Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi ckung. I;m not fieldsransom, but I can give you an idea of what the X3's current lease program is like. Its program varies by term and mileage allowance. Since you never mentioned what either of these variables are, for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2007 BMW X3 through BMW Financial Services in October for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00225 and 65%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ckungckung Posts: 42
    Hi Car_Man:

Thank a lot. Yes, I'm interest in the 36 months term with 12K miles/ yr. I was talking to one of the dealership and he said he can offers MF = 0.0016 with 69% residual and it's for 36 terms with 10K miles/yr. In addition it requires $3900 down, the monthly payment will be around $370. Do you think it's a good deal? or u think I can do better? Thanks a lot
  • Hi magnumx3. Let's take a look at the fees that you listed. The License fee is charged by your state and it is not negotiable.

BMW charges a $625 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers are allowed to mark this fee up by a couple hundred dollars to add additional profit to deals. There is a good chance that you will be able to get the dealer that you are working with to lower the acquisition fee to its base amount.

Most dealers charge a doc fee on new vehicle purchases and leases. A doc fee of $45 is very reasonable.

As far as the last two fees go, MACO and the Training fee, I am sure that they are expenses for the dealer. The question is should they be broken out separately so that you have to pay them or should the dealer just be paying them out of their profit from the deal. I usually advise consumers to focus on the big picture, the out-the-door price, rather than letting dealers cloud things by trying to add all sorts of fees to deals. As long as you are getting the lowest total price for the X3 that you are interested in, it doesn't really matter how it breaks down. Get a few price quotes on similar vehicles from other dealers in your area and go with the one that offers you the lowest total price.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ckung. The money factor and residual value that you quoted look good to me, but it is difficult to say exactly how good this deal is without knowing this truck's MSRP and selling price. These numbers will show how much of a discount you are being given.

I see that you are considering making a down payment of nearly $4,000 on your lease. I always advise consumers against putting a lot of money down when leasing. Those who make large capitalized cost reductions risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • themisnthemisn Posts: 13
    I was debating some demo or 2007 x3's with like 10k miles.

I am looking to lease either for 24 months, with 10k miles/yr.

What are the current residuals/money factors involved?
    Would it be any different/beneficial on these 2007s with miles on them?
  • Where can I locate invoice pricing on the 2008 X3 to compare to MSRP pricing?
  • you can look right her on edmunds. it will show you msrp, invoice and what others in your area are paying for the car.
  • john888john888 Posts: 15
    Carman or anyone else,

Can you check if the price I was quoted below is good?

I'm a BWM FS returning lessee, returning a 2004 X3 end Oct. What special incentives do returning lessee get from BMW if any?

What are the current MF, residual, deals, etc for this car now?

Looking for lease 2008 X3 3.0 for 36 month, 15k miles per year with $0 down. What should be my monthly payment/fees?

Options:205 STEPTRONIC 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, 522 Xenon Adaptive Headlights, -- Metallic Paint, ZPP Premium Package.

They quoted price to us, but we did not advise them we are returning lessee and did not tell them we plan to lease - does it make a difference if we tell them and should we go back to the same dealer that we originally got the lease?

Price quoted by other new dealer:$40,850 + tax.

We are in New York City.

Thanks for any assistance/advice/info.
    Hi Car-Man:

Thanks, the MSRP = $39125 and Buy pice is $37843, do you think it's a good deal after all? or can I do better?

Thanks a lot
  • are the 2008 prices with options for the X3 on Edmunds yet? if so, exactly where on Edmunds do I go for '08 invoice pricing? I am returning a leased '05 X3 in Dec and want to order a new one. any suggestions, etc would be greatly apprecitated. I want automatic,jetblack, leather,servotronic, xenon headlights,parking distance control (any comments???), heated front seats, privacy glass (or can I have it done darker once delivered?), navigation, premium sound, Sirius radio, and premiun package ( what's included?) but can't distinguish the diff between with the comfort seats or not. want 15 k miles for 36 mos. any and all suggestions for pricing , etc. very much appreciated.
  • Is it possible to negotiate down the money factor? I know that the money factor for existing BMW customers (around .00165) is much lower than the money factor for new customers. I am a new customer, and I have been quoted a MF of .00245 and .00225 at two different dealerships.

It seems that a small change in the MF can result in a big change in the monthly payment amount. So that seems just as important as the selling price, and yet everybody seems very focused on the selling price (for example, trying to get $1,000 over invoice). Am I missing something? I'm relatively new to this. Thanks.
  • dwb959dwb959 Posts: 12
    Carman,

I realize that everywhere I look they say not to put any money down on a lease but does that include paying for your taxes up front? Most of the cars that we're looking at on these boards are upwards of $30K factor in a NY tax of 8.75% and you're adding an extra 3,000 into the purchase calculations. Do you recommend rolling the taxes into the monthly payment then over the course of 24 months or however long the lease may be?
    Trying to educate myself on this whole leasing thing but at the same time want to get a reasonable monthly payment.
    Thanks for any help.
    DB
  • jhyoojhyoo Posts: 13
    Hi CAR_MAN,

Can you please tell me the residual and money factor for an 07 X3? I'm looking for a 24 or 36 month with 18000 miles.

Thanks a lot!
    Hi Car-man:

Any idea for the MF and % of residual of 36 terms on 2008 X3? Can I still get the MF=0.00165 and 69% for the 2008?

Thanks a lot
  • reufimreufim Posts: 13
    At the end of 2004, I leased a 2005 X3 2.5
    I have decided to buy it at the end of my lease (coming up end of Nov 2007). It has 23,000 miles and is in perfect shape.
    Can anyone give me advice on how to prepare well to buy this car - what I can do to get the best deal and avoid any over payments?
    I have never bought a car after leasing it so am unsure on how it goes and how much negotiating room I have.
    Any assistance is appreciated.
  • Hi Car-Man:

Have 04 X3 Lease ending Nov, BMW FS does not want to 'extend' lease, but no dealers in area (meaning 300 miles away) have 07 or 08 units and/or everything is highly marked up. Have tried Internet but nothing seems to be close to my current lease price ($385). I drive < 10K/yr - Premium Pkg/Spt Pkg (not necessary or desired in next veh) but would like leather/lumbar. Trying to keep payments reasonable, but have not had any decent offers. As returning Lesee, I would think that BMW would try to retain a customer, but it seems just the opposite! Suggestions from you or anyone welcomed!

Archivist - Colorado :sick:
  • Hi jhyoo. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 X3 with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 75%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00225 and 65%. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that BMW FS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, ckung. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW X3 with 15,000 miles per year are .00275 and 65%, respectively. BMW is providing a special .00065 reduction in the '08 X3's money factor for current BMW FS lessees.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi reufim. In order to determine whether you should purchase your vehicle at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your car or truck's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". If your vehicle's purchase price is reasonable, go for it. If not, there's no point in overpaying for your truck and you probably should just walk away from it at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Archivist. Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time getting a good deal on the X3 that you want. The fact that no dealers in your area seem to have any inventory is definitely going to make it difficult to get a good deal. You can always try to work with a dealer in an area that has more competition and have the truck shipped to you or pick it up, but that is sort of a pain. Have you tried physically visiting some BMW dealers in your area, or are you just e-mailing and calling them? If you haven't done any face-to-face negotiating, give it a shot. Dealers are often more willing to provide attractive prices on vehicles in person then they are to quote a low price in an e-mail and then have it shopped around all over town.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.