Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Hyundai Azera

Comments

• oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 212
    edited March 2012
    I don't care about resale. Even though I am a Cal guy, I might just really consider that Red, if I can look at one somewhere!Maybe Camissa in Burlingame will get one.

I wonder if dealers will have mostly base models or the loaded ones.Myself, I could do without the sun roof.
  • jlindhjlindh Posts: 282
    $38k plus if you want bluetooth which seems to be about a $2000 option. Can that be right???
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Posts: 573
    I don't think so. The Azera has Bluetooth standard at a $32,875 base price. There is only one option package available, it's $4k and includes the glass roof.
  • jlindhjlindh Posts: 282
    I was talking about the Buick.
    Bluetooth is standard.
    edited March 2012
    That's a glitch in the website. Bluetooth for phone AND radio is standard on all Lacrosse models. I have a 2011 Lacrosse CX and it has Bluetooth for both phone and radio standard.

Here is the link. Buick should drop the row for Bluetooth phone because they have a seperate row for Bluetooth Phone and Radio that now covers it. I can stream wireless audio from my cell phone, the car's phone, or the AM/FM/XM radio.

Lacrosse Bluetooth After this link loads, click on "Interior" tab at that top and scroll down. You'll see it is standard.
  • cobrazeracobrazera Posts: 352
    edited March 2012
    Looks like that $2000 option on the top Lacrosse model is NAV, with a different Bluetooth than the one that's standard on the other models. Yup, website glitch. If you want a Lacrosse with NAV it appears the least expensive would be the Premium 1 Model/Group where NAV is an option. V6 and a sunroof on that one is about $35K.
  • kenb757kenb757 Posts: 149
    According to latest issue of Motor Trend, the Azera has a "busy ride." Looks like Hyundai is true to its incapability of designing a smooth riding car without air springs (the Equus being the exception). Too bad, I'd consider a Genesis if it had the same suspension as the Equus. Now, compared to a nice-riding Avalon and there's no way I'd throw away $32k on an Azera.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Posts: 804
    I believe this is the comment you are referring to. Not quite as damning as you imply. Actually the writer seems to compliment the strides Hyundai has made in ride quality.

Out in the real world, the Azera is proof positive that Hyundai has made strides ­-- albeit small ones -- to improve chassis dynamics. The ride, while not as coddling as that of an ES, comes across about as firm as a TL's and strikes a nice balance between luxury and sport, though over coarse pavement it's still a bit busy. Surprisingly, under aggressive cornering, the Azera exhibits sharp turn-in and moderate body roll, both of which are rather uncommon for the segment. (Credit the SACHS continuously variable dampers.)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1202_2012_hyundai_azera_first_test/
    Onstar with Turn-by-Turn navigation is standard on all Lacrosse models which start at $30,170.
    My May 2012 issue of Motor Trend arrived yesterday and there was a nice, big write up on the new Azera. The overall review was very good. It is available online here: Motor Trend 2012 Azera Test

In regards to the two posts above, the MT writer made this salient point: "Out in the real world, the Azera is proof positive that Hyundai has made strides ­-- albeit small ones -- to improve chassis dynamics".

Powertrains, ergonomics, style, comfort, and safety have all been addressed to make Hyundai/Kia vehicles as good as, or better than, the competition. The lone area where they are perceived to be a touch behind is chassis development. This is being addressed as noted above.

There's no reason to believe this area will lag for long, nothing else has with these guys. What they've done over the last 10 years in nothing short of astounding.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,897
    Onstar turn by turn is not the same as having NAV and I don't believe it's free after the trial period. You only pay for NAV once.
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,059
    edited March 2012
    The Azera might be a nice car but it does not look good in pictures. Based on the Motor Trend and other pics I've seen so far the Azera looks bloated and without a distinctive personality unlike the Sonata and Elentra models that are sharp inside and out.

As to its competition I believe it is closer to the Impala and Taurus than the LaCrosse, TL, Avalon or MKS. It may have luxury pretentions but it is not in the class of the afore mentioned.

The Boston Globe this morning is reporting that the Azera is for the buyer coming out of a vehicle like the Sonata or the Accord who still wants front-wheel-drive without making the move to a rear-wheel-drive sedan like the Genesis. The article went on to say that persons of bulk will find ample seating in the Azera.
  • hjc1hjc1 Posts: 183
    Pictures don't do justice to this car. I attended the Chicago auto show in Feb. and spent a lot of time reviewing the Azera... and I'm sold. I also checked out competing models and still found the Azera to out rank them all. Yes this is a subjective approval but it's my opinion :=) I have owned several Hyundai products and had NO mechanical problems or problems with the dealer I used.
    I'm waiting for the dealer to call me when it arrives so I can test drive the Azera.
  • hjc1hjc1 Posts: 183
    You can now view the repair manual for the 2012 Azera on www.hmaservice.com
  • Like the bulk of you, I read the MT article and the Edmunds review, as well as looked at the Hyundai website before I saw this car in the flesh at a dealership this past Saturday. As the driver of a 2011 Acura TL (yes, the one with the beak), I can tell you that the Azera in person is pretty awesome. The front of it is a little too Sonata like, and the sheetmetal kink over the rear wheel wells is a bit too Buick -- however, as a whole, the car looks great. And the interior quality and tactile feel of the surfaces is good enough to convert a 4 time Acura owner. The car I saw lacked the Tech pkg, but I'm feeling this car is definitely in the fight for FWD near luxury buyers. I'm hoping that the ride is comparable to my TL.

I'll give myself another year, but this is looking like my next car.
  • cobrazeracobrazera Posts: 352
    Beautiful car! I have a Lincoln MKT ( as well as an"06 Azera ), and can attest that Hyunda pilfered much of the interior design shapes and styles from that Lincoln. Heating /cooling vent design and shapes, cubby behind console, upswept side wings on the center stack, side window shades, and panoramic roof are all clones of the beautiful interior of the MKT.
    The exterior, though, is all Hyundai - and absolutely gorgeous. IMO, if they market these cars properly, they'll have trouble meeting demand.