Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Avalanche Towing Questions

cdlvjcdlvj Member Posts: 2
Have 2011 Avalanche and 26 ft travel trailer. It simply will not tow the trailer.
I have checked the harness, no brakes on, parking brake off, Park, engine running, and I have voltage coming accross brake controller pin and ground.

This cannot be right, would think that it should be zero, ie the unit is pulling the trailer with its brakes on.

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    cdlvj,
    Have you spoke with your dealer? If not, I would recommend doing so. Please keep me updated on your situation.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • cdlvjcdlvj Member Posts: 2
    I have been to our dealer, and another GM. They say nothing is wrong.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    cdlvj,
    Please email me with your complete contact information including a good number to reach you, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • 2003ava2003ava Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have a 2003 1500 Z71 Avalanche. My problem is as follows:
    I have checked the under hood fuse panel, there is a 30 amp in stud 2. There are terminals mounted on the two studs nearest to the engine. The battery 12v is hooked up via a 6 or 8 mm bolt, that is located towards the battery, closest to the engine. The stud nearest the battery and nearest to the fender is unused. Everything else in my 7 pin is working, except for the 12v.. After searching here on the Silverado side, there is some mention that a 40 amp fuse should be in stud 1, sound correct to you? I believe there is a red plastic dummy fuse in this location. I do not have a controller installed at this time, to my experience that should not be a factor.
  • chaumont1chaumont1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 avalange and wondering if i can pull a 5th wheel idid not buy one yet i am looking