Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of buying a 2009 Honda Accord

adub47adub47 Posts: 2
edited September 16 in Honda
I recently found a 2009 Honda Accord for sale that is within my price range and something I'm seriously considering. I do have a question that someone may be able to answer or provide some insight.

Vehicle Details: Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navigation System

The carfax checks out with no problems but one thing sparked my interest was that within a span of 6 months it says "Anti-theft computer/module replaced" - does anyone know what that may mean? Should I stay away? To have it re-placed in such a close amount of time is odd and makes me think something is wrong with the car even though I dont know exactly what it means. Any help would be greatly appreciated! It is a certified pre-owned Honda.

Thanks

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897
    You might have better luck in our discussion called Quick Question for a Car Dealer. We have at least one former Honda salesperson who may be able to answer that, and several other folks who may know the answer.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,778
    You are worried about nothing.

Car Fax's have stopped a lot of people from buying perfectly good cars.

Still, if you are uncomfortable (no reason to be), you should move on.
  • danamal13danamal13 Posts: 14
    I just purchased brand new over certified used because of dealer cash and 0.90% financing for sixty months.
    The cost of a two year old Honda verses brand new is within a couple thousand dollars and the peace of mind that comes with buying new can't be beat.
This discussion has been closed.