Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• glennbpglennbp Posts: 327
    Glad the trim problems are resolving. My thinking, for what it's worth, is this: If you want the classy more luxurious look go with wood. If you want a more spartan or sporty look go with the brushed aluminum or even carbon fiber. I would stay away from the glossy silver as it does, as Mike said, cheapen the interior considerably. I have seen some brushed aluminum, as one of the guys at the Carlsbad meet had a custom aluminum job done by a friend of his. I likes it, but then again, I have the carbon fiber!
  • 300michael300michael Posts: 1,815
    Count me in the wood grain look too. The brushed aluminum looks unfinished to me (like its been sanded and waiting for the finish coat or something), but in the end it is whatever rocks your world that counts.
  • valhsvalhs Posts: 63
    Go to Discountdash.com, click on the "photo showroom". Go to the 300M Pix. They are using burlwood and bronze. I have had this kit in my LHS for over a year and it has held up fine. My dealer commented on the interior and said he liked it much better than the stock interior. It looks especially nice in car equipped with beige interiors.
  • glennbpglennbp Posts: 327
    I've posted a few pics of the Razo knob. Honestly, it's nice, but not worth $105.00. The titanium "finish" is plastic. Actually, I don't think there is any metal in the entire knob except for the set screws. Look under interior photos:

http://glennbp.bizland.com/

• easyrider300measyrider300m Posts: 1,116
    for $250 its a good deal for real wood. And it covers the factory pcs as well. Anyone put that on his M? Wonder which would look better with agate---the walnut or the burl? any opinions?
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Posts: 2,909
    I had the pleasure to view glennbp's latest mods today. I have to say, the engine lettering looks simply awesome. Only about 1 million times better than I could ever paint. Imagine the texture of the Chrylser letting on the exterior (soft and raised), but apply them to the engine lettering with wicked translucent colors. The picture didn't do it justice. It looks more like opal than the picture. I also got to see the Razo shift knob (but wasn't allowed to touch it) and I have to say it's real cool looking in glenn's interior. It would look like crap in mine, but our interiors are very different. I'm not sure if these two mods were worth $250, but they sure are nice!
  • toms99toms99 Posts: 252
    From their web site FAQ:

"Is this real wood?

Real wood may be ideal for your dining room table but for a vehicle that is subjected to temperature changes, high and low humidity wood kits can crack and warp. Our kits are made from synthetic material that is designed not to fade, crack, peel or warp."
    I want to thank glennbp for helping with my hitch today. For those of you that don't have another club member nearby, find one! Worth it's weight in gold. Anyway, the mopar hitch went on pretty easily, and it doesn't look too obnoxious. I'll post some pictures soon. The important thing to know is that it is NOT a one person job. There is a bunch of lifting and maneuvering, and the darned thing is HEAVY. Also, if you have duals the installation is easier because you don't have to get the rear muffler out of the way.

To follow up on my previous post, we were able to get the adapter to fit (1 1/4 to 2 inch) by cutting a notch in the adapter with a dremel bit. Cutting solid steel wasn't very fun, but all it cost us was time and one bit that I virtually melted. :) The instructions were pretty good, and everything fit like it was supposed to. We only had to drill 3 holes for bolts, but other than that it was just an assembly project. Next time you see glennbp ask him about his magic drill that cuts rectangular holes. lol!

Thanks again glenn.
  • valhsvalhs Posts: 63
    The wood is synthetic but the grain is done so much better than the stock Chrysler Zebra. The brushed bronze is plastic as well but very tastefully executed. I'm telling you, installed this kit rivals anything out there.
    thought you said you didnt like faux dash kits--eat your words! yes the pics look good--does it fit perfectly over the dash, shifter, door and radio? I like the idea that it fits over the original fake wood--

the dash online site is flat, but it is real wood. ut you have to remove the long dash pieces and door pieces to install kit. Does anyone know of a moulded kit the covers the long dash pieces and is real wood? Joshua wood trim is real wood but therefore probably wont match my 2000 fake wood --they dont offer the long dash piece.

If I go with discount dash now I have to decide color---walnut or burl---I have agate interior--opinions?
  • videoman1videoman1 Posts: 201
    Discount Dash is synthetic wood and goes over the existing factory trim. If you have a 1999 300M though, the piece that fits over the shifter trim is wrong. It's only for the shifter with the boot. It looks like the kit Discount Dash uses is from Woodview Automotive Trim (www.woodcorp.com).

The reason I like Dashes Online is because I can get the 1999 shifter trim piece and the long pieces that go across the dash are replaced instead of taped onto. They have both real and simulated wood and it's hard to tell the difference with the Rosewood style. The Burl does have a difference, though. The real burl looks better.

The brushed aluminum and shiny silver kits aren't just thin pieces you stick on. They have the thick clear lacquer finish with rounded edges you see on the wood trim. It's very shiny and very polished. I'm really thinking about the shiny silver cause it almost matches my Platinum exterior perfectly. It may look pretty cool to have the dark gray interior with the glossy silver trim and since it has the lacquer finish, I don't think it will look cheap. If you've ever seen the inside of the PT Cruser and how some of the trim matches the exterior color, I think it would look like that. I'm still undecided, though.

Also, one other thing. For those of you who like the rear wing on sdmike's Big Red, I emailed California Dream and the price is $279.99 painted and $209.99 unpainted. It's $15.00 or less for shipping.

-vman
    If you want an fast wing (painted) get the Cal dreams, but you can get it for (unpainted) $100 less at wings4less.
    If the wood trim is incased in epoxy, the humidity and weather conditions shouldn't effect it in the first place.
    Any word on the HID conversion for the 300M"s
    With all the reformating of the site, they didn't fix the Message# you still have to add something like 690 posts to the number you really want. I was hoping they would have fixed this by now.
    Any good hosting sites out there? Homestead is going to triple their price, and I have Webshots, but would like to find another site to host my 300M photos.
    Thanks
    That site will pass us up in a year.
    and has some space but I dont know what he would charge---I will put the good word in for you if youre interested. How much space do you need?
  • scotianscotian Posts: 1,064
    here are the pictures. View at your own risk. ;)

http://community.webshots.com/album/41396245WINBwT