Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Impala traction control light & engine light

13»

Comments

• While driving my 2009 Chevrolet impala at about 35 mph, my car instantly reduced speed and the traction control and powered reduced to engine light displayed. My car reduced speed to about 10 mph and I couldn't accelerate anymore. I began coasting. I drove directly to the dealership and was charged $400 to "fix" the problem.
  • rphill08rphill08 Clarkston MIPosts: 4
    That figures the dealer charged $400. and the same repair cost me $250. at a local certified repair facility.
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,454
    rphill08 said:

That figures the dealer charged $400. and the same repair cost me $250. at a local certified repair facility.

I think it may depend on what repair was done, I have seen about 5 different causes for reduced engine power message and resulting additionnal messages it creates

• rphill08rphill08 Clarkston MIPosts: 4
    I had my accelerator pedal sensor replaced to resolve this issue.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,193
    rphill08 said:

I had my accelerator pedal sensor replaced to resolve this issue.

Did you receive our private message, rphill08? Please feel free to let us know if you have any further concerns.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
13»