Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra's w 8100/Allison

Comments

• mgdvhmanmgdvhman Posts: 4,162
    to drop the "badge" look.....but since the HD's look the same...I see they have 2500HD on the sides of the doors....actually it was the only way I could tell it was one!

...Gimme a Chevy please....

- Tim
  • smart99smart99 Posts: 48
    Talk on Timmy Talk on

I'm thinking 8.1 w/3.73
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Looked at a '01 2500 HD LT CC 2wd pewter 8.1 Allison 4.10 locker.

Dealer wanted:

MSRP $36,549
    Add dealer markup $ 7,800
    Total $44,349

I can't believe this stuff is going on. Well, it was a LT.
    I will sell you one for MSRP....and deliver it to you...

LOL

....order it in Cal and have it shipped.....

- Tim
  • smart99smart99 Posts: 48
    just where is that dealer?

thank goodness he's not in Fort Smith Arkansas
    Honolulu, Hawaii. I would post the name of the dealership, but anyone going to their lot will see it for themselves. Scary part about it is that the salesman told me that some have PAID that price.

Tim

CA truck. Never in my life would I buy an over emissioned truck. Would rather buy for Washington or Oregon. Heck maybe I should get one from Vegas. Can justify the trip that way. Better yet, if the truck bash was there, I could buy one and drive it there...LOL!!
    ..I'll get one GMO pricing here......drive it to Cal.....ship it over to ya....deal?.....for MSRP.

- Tim
    Then it'll have more miles than Ryan's used truck when he got it new. Any way to get GMO in Oregon or Washington?
    I guess if someone who qualifys for it bought it there....

- Tim
    Would the dealer sell on GMO if the truck is hard to come by? I don't see them dealing this truck so I was just wondering.
    is for employees/family only...

right now GMO orders for HD's are not allowed.....you can order one...but it's GMS (out of stock ) pricing........

should be able to order one soon under GMO.....but I ain't ready yet anyway!.....was going to order June or so....but may wait until Sept/Oct......I want a new truck for the wife first...and she don't want it until summer......GRRRRRR

- Tim
  • n75v111n75v111 Posts: 243
    you to own the vehicle for one year or they'll do bad things to you!!!!! After that you can sell/transfer title to someone else.(:-(

Currently you can buy up to two vehicles in one year.

75v
    1 year or 6 months?

- Tim
  • After five months and 21 days, I accepted delivery of my new 2001 HD Crew Cab short box, 8.1 Allison, 3.73, SLE, buckets, white/charcoal. Fit and finish appear excellent. Truck is noticably quieter and smoother riding than my 97 SLE XC, 3.73, Z71. Tow rating in the owner's manual says 15,200 for the 4.10 and 13,200 for 3.73 for fifth wheelers and 12,000 for standard hitches for both axels. Power appears more than adequate, but gearing does seems a little tall. The Allison is a little whiney, but so am I after the six month wait. For anyone wondering, the flares are textured black. Rear window has the defogger and was only lightly tinted. I'll give you an update on gas mileage over the next few weeks.
    post back and forth -- Your aware of the current HD rebates and incenives I hope.

75v
    are normal
    ....for the Allison that is

- Tim
    Thinking you had a 5th wheel to pull also??
    If so
    Have question on bolting in the 5th wheel hitch (Reese 15000) in the short box.

I have an older 32'Hitchhiker so its pin is not as extended as new units.
    Been looking at location dimensions and I need 49" from back window to pin location for 90 deg. Near as I've been able to measure PU's on dealers lots the rear axel sets approx. 43" from the window.
    Friend pulls an Excell with a '00 F250 and has the hitch pin located 40 1/2" behind his window centered over axel and can (on flat ground) do the 90 deg. thing.

So I'm going to have to mount hitch pin aft of the Silverado axel by 6" or so or less if I'd be satisfied with 75 to 80 degrees of turn.

I have another friend that pulls about 29' with 1/2 ton Sierra mounted about 4" behind axel with 75 to 80 degrees of turn with no prolem so know I can do that also --

but do you have your dimension locations figured out??

75v
  • I measured the distance from the rear wheel to the center of the axel. I think you are very close at 43". I plan to pull a 6500lb, 26' standard tongue trailer and triple a 2500lb.boat. (Legal in Montana).

I did not hear of any rebates. The GMC site indicated 4.9 financing on vehcles from dealer stock. If there is anything else kindly let me know. Thanks.
  • sonjaabsonjaab Posts: 1,057
    If any of you fellas out there are waiting for
    a 8.1, hd, or diesel gm truck and you think the dealer is lying to you about the wait
    Punch up WHEELS.COM they show all mfr.production
    delays,deletion, plant shut downs etc.
    If you want one NOW!! chevy dealer in albany ny has one
    GMO GMS THEY LAUGHED !! POCO IS THIS OK ?
  • page3page3 Posts: 55
    Just purchased a 2001 Chewy 3/4 ID CT 4x4 Pewter/Slate gray Crew Cab 8.1 Allison 4.10 with every option but the block heater and clearance lights. ($37,759.30) out the door. Sticker was $39,699.00. I moved out of a "99" Silver ado 3/4 ext.cab 4x4. I have only got 200 miles on it so I can't really give any info other than this truck halls #$%! The gas gauge moves pretty fast too but that was not a concern of mine. I will be looking for a after market fuel tank to help the 26 gal one out. Looks like just in front of the tank could be a good spot for an ax. tank. moved my 265/75r/16's from my other truck and found they do rub on the wheel wells in front when turning. Might need a little trimming on the plastic. I really want 285's after these wear out. Hope to have more info later.

Ed
This discussion has been closed.