said- you survived 9/11- physically, but I know the emotional scars are still there. I have seen it in your messages pre 9/11 and post 9/11. Ask the DR. if he can give you something to erase that day from your mind. Take care and hurry back here. Think of all the time you'll have now to come here! ;-))

mikeyjohn-

DON'T GO!! So many of us have been "reprimanded" at one time or another. Just roll with the punches. I think I missed your post too because I don't remember reading anything that was "out of line". I've been here since 1998. They, nor anyone else, has chased me away yet. The only time I left for several months was when they switched to this "new and improved" software! UGH! NOTHING worked right then! You needed more than the patience of a saint at that time. With Christine and work, I didn't need to come here and get aggravated too. Hang in there.

fastdriver
  • kimieskimies Posts: 22
    Hey..was able to get a really good look at your car the other day (memorial day monday)in the Target parking lot at 7th Street and Bell...NICE!!!!! It made my M shiver.
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Posts: 778
    Well we built a 2003 Special today. In graphite metallic, same as the pro-am cars. Looked good. No other changes I could see to the Special. As for the 2003 M , its losing the chrome exhaust tips . Also the 4 disc indash cd changer will go to 6 disc. Looks like nothing new for the last year of the LH cars.Oh yeah the Intrepid R/T will not be offered in 2003 , only the SXT .
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    Next time get me I would have shown you more of it, plus I would have loved to have seen your M.
  • lonestarsledlonestarsled Posts: 226
    Otto,

Will the 6 disc CD changer be a compatible upgrade to the 4 disc changer?

Thanks for the great info you always give us!!
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    thanks Chrysler! :(

what are they going to do next? replace 17" rims with 14"?
    The numbers for the struts don't go with any numbers I can find. So they are not the standard LHS, Intrepid struts, or the non or PHP 300M struts.
    I do not have the numbers for the Special or any of the other non LH sedan struts.
    The numbers Sdmike gave are correct except for the endings which are AD 99 and the AE is 00 model (this only goes for the front struts).
    They must be cost cutting measures. Like leaving off the front shield, in front of the radiator.
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    ruski-

Wonder how much that will save them?

Hey, did you see the crash ratings for your car? Pretty good.

fastdriver
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Posts: 1,116
    did you at least take that deer home and cook it up for dinner--or at least you could have sold it to the local chinese restaurant---

so how much damage did that deer cost ya?
  • ajpiiiajpiii Posts: 260
    Well I borrowed some calipers from work, and sure enough my non-php car has 297mm front rotors ! Guess I should have measured them b4 ordering... Hope I can return the 282mm rotors...
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    Make sure not to paint those. Work will be upset. ;)
  • lee1nyclee1nyc Posts: 60
    I have a '98 Intrepid ES with Auto Temp Control. I hear an intermittent hiss coming from behind the center a/c vents. It seems to cycle every 30 seconds or so. It also seems to hiss after an acceleration, once you back off the gas.

Dodge replaced the throttle body, and then installed a straightening tube in the evaporator hose. Neither has solved the problem.

Any advice on where to look next would be appreciated.
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Posts: 960
    Ottowrkr--Holy cow. I thought they were only going to build 7,500 Specials? Now they are going to come out with a 2003 Special? ... and with the Graphite paint color that I wanted. Egad...It is going to be hard to resist going for a new M if the Graphite becomes an offered color on the 2003's as my 99 will be paid for within a year. Well, let's see...if I keep the 99 as my "tuner" car, the wife's Eldo could sit in the driveway so the new Special would also be in the garage. Nah...unlikely I would be alive to enjoy the Special if I tried that. Eh?
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Posts: 338
    Yeah, I'll want to know if the 6 disc changer will work on mine too.

It should, since the changer controls on the head are simple forward/backward commands to the changer. Only the changer will care how many discs it can hold in the magazine.

I never assumed there would be only 8500 (?) Specials ever built. I figured they meant for the model year and if it was successful they'd build another run of them in 03.
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    A graphite Special? Wow, would that be a nice looking car! Hey bigmike, having any really strong temptations...?

On another note, why in the world would they take the chrome tips off the exhaust after making a point to have them for 2 years? A 6 disc changer seems nice though, even though 4 worked well for us before, I think room for another 2 would have been even better. So, nothing at all else new?

You start building them in July, right? Then, how long will the 03' model year last? Last I had read, the 300N (if you'll be building it) wasn't coming until the 05' year. Now, that was from Allpar.com, but there really hasn't been any little snippet in the way of news yet. Usually, if a new vehicle is a year away, there's at least something leaked out.