Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Optima Lease Questions

Comments

• xfmxfm Posts: 4
    Hi all,

My bad. Meant 2013 EX/Premium/Tech in my OP, not LX. Looking to cut a deal this coming week and had hoped to get the benefit of additional knowledge and experience from the forum members to help me get the best deal.

Any guidance? Please?
  • aussie333aussie333 Posts: 3
    Just turned in my 2012 SX model and went with the new Pearl White 2013 SXL. Had the dealer remove all signs, badges linking to KIA and Optima and replace with the Tigress badges all with no cost to me. I get looks all the time and people are asking, what kind of car is this? Funny. The LED DDL are awesome and well as the new chrome tirs. Really a sharp lookimng car
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Ryan. Kia Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Optima LX with 15,000 miles per year are .00026 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome theras.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm jealous, I want one too :cry:
  • jlkhjlkh Posts: 12
    Do you have the lease numbers for the 2013 Optima SXL, 10k or 12k miles, 36 mos., in Illinois? Are there any other incentives on this vehicle?
  • Does anyone have the lease numbers for a 2013 Optima EX, preferably 36 month-15k yr? I'm assuming the ones just posted for the LX a few days ago haven't changed much.

Thanks in advance!
  • I just leased a 2013 Optima EX with the premium package from CT dealership (live in NY). I put zero down; everything was rolled into payments including DMV fees so basically a true sign and drive. And they paid my first month. 15,000 miles per year for 36 months. I got it for $330 a month.

What does everyone think?
  • Does that include taxes?
  • Yes - that included everything.

Good?
    Hi, posted a few weeks ago, but no replies. Anyone out there to help?

:
    Jul 25, 2012 (2:43 pm)
    Hi all,

Newbie to this forum and Kia, but a veteran leaser (Lexus, Infiniti, Jaguar, 4xAcura) going back to 1993. Hoping to be a new Kia owner (well, leaser) soon!

My wife's Acura TSX goes back off lease soon. She absolutely LOVES the new Optima. Almost ready to pull the trigger on a lease deal for a 2013 EX/Premium/Tech.

Deal parameters:

MSRP: $28,625
    Sell Price: $26,900 - $1,000 Kia Lease Cash = $25,900
    Residual: 61%
    Money Factor: .00187

I have a few questions:

1) I am told by the dealer that the additional competitive rebate of $1,000 for the TSX is only available for 2012 LX, not 2013. True??

2) Previous mention was made by a Sales Manager at the same dealership of an additional "Tier 1 Credit" rebate/cashback/credit of $740. Now told by "another" Sales Manager no such thing. Any knowledge/comment/advice from the forum?

3) I keep seeing quotes of money factors from other posters on this forum of numbers with "triple zeros" after the decimal. It makes my quote of .00187 seem usurious. Again, any comment/advice?

Hope to be a regular on this forum if I can make this deal work to my satisfaction.
    Here's the information that you're looking for jlkh. Kia Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Optima SX with 12,000 miles per year are .00117 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dbgarri2. Kia Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Optima EX with 15,000 miles per year are .00153 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is currently a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello xfm. What you were told by the dealer is not correct. I believe that the $1,000 conquest cash incentive on the Optima is available on both the 2012 and the 2013 models.

Kia is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 Optima. I am not familiar with the Tier 1 Credit that you mentioned.

Kia Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of this car is .00153 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. This is the lowest possible factor available.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Thanks for the numbers. I drove home a base EX last night with $900 down (first months' payment and fees ONLY) and a monthly payment of $213.

Couldn't be happier...thanks again!
    Thanks so much Car_man,

I think the sales manager doubletalked me with the 'Tier 1 Credit' incentive. I had never heard of it and have been unable to confirm it at any other Kia dealers or online. it doesn't seem to exist.

I assume that the conquest cash (if applicable) and lease cash can be combined to reduce cap cost on a lease deal. Correct?

I'm just about ready to return to the local dealer to propose a deal:

2013 EX Premium/Tech 36mo/12K
    MSRP: $28625
    Sell Price: $26621
    Less: $1000 Kia Lease Cash
    Less: Customer Cap Cost Reduction: $1700
    Plus: Fees/Taxes (Capitalized): $1897
    Total Cap Cost: $25818
    MF: .00153
    Monthly Payment: $295
    Total Due at Signing: $1995 ($1700+$295)

Note: If $1K Conquest applies, MP would go to $265

Can you provide a sanity check for my numbers?

Do you think this is a realistic proposal?

Thanks,

Xavier
  • betamu1932betamu1932 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I am looking at leasing the 2013 optima ex w/the premium& tech packages and was curious to know what the current Mf and residual is for that trim. I am in nyc and have never leased a vehicle before, do any other info you can give would be helpful.

I am looking to do the 24 month, 15 or 12k mile lease

Thanks
  • zevyzevy Posts: 1
    Hey all,

in the middle of negotiating now for an optima EX w premium pkg. So far after offering to trade in my car (value= 1500 on edmunds) the dealer wants 300 down(includes first month), 259/month thereafter including all fees/taxes.

Whatya think?
  • bgkobbgkob Posts: 4
    That seems very similar to what I just did with my EX premium package lease that I closed on yesterday. I brought my beat up 2007 Kia Spectra LX (ripped seat, missing trim piece, tore back seat arm rests, and more probs) that they gave me $5000 for on trade, but i still owed $3400. So they took that $1600 positive from the trade and applied it to the TTL fees and the first month of my lease payment (you got first month free so I guess adjust on that) and to the cap cost.

Then, they gave me $500 cash back, which I thought was pretty sweet. I think they did that because they were quoting me on email and phone calls for the past few weeks that they could do EX/premium pkg lease for $250 a month......My final, exact lease payment is $260 month, 36 month, 12,000 miles a year. So when I saw the $260 final payment on the printed off invoice I acted a little upset and the sales manager tossed me the $500 cash right at the close.

I got the bright silver metallic with the beige leather. It's awesome, I love it. The only thing, and I want to open this up to everyone in here, is they really pushed hard when I went in to pick the car up to get the Tire & Wheel insurance package. It was going to push my lease payment from $260 up to $279 a month. I had to say no like 4 different ways before they gave up on it. It must be a big commish pull for the finance guys. I see the worth in it, but I have a friend who owns a tire/auto shop and I am more than confident in my eBay skills to track down OEM exact replacement parts and install them myself if push comes to shove. Thoughts on this "Tire & Wheel Packg"?? I guess the nicks and dings part would be nice to have peace of mind on that stuff...idk.
    You're very welcome dbgarri2. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • dmunizdmuniz Posts: 16
    Hi Carman,

Can you please tell me the August NY (zip 11003) lease money factor and residual value for the following:

- 2012 Kia Optima EX, 12,000 miles 36 mos

- 2012 Kia Optima SX, 12,000 miles 36 mos
    Absolutely dmuniz. Kia Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Optima EX with 12,000 miles per year are .00062 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an Optima SX are .00033 and 53%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmunizdmuniz Posts: 16
    Hi, sorry Car Man,

Can you give me the figures for the 2013 Kia Ex and SX also?

I seem to forget that 2013's are out.

Thanks alot.
  • crowanrcrowanr Posts: 2
    When does Kia finalize the rebate amounts for next month (After Sept 4)? Is that info already out? Is there any reason to believe that rebates will be less or more than current? I'm looking to buy the SX without the limited.
  • steevosteevo Posts: 339
    Car_man do you have the MF and Residuals for the 2013 Kia Optima SX L 24/36 and 15000 miles?
    Thanks
  • I need to know if this is a good deal:

2013 Optima SX w/ Touring Package
    Dealer Appearance Package $795 (Pinstripe, etc)
    Acquistion: $795
    Total MSRP: 30,575

FL Sales tax 6.0%

Dealer is paying off my current lease payments totaling $1,750

No Money Down except first month payment.

36mo/12k Lease @ $379/mo (Tax Included)

Is this a good deal? I am not sure what they are using as a Cap Cost or Money Factor.
  • I second steevo's query. September rates, mayhaps? Thanks in advance.
  • Seems good to me, did you check out the 2013 SXL? I have the white SXL and it is a very good looking car.
  • I love the white SXL! What kind of deal did you get? I am guessing my payments would be way over $400/mo which is not something I want to do.
  • Hi steevo. Kia Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Optima Sedan SX with 15,000 miles per year are .00062 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that Kia is currently providing support on 2-year leases of this car.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.