Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• wnofearwwnofearw Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    you must be in a bad market for BMW. I am picking up an X3 (2.8, space gray, black leather, premium, tech, cold weather, sat radio, roof rails, bmw apps. 36 month, 12k miles) this tuesday. MSRP is $48145. invoice is $44900, and I'm paying $44070.(830 under invoice) then theres the $1000 holiday cash.
    i'm putting down first month, doc fees(which they really pushed up to $399), DMV, and bank fee. about $2000.
    monthly payment is at $550.
    I think its a good deal. if anyone thinks otherwise, let me know and I'll see if I can still haggle a bit more..
    thanks,
  • Is this a good deal?

2013 X3 35i

MSRP: $56,595
    Invoice: $52,015
    My price: $51,500

Nothing down besides taxes and fees, comes out to 3,800 down. 620 a month for 36m/12k...I can't do MSDs since im in NY unless I go to a NJ dealer. The NJ dealer quoted me at 4100 down + 4200 MSD and 580 a month. What do you guys think?
  • Hey Car_man,
    This might be a stupid question, but does BMW release its money factor/residual values ahead of the month or after the 1st of each month?
    I am really looking for the X3 2.8 numbers for december...
    thanks in advance
  • Car_Man, I was reading the above posts, and I see that some ppl are putting money down. Is that something 'new'? I thought that was not a good thing because it's leasing the car. Please clarify.
    Thank you. :D
  • I visited a dealer and built a 2013 BMW X3 35i (Philly Area)
    Space Gray Metallic, Black 'Nevada' Leather, Fineline Wave Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, M Sport Package, Premium Package, Tech Package, Head-up Display, Sat Radio

MSRP- 56,545
    My Price- 53, 150

36m/12k
    0.00145 MF
    1,055 due at signing

He offered $709/month and this seems very high. I still haven't tried to counter-offer with MSD's, but what else can I do to try to lower his offer? Any advice will help
  • search prices paid see what people are getting off msrp.I know its more then 3k
    with all the bonus cash out there.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,648
    He offered $709/month and this seems very high. I still haven't tried to counter-offer with MSD's, but what else can I do to try to lower his offer? Any advice will help

OUCH.... Rethink the M Sport Package... What was the residual they were quoting you?
  • I have a 6% discount off MSRP + 1000 holiday cash back + 750 loyalty
  • 59% residual. I'm really a fan of the M Sport package. What are your thoughts?
  • Btw, I'm also trading a car in which will obviously lower my payments, but the dealer told me he couldn't give me a value of my car until after my car was ordered and delivered. He said 4 weeks is too long to tell the value of the car because of the fluctuating used car market. I feel uncomfortable not knowing his valuation. I've been to other dealers and they've valued it for me. Is he pulling my leg?
  • When I price out the 28 vs the 35, it appears some of the options in the 28 are standard in the 35. Is there more value in the 35 in terms of lease payments? What can I expect for 36 month, 12k, for $ factor, residual and discount off MSRP?
  • GBrianKGBrianK Posts: 211
    Carman:

What are the current residuals for the X3 x28i and x35i? With mileage of 10000 and 12000?
  • I just was told I qualified for tier 1 credit from BMW - can you tell me the money factor for December 2012 I'm in PA - I keep seeing .00125 on here but I am being quoted .00135 and 57% residual on a 2013 X3 35i 36mo/15kmi year lease.
  • Please help, what's December MF and Residual (36 months with 15K/yr) of a 2013 X3 xDrive28i (Premium package) in the Bay Area (Northern CA).
    I haven't seen anything from CarMan lately....but I think the following are true:

Money Factor is 0.00135
    Residual for 10,000mi / year is 60%
    Residual for 12,000mi / year is 59%
    Residual for 15,000mi / year is 57%

I've also read that these numbers could change in mid-December, due to competition between BMW and Mercedes Benz heating up. (One is trying to outsell the other.)

I've found the following discounts available:
    $1000 Holiday Discount
    $1000 USAA/Military Discount
    $750 BMW Loyalty Discount (for current owner/leasing customers)
    $300 for current BMW financed/leased customers (download the APP from iTunes and use it to schedule a testdrive. This payment is applied to the first month's loan or lease payment through BMWFS)
    $500 BMWCCA Members (cannot be combined with USAA/Military Discount)
  • Hello jc7727. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 X3 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I used a 42-month term instead of a 48-month term because that's the longest lease that BMW's special programs are available for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi kball2. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 3.5 with 10,000 miles per year are .00135 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi wnofearw. That's not a dumb question at all. BMW usually does not give anyone advance notice, at least not written advance notice, of what the incentives for a particular month will be like before the month begins. In fact, they often do not publish their official incentives bulletins until after their monthly sales conference call later on in the day on the first of the month, or whenever sales are released. This is of course assuming that the incentives are not scheduled to run for multiple months, which the current program is.

BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 2.8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi voldermort. People are free to do whatever they want ;), BUT I personally always advice consumers against putting money down on a leased vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi GBrianK. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 2.8i with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 X4 3.5i are .00135 and 59%.

If you were to lease either of these vehicles with only 10,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive and $750 owner loyalty cash that are currently available on these vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings love_leasing. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 xDrive28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 holiday credit and $750 owner loyalty cash offers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi car man. I'm in the north east and returning to a dealer where I got my last car. Was quoted 1500 over invoice with residual of 60% and mf of .00135 on a pretty loaded x3 35i.
    I countered with invoice and a .00125 mf as we would def qualify for top credit.
    New guy at dealer doesn't seem all that hungry and didn't even counter just said he couldn't get close. Is it time for me to be looking elsewhere or are the x3's moving that well?
    Is invoice or 500 over just not realistic On my part? Thanks.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,648
    $1500 OVER invoice, that dealer doesn't seem too hungry to me... Go back and read some posting and see that people are getting them UNDER INVOICE..
    I ordered mine from the factory and got $750 over invoice with no back-and-forth required. As for money factor, I think the lowest they can go right now is 0.00135 (what BMW is charging). Now, that money factor may drop next week, as BMW is trying to get their sales numbers up. I doubt it would go much lower than 0.00125.

Another poster put down below invoice? Where are they getting this at? (Maybe I shouldn't be so fussy and just take something off their lot?)
  • sent an offer out to quite a few other area dealers at 500 under invoice and .00125 on the x3 35i and one came back accepting the under invoice, but saying they could only do .00135 on the money factor for the 35i and .00125 on the 28i. Seems reasonable to me. should i lock it down?
  • $500 under invoice and .00135 sounds good to me.
    Agreed! This is a great deal! Just make sure it wasn't a demo car.
  • Good point. Checked it out and It was still in the hood plastic. They're prepping it today. Ended up pushing back a bit and got 850 under invoice and they actually agreed to the .00125 dec money factor from the 28i even though it's a 35i and supposed to be .00135. I'm feeling great about it and they've def earned a long term customer.
  • sthodlasthodla Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    I am not sure how you are getting such a good deal on the lease.

If I type in the numbers you've mentioned into Edmunds lease calculator - I get a monthly payment of $862.

Try it yourself.
    http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html

Lease price $44070
    Title & Registration $600 (calculated this from your $2k down (2k-$550(first motnth)-$850(destination) = title + registration)
    Residual % of 55% (calculated from your $550 payment. 550 x 36 / lease price)
    Miles driven 12K
    Money factor : 0.0029

I had a friend pick up an X3 from SoCal - $39K lease price and was able to get lease rate for $510 a month (36 months, 12K miles, $1300 down). Again, I've tried to get that to work in the lease calculator and it simply does not come close.

Don't understand if the calculator is wrong and/or I'm missing something.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,850
    edited December 2012
    1) Why are you breaking out destination charges? No place for that in a lease calculation.... destination is part of the price..

2) Where is the MSRP in your calculation? You can't calculate a lease without it..

3) Money factor of .0029? Way too high

You can't use generic numbers to calculate a lease... you have to have the exact program numbers...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.