Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Chevy Equinox Problems

1484950515254»

Comments

• sma1sma1 Posts: 20
    Have them monitor your vehicle for oil consumption. Took 18 months and many free rentals cuz they couldn't figure out my equinox. It took one mechanic who did my oil change to discover that the was a problem.
  • djm2djm2 Posts: 705
    seriously2:

A "Class Action law suit" requires someone to start the process. Most people who have this problem vehicle do not have the money to fix the vehicle, let alone start a law suit! And here in lies the problem! ---- The vehicle manufacturers understand this concept VERY WELL. ------ For "justice to be served" it would take a person with money who could put their problem vehicle into storage, hire a "high priced attorney" along with the necessary automotive experts, and initiate the "legal / media / public relations process" whereby the longer it takes for the manufacturer to repair, replace and / or purchase back the vehicle, the more "NEGATIVE PRESS" hits the "media world" thus eating into the manufacturer's new vehicle sales figures! ----- You see to get their attention, the customer base must hit the vehicle manufacturer's where it hurst, and that place is in NEW vehicle sales! ------- No vehicle manufacturer, be it foreign or domestic, cares about the individual customer. The only time they demonstrate their concern is when there is an "issue" with a large group of customers, and their sales are taking a hit! ---- When Toyota was having a problem with their "unintended acceleration issue" my wife and I attended the N.Y. Auto Show. Since we own both a GM and Toyota vehicles we stopped at the Toyota display. We spoke to a factory representative about the new vehicles. She asked us if we were interested in a new Toyota. My wife respond YES, but we only want the one with the "unintended acceleration package," because "that package" makes it easy to operate the vehicle since we DO NOT have to press on the accelerator! ----- The factory representative did not know what to say! ---- Point made! ---- All the best. Dwayne
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    Your point is well taken. I remember a number of years ago an owner questioned the odometer reading on his vehicle (I believe it was a Honda or Mercedes). The owner had two vehicles, one from the manufacturer in question, and the other from another manufacturer. He drove from point A to point B on different occasions using each vehicle. He found that the vehicle in question was registering a greater distance. He asked friends who travelled the same route to record the mileage. Sure enough the mileage matched his other vehicle but not the vehicle in question. This may sound trivial but what it means is that the vehicle's warranty expires in a shorter period of time. The transmission failed on the vehicle in question a few hundred miles over the limit. He argued the mileage was overstated and that the vehicle was within the warranty's mileage limit. The manufacturer tried to blow him off but they picked the wrong guy for this fight because he was a litigation attorney and was obviously financially well off. He organized the class action suit himself. Eventually, the manufacturer had to extend the warranties for all owners.
  • I've had several issues with my 2011 chevrolet equinox since I purchased new in September 2010. The most recent issue after paying $300.00 for the timing chain and policy issues repairs a week ago. This past weekend my car starting shaking and flashed a message "engine reducing power" and something about the stabili. This happened while parked at the high school waiting on my daughter. Also, on the way to Church this morning the car did the same thing as mentioned above 3 times, but this happened while driving down the road. We had to pull over and restart the car. We were praying we would make it to Church and we did. This vehicle has given me problems since about 2 months after I purchased. Does anyone have any advice?

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001

@dxesimn4 said: I've had several issues with my 2011 chevrolet equinox since I purchased new in September 2010. The most recent issue after paying $300.00 for the timing chain and policy issues repairs a week ago. This past weekend my car starting shaking and flashed a message "engine reducing power" and something about the stabili. This happened while parked at the high school waiting on my daughter. Also, on the way to Church this morning the car did the same thing as mentioned above 3 times, but this happened while driving down the road. We had to pull over and restart the car. We were praying we would make it to Church and we did. This vehicle has given me problems since about 2 months after I purchased. Does anyone have any advice?

Hello dxesimn4,

I apologize that you've experienced these issues with your Equinox. I understand your frustration and would like to try and assist with your current concerns. Can you please private message us your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and the name of the dealership you've been working with? We'd like to work on contacting them to see what options are available to you towards addressing your current vehicle concern.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Amber N. GM Customer Care

• kibbles991kibbles991 Posts: 1
    edited March 12
     I've had my 2011 Equinox for almost three years now, never had any issues until just the other

day. aside from the vehicle getting poor gas mileage my wife had an issue the other day which appears to be common amongst other owners. Traveling on the roadway heading towards the highway the car began to idle rough and stalled out without warning. She lost power steering and died in the middle of the road. She was able to get it running but it died quickly thereafter, then the engine light comes on and it dies again. Third time it died she was lucky enough to get it in a parking lot. Had it towed to the dealer and they called later that day and said all set come pick it up, just needed an oil change. When we questioned the engine failure then the service manager told us it was 2 1/2 quarts low on oil. The manager set us up to return every 500 miles for them to check the oil level. Talk about an inconvenience. Driving home the engine ran rough again and began shifting abruptly and the tachometer jumped to 6000-7000 rpm's on the highway. The following day all the lights on the dash lit up and the engine ran rough but didn't stall out. We returned today and the mechanic agreed there was a problem but would have to do a diagnostic check to see what's up. He did tell the manager that the vehicle definitely had a safety issue and told him to give us a rental, so I appreciate his honesty. The vehicle is at the dealership and we are awaiting some info on its condition. I see many others out there with similar issues. after all said and done was the issue fixed or did it have problems continuously after the repair. thanks for any info.