Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln TC '94 quits running at idle

patkhixsonpatkhixson Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Lincoln
My TC was damage in left rear quarter panel, causing fuel pipe to be slightly dislodged from fuel tank, about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday, car began dying at idle speed or approaching a stop. Is fuel tank pressurized? I have not been able to fill up as it causes fuel leak beyond 14 gallons. Any ideas on cause and how to fix? I should add the condition has deteriorated rapidly, going from just dying at slow down/stop, to just about won't start at all within 24 hours. Am I chasing the wrong varmint?

Comments

• euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,352
    You are driving a bomb ready to explode due to static electricity. The tank is pressurized under normal conditions. Either have it repaired immediately or stop driving it. :mad:
  • my T C 91 has a fuel pump shut off switch on the left henge of the trunk it has a rest button on the top , so when in case of an accident shuts gas off from motor and they are known to get tripped when hitting a pot hole ,speed bumps and such ,i found info in my owners handbook that i was lucky to get with used T C. not sure if 94 is the same but if you still have your handbook maybe you can find out if it has something alike
This discussion has been closed.
Lincoln TC '94 quits running at idle - Car Forums at Edmunds.com