Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Greetings mbright1. For a newbie to the world of leasing, you did a great job at finding out all of the important information about the truck that you are interested in leasing. First let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. A base 2006 BMW X3 has a spread of a little over $3,100 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $1,500 on the specific model that you are considering leasing. I personally would want a little larger discount on a leftover 2006 X3 this late in the model year, but I suspect that the level of competition is not nearly as high in Oklahoma City as it is in my neck of the woods. If there are any other BMW dealers around you can always see if you can negotiate a slightly larger discount. If you can't, at least try to get the dealer that you are working with to eliminate the acquisition fee mark-up and to use BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00195 to calculate your X3's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi santainbox. Ash gave you great advice. The only thing that I'd add to it is that BMW made a fairly significant enhancement to the 2007 X3's lease program for the month of October. It's new buy rate lease money factor is .00200. Make sure that you get the dealer that you are working with to use this factor to calculate your truck's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 145
    hello Car_man

Kdfyx just said on the other forum that the 36/15k residuals for the '06 and '07 X3 were virtually identical. 65%. For purposes of clarification, could you confirm for me what the RVs are for the '07 for 36/12k and 36/15k? The usual 2% higher for 12k? Gotta run my numbers!

Acq fee still $625 on the 07s? Also, do you know what BMW's typical disposition fee is at the end of their leases, if any? I've never leased a BMW before.

Thanks!
  • I just got back from the BMW dealership. I didn't ask questions other than this is the car I want and I would like to know what it will cost for leasing. I did not negotiate at all. It is a 2007 X3 with CW, Premium, Sport...MSRP is 38K with add-ons it is 46.5K
    Wanted 24 and 36 month numbers
    Deal:
    1.6K down
    24 month at 15K miles = 843 to 854
    36 month at 15K miles = 751 to 769

I know not asking the right questions or negotiating is the wrong approach, but I was just curious to see the results. After looking at some of the deals on this site, these numbers seem outrageous...am I right or wrong? I have since asked for the money factor and residual that they are using to calculate this payment and whether or not it includes all additional fees/taxes.
  • Additional Information...I asked for residual/money factor...along with X5 information with same options....

Reply from dealer:
    I put together some numbers on the X5 3.0 for you. The best lease on the X5 is for 36 months.

36 months 15,000 miles per year:

$850.00 per month with $1,600.00 down at signing. The residual is 56% and the rate factor is .00240. The rate is better on this one than on the 2007 X3.

The rate on that one 65% for 36 months, with the rate factor being .00255. The X5 list for $51,118.00, so it is a few thousand more than the X3.

CKnodle
    cknodle.....You serious about getting one? If you are, and if you enjoy running your own numbers to see what's possible, then you have to negotiate the selling price, which, when you add in the acquisition fee, will become your capitalized cost. Be aware, the dealer will try to jack up the acq fee and the money factor to make hidden profit.

Remember too, that any down payment is just $$ up front rather than put into a payment.

So let us know what they say on this go around.
  • jxtaijxtai Posts: 9
    Just got this from my dealer,MSRP $44,705 for premium package, sport package,added rear door airbags, automatic and metallic paint. Got it for $42,705 for sell price. With 78% residual and 0.002 money factor for 24 months. I got it for $510 per month(tax included). No money down. How is this number? Good?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,613
    Looks really good.. How much due at signing?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

$1503.73 due at signing which include first month, plate and bank fee.
    $2K off MSRP this early in the year is very good... base money factor also... and a very good lease program from BMWFS....

What's not to like? :)

I think so too.. for 24 months and the 36 months at the same money factor, it is amazing. For $2.00 extra per month on the 24 months, I rather take the 24 months. I am ordering it right now. :P
    jxtai.....very sweet deal. What city and dealer? i'm going to be right behind you if it's a CA dealer.
    Sorry, is in NJ.
    Bummer. BTW, was that 24 mo. residual for a 12k or 15k lease?

• About to lock in the following '07 X3 lease:

MSRP= 44,500
    Price = 42,100
    24 mos/10k miles
    3K down/acq. cost of 825
    Payment = 323/mo.(plus 5% Mass tax)=339/mo.

This seems like a very good deal-is it?????? :confuse:

btw: car is base X3 with premium pack plus heated ft. seats and wheel w/metallic pt.

Not sure about the money factor-looks like it needs to be .00075 using a residual of 78%-is this possible?

What am I missing here?

Supposed to sign today-thanks for any help!
  • yhmhyhmh Posts: 2
    Can I have the dealership name? I'm in NJ too and gonna lease an X3 soon and really appreciate if you could tell more details such as options and add-ons. Thanks.
  • I sure can, billmv. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X3 with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 65%, respectively. Yes, if you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year as usual, its residual value would be 2% higher. BMW FS' acquisition fee is still $625 as well. I believe that BMW FS charges a disposition fee of $350.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi cknodle. The payments that you were quoted sound a little high to me. I would be happy to give you a more detailed analysis of this deal if you provide me with this truck's MSRP and selling price. These are very important numbers for you as a consumer to know. They show you how much of a discount you are bring given and when combined with BMW's actual lease program they enable you to estimate what your vehicle's monthly payment should be. Find out what these numbers are and I'll let you know what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey CKnodle. The money factor that you were quoted to lease this X5 is way too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 X5 3.0 is only .00185 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00200 with the deposit waived. When negotiating your lease on an '06 X5 3.0, make sure to take the $2,500 dealer cash that BMW is providing on it into account. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.