Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Chevy Equinox Problems

Comments

• roykulproykulp Posts: 52
    I had this 2010 Nox at GM Dealer 05.18.11 and they could not duplicate or find Steering concern or Trans up-shifting issue; both issues are intermitant and are not frequent issues. I'm monitoring these 2010 Nox matters to help get them resolved.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    jade62973,

I apologize I must have misunderstood you, when you said you were advised not to speak with GM I took it as you were taking the advice of your attorney. By asking for your case number I cannot guarantee a different resolution than what was offered I just simply wanted to take a second look at it.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • jade62973jade62973 Posts: 24
    Hi Caron,

You are correct my attorney did advise me not to have any further contact with GM regarding this issue BUT since there is no legal case actually started as of yet, their advice is really at my discretion. They are still reviewing the case to see if we can move forward at this point or if we need to bring the truck to another dealership for investigation and duplication of gasoline smell and get a different service technician's perspective on the high idle/rev'ing.

I see no harm really in sending you my service request number in this interim period and look forward to your insight.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Hi Caron,

I just sent my request number to the e-mail listed for you on this forum.

I await your review of my case and subsequent reply.

Thank you.
    roykulp,

Have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? If so, do you have a case set up?

Thank you,
    No case has been set up that I'm aware of; other than the dealer service report on 0518.11
    Hi Caron,

I just sent my request number to the e-mail listed for you on this forum.

Please confirm receipt of my e-mail so I know you received it.

I will then await your review of my case and subsequent reply.

Thank you.
    RE: GM Case #

Caron,

Please advise for setting up case report.

Roy in Tampa
    Sincerely, good luck Roy! Please let us know now thing's turn out for you..:)
    jade62973,

Thank you for sending the requested information. I am still looking into your case and will get back to you shortly.

Thank you,
    edited May 2011
    Hi Caron,

Wonderful! Thank you for confirming receipt of my e-mail. I appreciate your taking another look into my case. I understand it will take you a little time. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards.
    roykulp,
    Thank you for your feedback on the vehicle. Please keep me updated on if you concerns were address at the dealer. Have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Steve,
    What you call the basic warranty is called the "Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty". Here is what it states on Chevrolet.com hover over "Owners" then select warranty, and it is 3rd to the last on the page. Here is the link:
    http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty/

Covered for 3 years/36,000 miles*
    Chevrolet backs your new vehicle with its no-deductible, Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The entire vehicle is warranted for repairs, including parts and labor, to correct problems in materials or workmanship, for three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first (except normal maintenance). The warranty covers towing to the nearest Chevrolet dealership, and there is no deductible for warranty repairs during the warranty period. The warranty transfers automatically with vehicle ownership during the warranty period.

Hope this helps! Have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,910
    edited May 2011
    Thanks Christina.

My understanding is that a notchy steering issue, like the one Roykulp says he is having, would not be fixed under warranty after the 3/36 period since it's covered under the B2B warranty and not the longer drivetrain warranty.

Apparently there was some confusion with people thinking there was a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (that'd be nice :shades: ).
  • kelsan1kelsan1 Posts: 34
    I too, have a 2011 Equinox that has had some issues with it, I have owned the car for 7 months and have about 13000 miles on it. To date, there have not been any of the major issues that have been outlined in this post but I have had occasion where the transmission shifted harshly due to driving in eco mode around town. When I talked with my dealer service rep he said the eco mode will retard the engine rpm as well as fuel flow and that it is better to drive with it off. I have done just that for daily driving and only use the eco on the highway at a cruise speed. My average mpg is about 23/25 in city driving and 28/31 on interstate driving @ 70mph+.

I have the 4 cylinder in this car and like it so much, I just bought another one with the same equipment level but in a GMC Terrain. What a sweet ride. :) :)
  • sumr616sumr616 Posts: 90
    I bought my '11 Nox first week of April, it now has about 5500 miles on it (took a vacation!) and in the last week, this problem has occurred three seperate times: When starting the car, a very loud tapping noise starts as the engine starts, and lasts about 3 seconds, then stops and the engine sounds normal. It is very loud, one time I heard it while I was standing outside of the car and my husband was starting the car. It is most definitely not a "normal" sound, kind of sounds like something plastic is getting hit, or what it would sound like if you put some pennies in a coke can and shook it- hard to describe, but definitely not normal. The second time this happened, I immediately pushed OnStar and they said that no codes were showing on the computer.

Also, about 2 weeks ago, I pulled into a parking lot, was going about 10-15 mph, turned down an aisle, and the car completely stalled. Has anybody else experienced this? (didn't think about OnStar diagnostic at the time)

I'm taking the car in tomorrow to see what they say, but am wondering if anybody has an idea for known issues, or has had similar experience with these issues. I know that if there aren't any codes, they have to try to replicate the issue, and since it's random, not every time I start the car, then it's really all about luck for them to diagnose it....help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Hi,

If you read through this forum, quite a few people have had the stalling issue. I haven't seen the noise issue posted but it doesn't mean it hasn't happened to other people. I'm personally still having a "gasoline smell" issue with my car that has no error codes and cannot be duplicated. I think they don't want to duplicate it because it's daily and obvious! Have you brought your car into the dealership? If you not you should as the repairs (if any) should be covered under warranty. If repairs are made (or aren't) and the problem persists continue to bring it to the dealer (maybe a different one if need be) and start a claim with GM directly. A lot of people are having similar issues and customers need to make sure they are addressed properly one way or another. "I can't find the issue" or "sorry, we can't duplicate" is not acceptable when it it keeps happening, they should try that much harder. Good luck! Please keep us posted! If enough people are unsatisified and have unresolved issued GM may listen to a group more closely than just individuals. Hopefully, your matter will be clearly pinpointed and resolved. Getting the run around is not fun to say the least. :)
    Roy,

Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • sumr616sumr616 Posts: 90
    I appreciate the response Jade. I took it in today, and pretty much had to beg for a rental, I have to leave town for a funeral and they won't be able to get to my car until tomorrow at the earliest, but really? Did I have to ask them 4 times for a rental? Not the dealership I bought from, if they can't figure it out, I'll call the dealer out of town that I bought from and see if anything sounds familiar to them.

This is my first *brand new* car, so I have a (probably simple) question... Since the noise on startup and stalling are purely random issues, and it may/may not happen while THEY have my car... I know my warranty will cover the repair, and I know that as long as it is documented while under warranty it will still be covered if whatever the problem is completely breaks later on down the road... What qualifies as sufficient documentation for that? Just the work order/receipt from the dealer, or do I have to "start a case" with GM? Sorry I'm new to this, just making sure I cover all of my bases.

If they call me and say they found nothing, what should be my next step? Do I just take my car and wait for it to happen again, or demand more?
    Hi Caron,

I thank you for your effort but really did not think you'd be able to do much else for me. I continue to have the "gasonline smell" issue and my attorney and I are moving forward with a case.

Thank you!