Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hello cmcewen2. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for it. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your vehicle's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. If the selling price that you are being given is $1,000 over invoice like you indicated, it is reasonable as well. The bank fee that you are being charged is a little high though. BMW FS' current base lease acquisition fee is only $625. Other than that, this deal looks good.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Greetings mapperman. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

When negotiating a lease, the two most important numbers to focus on are your vehicle's selling price and its money factor. These ate the two main profit centers for dealers. Negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the X3 that you want and then have the dealer calculate its lease payment using BMW Financial Services' "buy rate" lease money factor. This car's current buy rate is .00185. It is important to make sure that this is the number that is being used to calculate your truck's lease payment because BMW dealers are notorious for marking vehicles' money factors up to add additional back-end profit to deals.

If you want to trade in your Volvo, treat it as a separate transaction. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". When you trade in your car, have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. It is in your best interest not to make large down payments when leasing because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears.

Well, that covers the basics. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • edeveredever Posts: 1
    What are the current lease rates for the X3? I saw that there were some lease specials, but I'd like to know the breakdown, i.e. residual, money factor and so forth. Supposed to be good through Aug 31 I think.

Thanks!
  • kptaylorkptaylor Posts: 4
    I'm also interested in the current money factors and residual rates on X3's. Specifically, I'm looking at a 24 month lease with 20K miles per year. Not sure if you can get this or if you have to buy miles to get it...

Any help Car man is appreciated!
  • tc9897tc9897 Posts: 6
    I just got my new lease on X3 yesterday...

Residual rates:
    78% for 24-month, 10k/yr
    77% for 24-month, 12k/yr
    68% for 364-month, 10k/yr
    67% for 36-month, 12k/yr

money factor (good til 8/31): .00195 (seems to have gone up a bit from .00185)
  • Car_Man,
    I'd really appreciate your assistance with this one. I'm in the midwest, Kansas City region. I'd like to lease a standard X3 with heated seats and privacy glass added.

According to Edmunds.com

Retail: 38345
    TMV: 36864
    Invoice: 35140

I'd like a 39-44 month lease with 12k of miles.

Current posted internet special is 36 month 379 / month. With 3800 up front.

I think 366 / month for the X3 described above is fair with around 1800 drive off total for the lease I'm looking for. Is this realistic? What numbers do I need to present to the dealer in order to make this happen?

Thanks in advance! I appreciate any assistance anyone can provide as I'm a newbie to the leasing world.
  • babsnycbabsnyc Posts: 1
    I put a down payment on an X3 on Saturday to "hold" a specific vehicle. I was told that I could change my mind and get the deposit back.

I am pretty sure I want the car, but don't know if I am getting a good deal. It is in NYC (Manhattan). Of course, I was notified today that the car will land in Newark by this weekend, I have been approved for the lease and I can get the car next week. The price of the vehicle is $39,235. The money factor is .00195. The residual rate is 67%. For a 36 month/10,000 mile a year lease, I was offered $449 month with $3155.08 due at signing (sales tax at 8.375%, down payment of $625, tax on down payment of $52.34, MV fees and inspection $225, and refundable security deposit of $450).

Does this sound okay or have I been a bubblehead?

Babsnyc
  • dsnow77dsnow77 Posts: 3
    does this sound like a rock bottom deal? please let me know if i have any room to ask them to lower the down payment with keeping the payments the same.

this is what i have been quoted on a base model X3.

Im in Southern California (orange county)

Pricing:
    MSRP is $38,395.00 - leasing Cap Cost is $36,895 (includes Floor Mats)

Money Factor & Residula Value:
    MF - .00210 (No Security Deposit) Residual - 78% for 24 month lease

24 months
    $2900 drive off fees
    $422.75/month including tax

they also said:
    "Remember - the maintanance is included with all of our BMW purchases - that averages about $50 to $60 per month."
    not sure what that means.
  • diyediye Posts: 45
    I believe you still have room to negociate.

I leased an X3 three months ago.

MSRP $41000.
    39month, 12k/year.
    $2900 drive off, with a security deposit ( actually that's a good thing, means I will get it back later)
    $400.00/month including tax

It's a (much) better deal than yours, even though I know that money factor has increased since.
  • dsnow77dsnow77 Posts: 3
    diye,
    can you list what dealership you went to for this deal?
  • diyediye Posts: 45
    Crevier BMW in Santa Ana, CA
  • bargamonbargamon Posts: 302
    I am thinking about a euro delivery the end of december.

What better way to get a new car then to pick it up and drive 4 hrs to Davos in the alps to ski over Christmas holiday!

Does euro delivery make sense for a lease? It should reduce the price on the cap cost, right?

Can I expect to negotiate a price and then the Euro delivery discount?

They say give 4 months delivery time so We talking the end of August for assured December pickup.

When might we begin ordering on the 07's?

Would current lease rates and residuals apply to o7's?

Im not going to do a stupid lease. I can also look at a 5 series sedan or 3 series wagon. As long as I can get a manual transmission I will be happy. Might need X-Drive in the alps!
  • mappermanmapperman Posts: 3
    Hey there. Is this a good deal???

X3 price: 40,695
    residual: 31,335
    term: 24 months
    12,000 miles/yr.

payment: 568.62

that is with a BMW 4.68% MF .00195

that is -0- down payment
    I cough up the title fee, reg fee, doc fee and first month payment which equals...786.62 out the door.
    the car salesman said we could come down a couple thousand on the price of the car. Is that reasonable ???

Thanks

p.s. thanks for the responses from an earlier post of mine.
    Hi edever. BMW Financial Services' current 36 month, 12,000 mile peer year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 X3 3.0i are .00195 and 67%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi kptaylor. BMW Financial Services' current 24 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 X3 are .00195 and 75%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest residual value that BMW publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome nebusa_futbol. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let's say that you were able to get this truck for $500 over dealer invoice. At that price, your 36 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment for a lease through BMW Financial Services would be around $396. I calculated this lease without a capitalized cost reduction because it is in your best interest not to make one. If your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Babsnyc. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for it. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your vehicle's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

I would be happy to share my opinion on this truck's selling price with you, but it would be a big help if you would provide me with its full MSRP first. This will show me how much of a discount you are being given. Make sure to stop by the following discussion for additional information on how much you should pay for this truck: "BMW X3: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey mapperman. I would be happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you. I assume that the price that you mentioned is this truck's selling price. Do you know what its full MSRP is? Knowing both of these numbers will show us how much of a discount you are being given and it will enable us to use BMW's actual lease program to estimate what your truck's monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mappermanmapperman Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man. thanks for the response.
    the lease worksheet that was printed out for me with all the figures states a MSRP of $40,695. The car the salesman was basing this estimate on was $41,500, I believe.

I have another question for you. I was debating on trading in my 2005 volvo v50 awd for this lease. the bluebook wholesale/retail printout they gave me states $25,050/29,170 respectively. They stated my car is only worth $23,500 trade. Is this negotiable and how does giving me more money for my car play into the MSRP of the X3. If they are not going to budge from the $23,500 for my car, I would need to cough up some money.
    So, to lease the X3 and sell my car myself? Hmmm.
    thanks
  • gtregergtreger Posts: 5
    I am looking to lease a 2006 BMW x3 MSRP is $39,445. i am looking for a 36 month lease. how do i determine what the BMW money factor and residual are? i believe these are set by BMW financing and not by the individual dealer. any suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.