Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• addiaddi Posts: 33
    Thank you so much for the info. I did not realise the M.F.
    was good through 4/2/07. The dealer let on that he locked me in for 60 days. You have been a great help to me through this period. Tomorrow, 3/6/07 I get my 525i inspected and will turn it back in 3/31/07. This was my first lease and without your help and my digging in through BMWFS and the dealer this would not have been a good experience. Again many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jimaboodjimabood Posts: 3
    I'm looking at an x3. MSRP is 46,620. Invoice according to Edmonds is 42,435. Sale price is 44,320. Money factor is .0255 with 67% residual on 24 mo/12k lease. I'm putting down 3k plus 2,600 in fees resulting in a payment of $458/mo. They have suggested that i go with 12k miles instead of 15k because should I go over I can call up to 4 mo. from lease termination and increase mileage, and pay an increased amount of aproximately $40/mo for the last four months if I go over (6,000 est. overage).
  • t_hot_ho Posts: 1
    Hey, first new car and first experience with leasing. I met with the Internet Sales Manager today and he offered the below. I would greatly appreciate any help in this process. Noticed when walking around afterwards that there are only 3 X3's on the lot and have heard from several sources that they are leasing very quickly in the area (Winter Park, FL...just outside of Orlando). Said he would not move on the price or Money Factor.

X3 - premium package,xenon headlights, bluetooth, privacy glass, metallic paint.etc

-36 month, 15K miles/year
    -MSRP-44,270
    -Sell price = $41,970
    -MF = 0.00225
    -Residual: 65%
    -Tax, tag, title: $339
    -Document fee: $300
    -Acquisition fee: did not state in initial meeting.
    -Security deposit: $580

Lease: $530 before taxes.

What do you think of this deal?
  • jojo718jojo718 Posts: 7
    I am new to this site and currently in my first lease. I currently have an 04' X3 w. about 16K on it in it's final year of a 3 year/ 30k mile lease; my first question would be if BMW has some sort of reinbursement or benifit to me for the added value due to the lower mileage????

Second question would be if anyone has used their BMW C.C. benifits toward their current lease - "up to 5ktowards your lease" - is this as simple and straight forward as it is presented????

I love the fact that this website exists - I have read the posts for some time now. This is my first post and it has been coming for some time now..My current lease is up in Sept. 07' and I intend on releasing another X3... hopefully by then the new 3 series 300 hp engine will be an option.

One last question - sorry - do you reciweve the same discounts when you order a custom X3????
    Thanx for the help, you guys are a great resource....
  • drews1drews1 Posts: 1
    Hello all, I'm looking to lease a 07 X3 w/ MSRP $43920 and sell price of $41600. What is the proper money factor and residual % that I should be looking for on a 36month 12K year lease with zero down? What would the payment be based on these factors?

Thank you for your help and a wonderful site....
  • lasher30lasher30 Posts: 18
    Would like all of your expert opinions on this lease offer I got...

Titanium Metallic Silver, 6-speed auto, Premium Package, Heated seats and wheel, privacy glass, Xenon.
    MSRP: $43,420.00
    Lease Payment: $595
    Lease Length: 24
    Miles/Year: 10,000
    Cap Cost: $42,614
    Acquisition Fee: $825
    Doc Fees: $180
    Money Factor: 0.00200
    Residual: 78%
    Due at signing: $1,218 (incl. $550 SD)
  • kevin88gtkevin88gt Posts: 16
    you would be overpaying...I priced the car with the same MSRP and got a deal of coser to 500 bucks a month.... shop around...it seems you ONLY got an 800 dollar discount..
    Thanks. I just started researching over the weekend. Did you get a 24 mo lease as well? What was your cap cost (if you don't mind me asking)?
    What would be a good monthly payment if I want to lease a loaded X3. MSRP $45K+ (sport and premium pkg), 24 mo, 10K/yr, no cap reduction. Is $550 possible?

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,943
    BMW has a great 24 month lease program on the X3 right now..

$500/mo. + tax, with only 1st payment, security deposit and title/license fees upfront should be no problem on a $45K unit for 24mo/20K lease..

With some serious shopping, you might even knock $15-$20/mo. off of that...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kevin88gtkevin88gt Posts: 16
    kyfdx can you provide us with a source of your info about this BMW lease? thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,943
    2yr/20K lease..

78% residual
    .0020 money factor

Subtract 1% from residual for 24K miles

Subtract 3% from residual for 30K miles

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I just put a deposit down for an X3. Thanks to all your posts, I saved over $2K on my 24-mo lease. The deal isn't the best(I tried, kyfdx), but I am satisfied.

Thanks again. :D
  • prothproth Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease a 2007 X3 for 36 months. What is the money factor BMW is using for the next 60 days starting on April 1.
    I need to have my dealer install a 2" trailer hitch on the X3 I will be getting. What is a fair price for them to charge me for the hitch and its installation? Can this amount be added to the cap cost of the car and then be "residualized" at the same rate as the car?
  • I was only able to get some of the info that people usually post here, but for an x3 with metalic paint, auto, premium package, cold weather package, idrive nav and privacy glass, MSRP $44,950 I got them to offer me a 30 month lease through BMW financing for $2495.83 due at signing, $516.82/month, including taxes and fees.

Did I do ok? They started at over $560/mo but there are 3 dealers very close to me so it was easy to play one against the other. I'm still giving the business to the guy I started out with, and did my test drives with, but I did beat him up on the pricing.

Thanks for your input!
    MC
  • cincyartcincyart Posts: 15
    My dealer quoted me over $900 installed. I had a hitch company do it for $225 !
  • z0rglubz0rglub Posts: 1
    The dealer in the area just got an 2006 X3 from the loaner dept with 7000 miles on it. How would a lease work on it? Can I use the same recommended parameters for new models.

Sticker:$39,509
    Sales Price: trying to get it for $32,000
    MF: 0.002 ???
    Terms: 36 months, 12K miles a year
    Residual: 65% ???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
  • siusidesiuside Posts: 6
    Car_Man, Kyfdx, other experts, please advice.

Base Price = 38K

Premium Package = 2550
    18"Wheels = 500
    Comfort Seats = 1000
    Heated Front Seats = 500
    Gray Polar Wood Trim = 0
    Nav System = 1800( really ? , i dont even need this)
    BMW Assist = 750
    Privacy Glass = 350
    Metallic Paint = 475
    Leather Upholstery = 1450

MSRP = 44,950
    Selling Price = 44,050

Rate/Money Factor = 0.00215
    Residual = 67% = $30,585.50
    $0 down ( i insisted on this after reading initially about lease deals)

$606.95/month for 36 months with 12K miles/year.

Is this a good deal? what kind of discounts/price adjustments should i be requesting? i really dont wanna go over $550 per month.

Thanks in advance. You guys have helped a lot of people and are doing a great job. :)
  • rnmomrnmom Posts: 32
    Dont know if this is a good deal
    Not sure of the cost my husband and I just talked about the monthly
    We asked for 36 months 10k(we never trun in a lease with more then 20 25 k)..
    we will be puting 3750 down that includes the New York State tax 8 or 81/4% monthly is 512 What do you think of the deal
    The dealer is Open Road BMW Edsion,
    WE are still undecided. We looked at all types of cars the Hydudi Sant Fe was 499 a month so the X3 looks like the pick.
  • gary55gary55 Posts: 3
    try going to morristown bmw I got my 07 x3 there.got a great deal,msrp 46,100 paid 43,000,put down 3,400 including n.y.s.tax. 36 month lease 12000/year $460 a month.plus first month payment and $500 security.appox$1100 in tax. Good luck Gary55
    Thanks a lot. Good advice. Found a guy here (VT) who will do the job at the price you noted. Definitely beats the $1,000 our dealer is quoting.
  • vsaxenavsaxena Posts: 201
    I am currently driving an X3 3.0si (MSRP $48K+ Step, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav, Xenon, PDC, Cargo Net, Servotronic, Privacy Glass) with a payment of $358+tax. I did European Delivery and made multiple security deposits but no cap down. Deal was $1000 over ED invoice plus base lease rates for a 24 month/10K term. This was based on December 2006 lease rates.

Lease payments can vary a lot depending on the current incentives. As the person who was quoted $499 for the Hyundai found out, very often you can lease BMWs at a price very close to what you would pay for a car which costs half as much :shades:

And those who like driving BMWs should join the BMW Car Club of America. Their rebate program ($500/$1000/$1500 for 3er,5er,7er) is excellent value for the $40/year you pay.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, addi.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jimabood. The selling price that you were quoted for the X3 that you are interested in is around $1,800 over invoice. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you may want to shop around to see if you can do a little better than that, say $1,000 over. There's no guarantee that you will be able to, but it doesn't hurt to try. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "BMW X3: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is a little high. BMW Financial Services' latest buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 BMW X3 with 12,000 miles per year are .00215 and 77%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that this is the money factor that the dealer uses to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome t_ho. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The money factor that you were quoted for this truck looks about right to me. The truck that you described probably has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. So you are at around $1,200 over invoice, which isn't too bad if X3s are selling as well in your area as you described. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome jojo718. Unfortunately, you will not receive any refund from BMW for the miles that you did not use during your lease. While I suppose it might be possible to purchase your vehicle at the end of your lease and then turn around and sell it or trade it in for a profit if you were enough under your allowed mileage, given how artificially inflated BMW Financial Services' residual values are it is unlikely that you would be able to make money doing this.

The selling prices of ordered vehicles are negotiable, just like vehicles that dealers have in inventory. Having said this, most dealers prefer to sell a vehicle that they already have in stock to ordering one for a customer. This is for two reasons. One, dealers are constantly paying floorplan interest on the vehicles that they have on their lot. The sooner they sell them, the sooner they can stop paying interest on them. The second reason can be described using the old saying "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush." From the dealership's perspective, the sooner you drive off in your new vehicle the better. A lot can happen to sour a deal on an ordered vehicle over the course of several months. Dealers would rather book a deal immediately than risk losing it by waiting.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'm glad that you enjoy this site so much, drews1. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMWX3 with 12,000 miles per year are .00215 and 67%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $43,920, and a selling price of $41,600, I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $491.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lasher30. The money factor that you were quoted looks good (it has since been increase to .00215), but the selling price looks a little high. You are only being given an $800 discount on a truck that has a spread of at least $3,500 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. Plus, this is really only like a $600 discount because dealer is marking up BMW FS' acquisition fee by $200. I personally would want a much larger discount than this on this truck. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "BMW X3: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi proth. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW X3 with 15,000 miles per year are .00215 and 65%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.