Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Durango Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Yes, omszz, the numbers for this truck are exactly the same in August as they were in July.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • omszzomszz Posts: 10
    Hello car_man,

Are there any updates on lease rates and residual amounts for 2011 Durango for the month of September?

I am interested in a 3 year lease with 12k miles. Thanks.
    Also the inquiry is for sept is Durango Citadel model.
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you provide lease rate and residual for 2011 Durango Citadel AWD for Sept 2011? I am interested in 3 year lease with 12k miles/yr.

Thanks
  • matthaneymatthaney Posts: 12
    Looking at 2012 Crew AWD 36-month 12k or 10K ml / yr lease. Looking for Res. value and money factor for current March 2012.

Thanks!!
    Hi matthaney. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 45%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • lex13lex13 Posts: 11
    Hi Carman,
    Can you please give me the lease rate and residual value for a Dodge Durango citadel (2 wheel drive). I understand there is some cash incentive thru US bank where one gets about 3750 for lease buy down.

36 months 12,000 miles and 10,000 miles please.

Thanks...
  • lex13lex13 Posts: 11
    Follow up question - if I take the US Bank incentive with the lease am I still eligable to receive any chrysler rebates? Also, should there be any cost difference between a purchase price of a car and the negotiated lease price? In other words, if I don't make up my mind whether to lease or buy should the price be the same?
    Here you go lex13. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.2% and 42%, respectively.

I haven't seen the US Bank lease program for this truck, but I believe that the $3,750 cash incentive is available on leases through Ally as well.

Car_man
    Host
    I don't believe that the $3,750 cash incentive is available on cash purchases of the Durango, just leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • lagirl104lagirl104 Posts: 1
    There's a dealership with a dealer Dodge Durango RT with a little over 4,000 miles. They're offering around $6,000 off since this car has so many miles. Is this a good deal assuming I get competitive lease rate and residual value?
  • jfersheejfershee Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month and 39-month lease of a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew AWD with 12,000 miles per year and 10,000 miles per year? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Hello jfershee. Through July 2nd, Ally's base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.35% and 44%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 0.35% and 42%.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

In most areas Chrysler is providing a $3,750 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • imirskyimirsky Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man:

Is the $3,750 incentive from Dodge? Do I HAVE TO lease through Dodge credit or dealership bank to get cash incentive? And can I apply the $$ towards the $$ down on my lease? Or does it simply reduce the purchase price for the vehicle that I am leasing?
  • max63max63 Posts: 72
    Hi car man, can you run some numbers off this internet price of a Durango Crew, RWD:

MSRP: $39,970, dealer discount 3,775 plus rebate of $1,000: Net Cap Cost: $35,195

Need 36 months and 12k per year, thanks!
    Yes, that cash incentive is being paid by Chrysler. You do have to lease through Ally or Chase, Chrysler's captive finance companies, to be eligible for it.

Using the cash as a down payment on your lease and using it to reduce your vehicle's selling price are essentially the same thing.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to max63. If you lease, the Durango's cash incentive jumps from $1,000 to $3,750. I will take that into account.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew RWD that has an MSRP of $39,970 and a capitalized cost of that minus a $3,775 dealer discount and a $3,750 cash incentive (32,445) through Ally right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $415.

Car_man
    Host
  • chicagomomchicagomom Posts: 13
    Car_man, am I understanding correctly that if I buy the Durango, the cash incentive is $2,750 less? Is there such a thing as a best month to buy? Is it better to wait until the 2013 comes out? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Car_man, I'm looking to lease a 2012 Durango Crew, AWD, 36 or 39 month lease, 10k miles/year. Please provide the rates that I might need to calculate my payment.

Thank you.
    Hi chicagomom. You are correct. The cash incentive for purchases of the 2012 Durango is only $1,000.

If you want to buy and not lease, then generally speaking the later in the model year the better in terms of when to buy.

Car_man
    Host