Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• hayb1hayb1 Posts: 1
    Gator,

I'm in Jersey, and not sure if this helps you, but I was at my dealership last week and built the same vehicle. I'm also a loyal customer and with 7 MSD's, I was quoted $517.56 including tax.
  • hmllhmll Posts: 1
    I recently ordered a 2011 X3 xDrive35i with the following;

Black Saphire Metallic
    Black Nevada Leather
    Premium Sound
    Heated Steering
    Heated Front Seats
    Panoramic moonroof
    Rear seat backrest with 40:20:40
    Comfort Access Keyless Entry
    Rubber Mats

Sale price of $45,665 (MSRP is 47,540, Invoice 44,250)
    Doc fees: $220
    Aquisition Fee: $725
    Money factor .00215
    Traded in a car for $16k that they're now offering for $20k

Along the way they insisted that they could not go below a .00215 and that there was no profit at anything below ~$1500 over invoice.

Given what they've picked up (or are at least asking) on my trade in and what I've read above about zag pricing (etc.) do I have any leverage to renegotiate my order? Or, can I just cancel my order and go to another dealer?

Any guidance is appreciated.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Congratulations leoxard. $500 over invoice plus the use of the buy rate is an excellent deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • loadtronloadtron Posts: 3
    About to pull the trigger on this lease. I think it's an outstanding deal, but this is my first lease so confirmation would be great. Thank you in advance!

MSRP $ 47,965 (28i metallic, Premium, Sport, Tech, heated front seats/steering wheel)
    Invoice $ 44,095
    Sale Price $ 44,600
    Acquisition $ 725
    MACO/Dealer $ 500

MF: 0.00151 (March base 0.0020 - 0.00049 through 7x MSDs and I'm avoiding the 0.00015 first-time lessee add-on by giving an 8th SD)

Residual: 59% (10k, 36mo)

Total per month, excluding taxes, $598.75.
  • rdxerrdxer Posts: 33
    How much out of pocket did you pay?
    Out of pocket is going to be $5200 for 8 security deposits, $633 first month (this includes tax), $160 for title & registration, and $400 dealer conveyance fee. Acquisition, MACO and dealer training fees are being rolled into the lease.
  • Does anyone know what the March X3 MF is for a 28i (10k/36mo) top tier credit...returning BMW lessee? I know February was (.00175 and 59%)...looking to see if the numbers changed for March.
    Hello yippeee33. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 28i with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This factor is lowered by .00030 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • What is it for 12,000 and 15,000 at 36 months, with loyalty please?
    Hey voldermort. The money factor would be .00030 lower for loyal customers. The 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 1% lower and the 15k residual would be 3% lower than the 10k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you again Car_man; but I'm confused. I was told by a dealer that the loyalty is .000170 and residual is 56% for 15,000 - and 58% for 12,000. So, what is it? .00030 across the board and 12,000 is ? and 10k is ?. grrr sorry.
    Please clarify for me, as I have a dealer who needs to know today or I miss out on a great opportunity. :(
    Voldermort:

The base MF is .00200, so with the loyalty discount, it's .00170, just what your dealer told you. The residual is 56% for 15,000; add 2% to residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr.
  • Thank you loadtron. Are you a dealer or just know this stuff? lol
    now deciding between 3 dealers, and they are pretty much within the ball park.
    blk exterior
    blk interior
    cwp
    comfort access
    Let me ask you this, what would be a good selling price? just asking.....
  • steve358steve358 Posts: 12
    does anybody know the money factor and depreciation for april x3 lease.
    Hi steve358. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 2.8i with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor is reduced by .00030 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • youngslyoungsl Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    went to a bmw dealer in So Cal. to test drive a new x3 and ended up leasing one on the same day.
    i had a 2008 328 convertible ( leased ) w/ 4 mon. remaining on the contract.
    the convertible was not in the perfect shape to return at the moment (34k miles on 36k mile lease, 4 baldy tires, big scratch on the passanger door, dings here and there, etc.), however the dealer agreed to take the vehicle as it was and cancelled the remaining payments w/o charging me for it. Great!!

anyways,
    my x3 is base w/ nav, pano roof, and roof rail in satin.
    MSRP 41,375
    Invoice 38,200 ( not sure)
    selling price : 39000
    10k miles/ 42 mon.

Total paid at signing : $4000 ( 0 sec fee, down payment, tax, title, return fee, etc)

Month: $496.5 plus tax = $540.00 (8.75 so. cal tax.)

the suv drives great.
    think I got a decent deal considering the return of the previous vehicle would cost me more than $2700 plus 4 payments remaining on the contract.
    what do you experts think?
  • steve358steve358 Posts: 12
    what is money factor and residual for may on bmw x3?
  • ericmolnarericmolnar Posts: 2
    Car_Man et al,

Could you post what the new residual % and Money Factor is for a 36 month lease on the 2011 X3 28i and 35i? Also, if you know of any incentives, specials, etc. that could bring the price down (one can only hope...).

I test drove both today, along with an Audi Q5, Volvo XC60, and Volkswagen Tiguan (yes..fun/busy day!). The BMW felt the best; unfortunately neither BMW dealership had the new May rates.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi steve358. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 2.8i with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for non-returning customers.

This truck's money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ericmolnar. Please see my previous post for the 28i information.

BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56% for non-returning customers.

I don't believe that BMW is currently providing any cash incentives on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • ericmolnarericmolnar Posts: 2
    Nuts...I forgot to specify 10,000 miles/year for the lease. Do you know what the residual would be?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,004
    Add 3% to the 15K numbers for 10K mileage allowance.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• cartalk1cartalk1 Posts: 13
    Do I qualify for the customer loyality reduction if I already have a BMW lease and want to lease an additional, second BMW? Or does the loyality only apply if you are returning a leased BMW?
  • srini4srini4 Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am planning to lease a BMW X3 with the following options.

2011 X3 xDr28i
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic
    Sand Beige Nevada Leather
    Brushed Aluminum Trim
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Navigation System
    Park Distance Control
    Rear View Camera
    MSRP: 46,075

The dealer came back with the following quote.
    36 months x 10k miles x 8k OOP = $459 a month
    Residual Value: $27,184.25

This includes all taxes and fees. Considering I am paying 8K as down payment, is this a good deal?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    -Srini
  • I just test-drove an x3 35i over the weekend and the salesman said that the residuals for that model were in the low 60s. Then I get his email today that stated that the residual was 56%, clearly shy of his "hunch" during the test. I've confirmed the 56% here in these forums, so I do not doubt his statement, but in the same email, he said that last month the residual was 60%, and that next month they are going to go down again.

So, I suppose I would like to know when the best month to acquire a new car is? How do those changing residuals work?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, cartalk1, I believe that you would qualify for the loyalty money factor reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi brianjwagner. Vehicles' residual values typically gradually decline as the model year progresses. Having said that, automakers often improve their vehicles' money factors by an amount that enables them to offset any impact that the lower residual value would have on their vehicle's payment.

So while this vehicle's residuals will be lower later on in the year it does not necessarily mean that its payments will be higher. BMW will ultimately set its payments based upon what the supply of and demand for this vehicle is when you want to lease it.

Car_man
    Host
  • chiro444chiro444 Posts: 13
    Does BMW do 48 month leases? If so what would be the money factor and depreciation for 12k/year on the non turbo?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,004
    The BMWFS 48-month leases are unsupported... So, residuals are low and money factors are high....

The 36-month leases are much cheaper... but, not cheap.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Hey chiro444. If you want to go longer than 36 months to lower your BMW's payment some, go with a 42 month lease. That's the longest term that its special lease program is available for. Quite frankly though BMW's special money factors aren't even that special right now, so there isn't as big a difference between its special and standard programs at this time as there normally is.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.