Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Chevrolet Aveo

124»

Comments

• We're so glad to hear that everything has turned out well, salinas4u! Had you mentioned the head lamp concern to your agent so we could put it in your case?

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Well my bumper to bumber warranty has been up for about 25,000 miles ago but i did have them look at the headlamp while i was buying new tires earlier this year. At that time i had dims and brights but the lamps burnt out quite frequently. Mechanic said a spring was missing off a clip so my lamp was loose and would continue to burn out as it would wiggle a little. He also told me they cant order just a spring but have to order the whole headlamp assembly at around $300. wasnt worth it to me since the replacement bulbs are only $10 and change out really easy. I think i might have blown a fuse or relay switch since now only the dims wont work. I'll have it checked out another time. My car is running so good that i am not so worried about the dims at this time. Thanks again for being here for people having problems.
  • A solid plan! We wish you many more happy miles in your Aveo and if you should ever need anything we're available to you via email (socialmedia@gm.com).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • jeepcrazy2013jeepcrazy2013 Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I have an Aveo. It is a 2009 and I bought it in 2010. I have a little over 12,000 miles on it. So far it has been a great car. I am not able to drive it everyday. My husband and I drive for a trucking company and we are gone most of the time. We are only home four to five days a month. Anyway the car has been great so far and I love to drive it. It is small and can fit in tight places. However, I want a Jeep Wrangler and I wish the Jeeps got gas mileage like the Aveo's. That would be sooooo fabulous. :) I want to keep my Aveo and get a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport or Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport!!!! :)
  • beef1989beef1989 Posts: 1
    SELL THE AVEO WHILE YOU CAN !!! WORST CAR EVER MADE .. I BOUGHT MINE BRAND NEW off the lot and have had it in and out of the shop ever since Too many problems to name .. exp. 3 months after purchase the car was rusted ! yea rusted !! then they had it for 4 months tryin to solve a sensor issue .., then the wheel bearings went out of it , then the back shocks broke , the door handle on the inside drivers side is broke clear off , the passenger side door wouldn't let ya get out of the car from the inside (door mechanism broke inside the door panel) moisture in all the headlights and tail lights , and now OMG the transmission is doing crazy things ... go driving down the road and ALL OF A SUDDEN its like u shifted it into Neutral .. no gear at all works if you get out of car take battery terminal off and RESET the computer the car works fine for a few miles then does the same thing again NEEDS TO BE TOTAL CAR RECALL !!!!!!!!!!
  • my 2009 Aveo ignition will get warm to hot after it has been driven 15 -to 20 miles. It hasn't caused other problems that I can tell but I am worried it will cause a short in the electrical system. Anyone else having this problem?
  • What do mean by saying the "ignition" gets hot?
  • after you have driven the car for 15 or 20 minutes and you touch the area around when the key is inserted it is warm to hot to the touch. Even the key itself will feel warm. Any ideas are appreciated.
    thanks
124»