Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Optima Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks for the input igorr35. I appreciate it. Tax on it is about $25/month so essentially the payment is $365 but with $2000 down. I will try a couple other dealers but am running out of time, wanted to buy before year end in hopes of a better deal.
    CarMan, what are you seeing for payments on the SXL these days? I used your advice on my last lease and got a great deal on my ML350, looking for the same now. Thanks!
  • Hi igorr35. Kia Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Optima SX with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi strikerzs14. The dealer invoice price of the car that you described is around $25,765. If we subtract the $1,000 lease cash incentive and $1,000 conquest cash that is currently available on it from that it drops to around $23,765. The selling price that you were quoted is below that and the money factor that you were quoted looks good. This looks like a great deal to me. If you like the car, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Just picked up a new 2013 optima lx
    base model, only options were $115 floor mats and $39 ipod cord
    the sticker price was around $22,200 i believe

the residual was 57%
    money factor was low....0001....or something like that..very similar to other lease posts
    got lease bonus money and competive owner rebate which the dealer applies as a cap cost reduction

our county sales tax is 8.75%...and the lease showed i paid a total of $975 in NYS and county taxes.
    I did need new plates as this was an additional car for a family member

so the negotiated price was $212.97 for 39 months, 1,000 miles per month allowance, $.20 overage, it was done thru kia leasing company

the only money at closing was $130 for new plates and NYS vehicle registration and the first month payment.. no down payment, no other money down

(so i owed 38 remaining lease payments,,,which is on the lease contract)

i think this is a good price. what does everyone think.

also dealer provides free oil changs for as long as i lease the car/own it.

I would be happy to refer you over to my car dealer....they were terrific

i am in buffalo ny
  • Hi
    Go to Yonkers Kia,ask for Joe P or Rich Palmeri. They'll take care of you.I bought my 2013 Optima EX there. Tell them Gregg sent you.
  • I just picked up a new Kia Optima SX Turbo from Broadway Kia in Portland. I paid $212 at signing and I got a monthly payment of $265. 12k a year for 39 months. The dealer included a big lease incentive because I switched from the Toyota brand. My last car was totaled so I needed to get something quickly and I am really happy that I chose this car. I used a pretty cool lease tool to negotiate with. It gave me a lease score and all I had to do was make sure it increased as I negotiated. It was free and called shrewd lease. The optima drives so much better than my last car.
  • joe24joe24 Posts: 12
    Did your price include tax and motor vehicles? I am working on a deal for an Optima Ex lease, white, premium and tech package. MSRP was $28,900 or so. I got it for $248/month with $1,700 out of pocket for 39 months and 12k. The prices include first month, tax (7%), title, plates, etc...

I though it was a decent deal. I got the competitive bonus.
  • joe24joe24 Posts: 12
    I think I could have gotten him down to $235 or so but it was for my daughter and she loved the car and they knew it. Next time i leave her home :). Great car.
  • It included all of the fees, taxes and registration and plates, but there is no sales tax in Oregon :) Broadway Kia did the deal.
  • therastheras Posts: 44
    Last week I leased a 2012 Optima Hybrid Tech package. True 0 at signing, $307 per month including 9% sales tax in PA. The sticker was $32,550. 39 month lease with 12K.

What a great car and outstanding buying experience. This forum was quite a help.

Thanks,

TheRas900
  • haggardhaggard Posts: 63
    edited January 2013
    Can you share the name of your dealer? We leased a 2012 EX last March, got hit by someone who ran a stop sign, and the car was totaled. Need to get a new one real quick and my local dealer has only two in stock, not what we are looking for.

Thanks.
    Hello AGAIN, Car_man!

Do you have the mf and residual for the 2013 EX for 36 or 39 months (whichever KIA is supporting) and 15K miles per year. Also, do you know if the lease cash and loyalty rebate are still available and at what amounts?

As I posted in #347, our leased 2012 is gone in less than a year and, as we need to replace it, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Sure haggard. It was Murray Kia in Conshohockin. Ask for Roger for a great quote.
  • Hi,

I would like to lease a 2013 Kia Optima EX w/ premium package and wanted to know if anyone knew of any deals in Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, etc. Also, how much should I be paying a month for a lease with no money down and I would like to have the taxes included in the monthly lease payment.

I was offered a deal on a 2013 VW Jetta SE w/convenience for $270 a month, 36 months, 10K miles per year, free maintenance + $590 for taxes and DMV fees. I hear mix reviews on the Jetta and my first choice is the Kia Optima..but when I went to the dealer 2 months ago it was approx. $300 a month = taxes and dmv fees for 36 months, and no maintenance deals for the Kia.

This is my first time leasing and honestly I'm fed up. I have been to Hyundain (Elantra), Nissan (Altima), Kia and VW.

Please help!! I want a goood car, great mileage, leahther heated seats, sunroof under $270 a month.

Thanks!
    Thank you, TheRas900! I'm only an hour from them. Will definitely let them know of your referral.

Enjoy your new Optima. We were completely happy with ours for the whole time we had it. The mileage never was quite as hyped, but it was still much better on gas than we what we had, and everything else about the car more than made up for it.

Thanks, again!
    Thanks Haggard, I'm loving the car so far.

Good luck with Murray, I was completely satisfied with my experience there and they have a nice selection.
  • Hey haggard. Kia Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Optima EX with 15,000 miles per year are .00105 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Kia is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in most areas. There is a $1,000 owner loyalty cash incentive on it as well.

Car_man
    Host
    edited January 2013
    Thank you Car_man!

FYI - The 15K miles residual appears to be 2% lower than for 12K. If so, and with additional miles @ .20/mile, it might make some sense to do the deal at 12K and pay for the extra if and when I use them.

As of now, my best deal is on an EX Base w/only cargo mat, cargo net, and rear bumper applique, 39 months, 15K miles, $0 out of pocket, true sign and drive. The details:

MSRP: 24,495.00
    Sale Price: 22,500.00
    Costs Added: 1,090.00 (595, Acq, 1st pmt, TL and dealer fees)
    Incentives: 2,000.00 (1K loyalty, 1K lease cash
    Adj Cap Cost: 21,590.00
    Residual: 13,227.00
    Money Factor: .00105
    Term: 39
    Sales Tax %: 9.0 (PA sales & use)

Monthly Pmt: 273.58 (250.99 + 22.59 tax)

What do you think?
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    REF: 354
    I'll chime in. I think that is a very good deal. Any time you can get below $11 per 1000 of MSRP you are doing well.

Carman...I need mf and residual for the LX version, 12k /year...
    Thanks Pegasus17.

I thought so too, but I read so many posts of deals much better (without details mostly), and it is good to get opinions of people who have been there, done that.

I ran the numbers on 12K miles, would put me at $260/month, saving about $513 over the term of the lease. That would buy 2565 miles at .20/mile. So, I think that the more prudent route, rather than pay upfront for miles we may not use.
    I ran your numbers in a lease calculator and get 260.44 for the 12k (56%) option. I did not adjust the additional cap costs (1090) so the true number should be a bit lower. Still a deal.
    I am looking at the LX with the new convenience PLUS pkg that includes a rear backup camera. These sedans today are so high in the rear that you can't see anything so the camera seems like a smart safety tool.
    Good Luck with your deal!
  • Howdy y'all!

Any chance I could get the figures for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Kia Optima SX-L with 15,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,054
    That would buy 2565 miles at .20/mile.

A 39 month lease at 15K/yr, gives you 9750 miles for that same amount..

So, your break even point is anything over 12,855 mi/yr.....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hey Car_man or any hosts,

Can you guys post Kia Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 1 36/39 month lease of a 2013 Kia Optima SX-L with 12,000 miles and 15,000 miles with top credit tier?

Thank you very much!!!
  • bsc1114bsc1114 Posts: 25
    Hi- I just leased an Optima SXL-Snow White- every option- no money down (just taxes,etc) 39 months/12k miles per yr. In NJ. $325 per month
  • Hey Honda_ig,

Can you tell me more about your break down? is $325 before or after tax? What is the Selling Price, Car Residual Value, and Money Factor?

Thanks!
  • mxw128mxw128 Posts: 3
    Hello all, great board!! I need some help though.... I'm currently in a 2011 optima hybrid lease that I'm looking to swap out. Buyout is 19700 and I believe I could get around $22k private sale ( according to KBB, that's between good and fair ). The dealer offered me a base optima sx ( no options at all) lease with only the first payment up front with the trade in for $371/month for 15k miles a year and a 3 year lease. From what I just read here that doesn't seem like a great deal ( he's claiming its a great deal)... Is it?

Thoughts? I'm in VA our sales and use tax is 3%.
    Doesn't look good on its face. Get the Edmunds pricing info and the money factor and residual from earlier posts in the thread. Plug it into a lease calculator (I use leaseguide.com) without any allowance for the trade. For starters, use the Edmunds invoice price as your base cap cost (selling price before rebates) Current rebates are $1K loyalty, 1K lease cash, and, in my area at least, $500 auto show.

See what your payment is in that scenario. If you still want to trade, remember that the dealer is not going to give you retail for the trade if he is selling (leasing) you the new car at invoice, or even slightly higher. His best offer on selling price will vary from what you see here, based on the competition, inventory, etc. I never get the best price I find here, because there is little competition and inventory in my area.

I personally don't see the benefit of trading a car with significant equity. Make your best cash deal and sell the trade if you can, imho. ;)
    REF: 363
    Curious as to why you aren't just finishing the lease of the KOH? I am in a similar situation with a 2011 Sonata lease and although i have some positive equity (value - payoff), I am not ready to do an early sale/turn-in. I have been surprised that every dealer i tell my story to says they can get me more money for my Sonata now rather than waiting 2-3 months. they are hungry.

As far as your lease, I always shoot for less than $11 per $1000 of msrp as a guide for a standard 36mo/12k lease. The lease calculators are also good if you are math inclined (most people are not, sadly).
  • mxw128mxw128 Posts: 3
    so is the money factor and residual %s different by trim or by model (so all the optimas would be the same?)

This is one place i noticed a difference with the offer I have, the residuals and money factors the dealer used don't match what I've seen here, but they did vary slightly between the two SXs he showed me (one a base model and one with the premium package)
This discussion has been closed.