Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Hyundai Azera

Comments

• A beautiful machine! Had it on a revolving pedestal with the doors open. Couldn't get too close or sit in it, but it is a very sharp looking car. The gentleman that was working the show said they were just starting production and that it would be March before they were available here. Hope they sell a lot of them, I am interested in buying a used one year old one in 2013.
  • From what i have seen on the web and a few YouTube posts, it looks great.

Did they refer to it at the show as a 2013 or 2012 model? I have seen it referenced both ways and my local dealer insists that it will be badged as a 2013.

He also stated that it should come in at about a 32,000 retail for the base model and around 37,000 for the premium with all the goodies.
  • It is in the 2012 Hyundai full liner brochure I picked up at the show. I thimk it will be a 2012. The prices are about the same I was told at the car show.
  • They seem to have raised the price on the Azera significantly. I paid $27500 for my 07 Limited azera with everything in it. Now they want $5k more to start? Oyut of my price range.
  • Thanks Avondan. One of the local Chicago dealers has it listed on their website as a 2012 as well.

Check out the gallery pics at darcyhyundai.com. It states coming Winter 2012...so i guess it should start showing up in late February or early March.
  • They seem to have raised the price on the Azera significantly. I paid $27500 for my 07 Limited azera with everything in it. Now they want $5k more to start? Oyut of my price range.

I agree if that's true. The current (2011) model starts at $26k and maxes out at $33k. I can't imagine Hyundai raising the price that much on the 2012.

If it is that high, they must be setting up the new 2012 Kia Cadenza closer to the existing Azera's price points. The new Kia (Amanti replacement) will have a 4-cyl option and might be the better way to go.
  • jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    Got a brochure from Hyundai today in the mail on the '12 Azzy...Looks good,but pricing is high...it's in the Genesis range....I'll keep my '06 Azzy for a while longer.....Maybe new Kia is indeed the answer if it has the v-6 with plenty of horses (290 or more).
  • jkolehjkoleh Posts: 38
    Wonder why they would price it in the same ball park as Genesis? Seems self defeating on the surface, particularly since their sales records for the Azera have been extremely weak.
    #2 worstselling vehicle in America in 2011......1,520 units sold....Acura model was #1
  • Interesting. If they market a fully loaded front wheel drive Azzy Limited with all the new goodies at the price of a base rear wheel drive Genesis it should appeal to people like myself who live in the northern climates.

I really like the Genesis but prefer the front wheel drive ability of my Azera in the snow.
  • cobrazeracobrazera Posts: 352
    Agree totally, Hyundai needs to do just that. If they don't, the Azera will continue to languish at the bottom of the sales charts.
  • osaka75osaka75 Posts: 88
    I wonder if sales target goals are publicly available. Received a pamphlet in the mail the other day and have been searching for as much info as possible about this car. I'm excited about it but won't be able to afford it new at those prices. Will have to hope that depreciation is the same as with the current model if I want to own it anytime soon. However, I imagine that resale values will be close to that of their recent Sonata and Elantra offerings. Perhaps there will be great lease deals!
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Posts: 573
    edited January 2012
    I agree the 2012 Azera will have a stronger resale value than the current model. Sounds like it's moving up a notch price wise, into the low $30k range to start.

The new Kia Cadenza will likely be positioned beneath the new Azera in price and fall into a mid-$20k to low-$30k range while offering full-size room and a 4-cyl base engine. Here's a couple preliminary images of the new full-size Kia.

• LASHAWNLASHAWN Posts: 303
    I think Hyundai should've had a commercial ad for the new Azera during the Super Bowl. What do you think?
  • jkolehjkoleh Posts: 38
    Noticed that the Azera is missing this morning from the Hyundai USA web site list of vehicles.
  • The old model is gone, but the new one is there under future vehicles with a spring arrival listed

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/future-cars/index.aspx
  • I agree. What a captive audience and a missed opportunity to run a teaser ad (look for it to arrive soon at your local dealer).

My dealer says that they are due in any day but haven't seen one as of yet. I certainly hope that they market it properly this time as they have been spending quite a bit on TV advertising on the Sonata as of late.
  • Beautiful. I especially like the side crease and lower side chrome.
    2011 Azera was the 2nd worst selling vechicle in the US last year....an Acura model was the worst......Hyundai just doesn't advertise this model locally or nationally...they're pushing the Genesis and Equus...
  • .....$32,875. Autoblog reports the only option is a tech package for $4k. Read more here:

2012 Azera

Leaves a big gap in the Hyundai line-up between the Azera and the Sonata that bases at $20,570. This could be great news for Kia though. Kia's new full-size sedan is rumored to start with a 4-cyl engine and should under-cut the Azera's price by several grand. ;)