Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TR-6's. Love'm? Hate'm?

1235»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,923
    Local car show... Sunbeam Tiger...

Had replaced the stock 260 V-8 with a bored/stroked 302.. :surprise:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,547
    Yeah, Tigers are often modified. I guess it's okay if you keep the old engine around. Of course, many Tigers aren't "tigers" at all, but "Algers"...redone Alpines. There are ways to tell that cannot be disguised however.

• 5539655396 Posts: 529
    A friend just stopped by and asked about the value of this combo. 1973, I think. It is prepped and stored in CA. Either this engine or the car has 80k on it. I'm thinking it's the engine. Can anyone give me an idea what it's worth? And, where would he look to find the value or to sell it? Thanks.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,547
    We'd need to know the condition of it in detail; otherwise any opinion on value could be extremely wrong. I mean, I could give you a useless answer, such as between $3,000 and $22,000, which is all true, depending on what shape the car's in.

• ks55ks55 Posts: 8
    I grew up in Long Island and would always drool over them in the British Leyland showroom on Long Island back in 69 or so ( @ age 14). Look for earlier (not later) ....I seem to recall the 69,70,71 era is the best as the later suffered from emissions strangulation. Stay away from the rubber bumpers as this was done to improve crash worthyness and they added weight and raised the suspension to help also improve crashworthyness ( at the expense of handling) Yes the electric overdrive ( Norman De Laycock?)( as are other Lucas elctronics ) are problematic. They were gone by 76 and a remember a tinge of melancoly when I read that. A good looking ,good sounding ,masculine brit roadster somewhat like the last of the Austin Healey 3000's ( another beauty that was gone by 67).
  • ks55ks55 Posts: 8
    that's correct .It is a rare TR8 roadster with the 3.5 liter V8.
  • parmparm Posts: 723

Since I started this thread, I'll keep it going. Guess I forgot to post that in May 2011, I bought a 1-owner 2001 Honda S2000 with just over 67,000 miles. Silver with red interior. Very good (borderline excellent) condition. Still looks new in a lot of respects. Paid $13,500. I've put about 4,000 miles on it. Keep it stored during the winter months. Will be getting it out of hibernation before long. Love it while driving around town. But, on the highway, it's like a bug on the water. Very skidish (though stable) which is the characteristic for this breed. The slightest twitch of the steering wheel and you better alert. I know it's the nature of this car and perhaps a real sports car snob would love this trait, but I HATE the fact it wants to dart to the inside if you lift the throttle in the middle of a sweeping corner. I'd like a more relaxing/comfortable driving experience and more room, so I'm to the point where I'm considering getting rid of it in favor or a nice '04 M-B CLK convertible or a BMW 330Ci convertible. First guy that comes along willing to pay $10,000 will be the proud owner of a very nice S2000.

1235»