Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks for clarifying Car_man. I wasn't sure about the $750 Dealer Cash as a savings option for the X3.

S
  • You're very welcome soupaman.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 145
    Anybody know how many MSDs you can do with BMW and how much each one reduces the MF? Looking at a 2012 X3 28i if that matters.

Also, any recommendations on great internet departments at dealers in N. California (or SoCal).
    Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,094
    7 deposits at .0007 each, for a total reduction of .00049

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks for the prompt response, Walt!
  • jmorsjmors Posts: 6
    How does this deal sound?

2012 X3 28i
    Metallic paint
    Tech Package
    Premium Package
    Destination

MSRP: $44,925
    Sale price: $42,000

36 month lease (10k miles/yr):
    $3415 due at signing (includes 1st payment and taxes)
    $572/month

Residual is $26,056 (58%)

Is there more room here? I pretty sure there is by the reaction of the sales rep when I got up to leave, but I'm wondering how much lower I can get it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    leoxard....

I'm in the Bay Area too. What dealership gave you $500 over on your 28i lease?

Thanks!
  • Hiya. Have the BMWFS rates for a 36-month, 12,000 miles-per-year lease of a 2011 BMW xDrive35i changed since last month?
    According to this forum, i think they were at 0.00195 and 58%.

I'm going to a dealership in about three hours :-\
  • Nope, they haven't. :)
  • jdmassjdmass Posts: 12
    My dealer (in Massachusetts) is insisting that the 3-yr 12,000 mile residual value on an X3 currently is 56% not 58%. This contradicts the info a few posts up. I've bought 2 cars from this dealer so I'm hoping they're not lying to me? Are they?
  • according to the schedule posted at bimmerfest.com, the residual is 54%, i believe this is standardized for 15k/yr. elsewhere on that forum, someone wrote there was an adjustment of +2% if you lower the mileage to 12k, so 56 sounds right. the residuals changed as of the beginning of nov, and are lowered every 2mos afaik.
  • Hi - I am looking to lease a new X3 35i. I am in the NY metro area and am returning my old 335i (lease expires in Jan 2012). After going through the forums I am still a little confused about what I should aim. Please suggest:

MSRP: 51175 (X3 35i, metallic, cold weather, technology and premium)

BMW finance discount: -1000
    Dealer discount: -3000 (I think this is prob the best I can aim for)

Net cost: 47175

MF Factor: 0.000195
    Loyalty discount: -0.00030
    Enhanced loyalty: -0.00075 (not sure if i qualify for both?)
    MSD: -0.00049 (I live in NYC but I can lease a car from NJ to do this)

Final MF Factor: 0.00041

Residual: 56% (12K, 36 months)
    Monthly : Around 600 USD + Registration + other fees + security deposits

Do u think this is reasonable to aim for ? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to close this very soon...

Thanks !
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited December 2011
    Hi jdmass. BMW FS' current 36-month, 12k residual value for a 2012 X3 is 56%. The posts that you saw are referencing an expired program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man -

Care to post the updated rates and residuals for January? I'm looking at both the xDrive28 and xDrive35.
  • Hello chdavis. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X3 xDrive28 with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an X3 xDrive35 are interestingly exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • dlcd23dlcd23 Posts: 1
    Was just quoted the following from a BMW dealership...'12 X3 xDrive 2.8i (MSRP: $47,800)... convenience pckg, cold weather pckg, premium pckg, technology pckg, roof rails...$660 p mth. $3,600 due at signing. Seems high to me, no? Should I be looking at an X5 or ML 350 instead? Also, is cargo space too small in an X3? Thanks.
  • Hey dlcd23. Do you happen to know what this vehicle's selling price is? Having it will make this deal much easier to evaluate.

Car_man
    Host
  • Don't forget to include sales tax in any lease equation - which is why I bought. 1.99% for five years through Triple A, $44,995 list for a 28i with convenience, premium, cold weather, satellite radio and roof rails, including the $895 delivery fee. Negotiated price was $42,250 at Wagner BMW in Shrewsbury MA - what a pleasure to deal with! Car built to order (wife is fussy about color!) and delivered in less than 3 weeks. Happy driving!
  • manny431manny431 Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I was wondering if you could help me out with a few questions. I'm currently negotiating a lease deal with my dealer for 2012 x3 that was a demo. It has about 3k miles on it and its base as far as options go. I was thinking that this car should go below invoice since it is a Demo model. I also have another BMW so I get loyalty incentives. Whats a good or fair price on a car like this? I cant seem to find any information in leasing demo models online. Also, could you include the current money factors and residuals for a 12k mile 36mo lease?

Thanks a lot!!
    Hi manny431. It's difficult to say how large a discount the dealer will be willing to provide you on this truck, but I completely agree with you that I would want a selling price of under invoice on a demo vehicle that has over 3,000 miles on it.

BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X3 2.8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Posts: 64
    Hey car_man & kyfdx, do either of you have June 2012 lease rates for BMW X3 28i? 36 month, 15K. I ordered in May but can get whichever month has better residual and money factor. Have a week or so to go before I get the X3. Thanks!
    I got the info in case anyone is interested. Everything the same this month on the X3's (residuals) except the Money Factor has dropped to .00185. Every little bit helps!
  • A neighbor is going abroad for a year, and drives a 2006 BMW X3. He will want the car back a year from now.

I am interested in leasing the car for the year while he is gone, and my neighbor is receptive to the idea, since it would keep the car in active use and keep him from having to pay to store it.

I need to come up with the appropriate monthly price to lease the car, but don't know how to do this. The car is in good shape, but based on its age, I am guessing a fair lease price would be $100 a month or less. There would of course be no up front fee or any of that nonsense, just a straight monthly amount.

A good starting point would be the "second lease" price on a 3-year-old X3. Anyone know where I could find this?

Related question: does anyone have a sample person to person lease agreement document that I could use as boilerplate text to create our lease agreement?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,094
    $100 per month? I think you've seriously under-priced that...

But, this seems like a bad idea, all the way around. Who pays for repairs and maintenance? What happens if you have an accident? If the current owner has a loan on the car, you can bet it specifically prohibits leasing to a third party.

However, the simplest way to value the use of the car is to use depreciation. What's the car worth now? How much is it worth in one year, with XXXXX more miles on the odometer? In a person-to-person lease where the lessor is just trying to mitigate his expenses for a short term, then that amount would be fair. If you were actually leasing a used car, you'd also have finance charges included in the lease (which can be substantial).

So, let's say his 2006 X3 is worth $16,000... and, after you drive it for a year, it's worth $13,000.. $3000/12 months = $250/mo.. (and, that's without any sort of finance charges).

That's just an example... you can fill in your own numbers... but, it's hard to just maintain an out of warranty BMW for $100/mo....

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

edited June 2012
    Hey jmcbmw. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 X3 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for you reply Car_man, I am planning on leasing a 2013 (not 2012) X3 28i. Was told the MF is .00185 instead of last months .00190, the residual I was told is 55%.
    You're welcome jmcbmw. The numbers that you were quoted for the 2013 model are correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • uasounduasound Posts: 2
    Good morning, I'm considering the lease of 2013 X3 35i. I'm looking at different lease terms and annual millage combinations. Could you please provide the August money factors and residuals for the following:

24 mo 10K/12K
    36 mo 10K/12K

I have built the car with options I want online on bmwusa.com and sent the quote request to one local dealer. I took the suggestion of one user on this forum to order online and wait 4-6 weeks for the car to be built. How different is the process of negotiating the car that is ordered online vs the car that sits on a lot?

Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for uasound. BMW Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 X3 35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 64%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00145 and 58%.

The residual values for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Typically dealers seem to be more willing to negotiate on vehicles that they want to get off of their lots and out of inventory than they are on orders, but your mileage may vary.

Car_man
    Host
  • uasounduasound Posts: 2
    Thanks, Car_Man! Your tip leads me to another question

Dealer offers 1000 over invoice for 2013 and 1000 off team USA. Do you think I can get 2012 model for less than invoice? If I see a dealer having just one 2012 model left on the lot, what should I be targeting during negotiations? Let's say invoice is 45000.

uasound
This discussion has been closed.