Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• sburgsburg Posts: 1
    Have you ever used a Broker? Try Swap-A-Lease - they have lots of Brokers listed and you can save considerably on those numbers you have..
  • Hello folks,

Got this one

2014 X3 28i,
    Base price - 39,600
    Premium package (3,200)
    Heated front seats (500)
    Dest. / handling - 925

total 44225, selling price 41800,
    12000 miles / year , 36 months
    cash on delivery - 4,594 (incl drive off, 1st payment)
    monthly payment - 476$. , before CA tax.

Is it fair?

Thanks,
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,697
    Why so much down? $4500 is a lot, what is your money factor? On a lease, the goal is to put down the least amount as possible. This is not a good deal...

Does the dealer have any 2013? I do not think there is much difference between a 2013 and 2014, you might be able to save some money..
  • I know - trying to understand why it is so high. Got 2 offers with relatively high down payment...
  • I am new to leasing and I have found this forum very educational.

What I would like help with, is the best sequence of actions to conduct a lease.

I have read that you shouldn't even mention lease to the dealer until you have settled on a purchase price. Is this the best first step?

Also what is negotiable other than price? Is MF or residual value negotiable or is this set by BMW?

Finally I am interested in a X3 28i and they now have both 2013 and 2014. Which one would be best to lease, I assume the 2014 because it probably would have a higher residual value but not sure if this is correct?

Thanks for your help
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Posts: 117
    Price is the price whether you lease or finance it. You can negotiate the price of course but residual and MF are set by BMW, though dealers can mark it up to .00167 from the base .00127 as long as you qualify for that top tier rate.

The 2014's actually have a 2% less residual than the 2013's right now and you could get a better price on the '13. Its up to you if the new navigation, packages, and higher price is worth it or not to get a '14
  • steevosteevo Posts: 340
    edited May 2013
    It seems strange to me that a 2014 could be 2% less residual than a 2013. Imagine a 2013 and a 2014 with exactly the same MSRP, fast forward to the year 2016, put 24000 miles on both cars, and then value the cars. The 2014 will NOT be valued at less than the 2013. NO WAY. Am I missing something?
    Are you sure you are not confusing the Money Factor being 2% higher?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi steevo. The reason that certain 2013 models have higher residual values than 2014 models right now is that BMW artificially inflates its vehicles' residual values to essentially hide support. Higher residual values enable them to offer lower lease payments. When BMW ramps up its lease support on the 2014 model its residual values will eventually be higher than the residuals on the 2013.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Thanks Jason
    What is the actual residual % on the 2013 and 2014?

Do you know what are the major differences between the 2013 X3 and 2014 x3?

Thanks
  • steevosteevo Posts: 340
    Interesting, to say the least. Thanks for the explanation.
    2013 residual is 57% and 55% for the '14 at 15k miles for 36 months. Add 2% for 12k miles and 3% for 10k.

The base price went up $750 from making standard most of the equipment that was in the Premium Package. Only major difference is the 2014 has the new NBT Navigation and full black intstrument cluster. The NBT Nav is faster, more streamlined for the radio/media menu structure, improved menus, advanced real time traffic info, weather info in the navigation map, and message dictation. Also, is clearer and better picture. BMW also re-did some of the equipment in packages so that is different as well
    You're very welcome steevo.

Car_man
    Host
  • flacrabbflacrabb Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man - Will you please provide the residual and MF for a 24 month, 12K mile/yr. lease on a BMW X3? Thanks in advance.
    X28i or X35i?
  • Hey All,

Does the money factor change with the size of the down payment? In this forum I have learnt that best to have as low a down payment as possible.

Thanks
  • What is the current MF and RV for 2014 x3 28i for 10K and 12K?

Is it possible to get invoice for a 2014 this early in the model year?

Thanks
    .00127 base Mf and 58 and 57% RV. Of course its possible but it may take some work to try and it get that price
  • I need a quick answer because I am going to the dealer in the next 1 hr to finalize my lease. I guess to be conservative the dealer said MF of 0.00155.
    I believe between my wife and I, one of us has good credit.
    So is there a table of credit score to MF that I should be aware of?
    I want to be prepared if he says our credit won't qualify for 0.00127.
    Also can he deny me 0.00127 if I have good credit?

Thanks
    First issue is, know your credit score. PERIOD You shouldn't walk into a dealership and not know this stuff.

MF changes monthly, if you qualify for BMWFS top tier credit then you will be offered the 0.00127 (or whatever it is currently) MF, if you do not have top tier credit then you are at the mercy of the dealership and banks. This can add some serious $$ to your monthly payments.

Good luck
    Just because you qualify for top tier doesn't mean the dealer is going to offer you the buy rate. Most will mark it up as much as they can to .00167 and go from there if the customer objects to it. The lowest your score can be to qualify is 675 and if you don't know your score, simply ask them for your score or to show you your report.
  • Not too sure if my 0.00139 MF while getting Invoice for a 2014 X3 was the best I could do. I was planning for 0.00127 as I have great credit but I guess I didn't press hard enough.
  • grokgrok Posts: 10
    Recently I saw an internet advertisement for a 2013 x3 28i that was new but had been used as a loaner and therefore had over 8000 miles on it. The Price for the vehicle had been reduced $4855 below the MSRP of $47845 for a sale price of $42,990. This seemed like a great vehicle to lease if I could keep the residual at 57% by returning it with less than a total of 45,000 miles (8,000 existing + 36,000 driven by me). I understood that the price had been reduced because of the miles,but what I cannot understand is if I returned this vehicle at the end of a 36 month lease with less 45,000 miles ( 8000 existing +36000 driven) the dealer stated the residual is not 57%, as it would be with a new car with 0 miles that was driven 45000 miles by the purchaser. Instead through some complex penalty per mile driven prior to purchase the residual would end up being 53%. I confirmed this is a written policy of BMW with a call to BMW Financial. So with one hand the car is discounted and with the other hand the discount is taken away with a higher than "normal" lease end residual value. ????? So dishonest! I expect this from a dealership,but not the written policy of BMW Corporate.
    Everybody wants something for nothing, first off any car can be leased, and this X3 can be also, however, it will not get the same MF as a new X3 as the one you looking at is not new. So BMW is not being dishonest, its just that you want BMW to treat this X3 as a new one and still give you the deep discount.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,206
    There is another variable that you didn't account for.... the loaner vehicle will be more than three years old when you return it... The warranty clock starts ticking when it is put into service... so, it will be worth less than a brand-new vehicle when you return it.... which is why you can't just use the 3yr/45k lease program.

The actual residual isn't really a lower percentage... It's the same percentage as a new one, minus $0.30/mile... (first 500 miles are free)..

So, the residual is reduced by (8000 - 500 ) X $0.30 or $2400 less..

I wouldn't say it's dishonest.. Sounds like it's something that you weren't aware of. 4 or 5 years ago, the residual reduction was only $0.15/mile, and that made the loaners a better deal to lease..

If you are still interested in that vehicle, you might mention to the dealer that he needs to lower the price to make the lease deal competitive...

If it's a current model loaner, then it usually qualifies for most of the current rates and incentives, including money factors and residuals, but you do have to reduce the residual to account for the mileage... no way around that..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi,

What's the latest RV and MF for X3?
    would you please let me know for both 2yr and 3yr lease?

Thanks!
    B
    Hi braketoolate. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 X3 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 63%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00127 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • tarusse1tarusse1 Posts: 2
    My wife and I are looking at leasing a 2013 x3. We have been to one dealer and was quoted on 36month 12k mile lease a payment of 750 a month with 3000 down. This seems extremely high to us. A family member recently leased an x3 for 460 a month same lease terms. Is it unreasonable to lease an x3 with price of 39995 for a payment of 450-475 a month?
  • tonka858tonka858 Posts: 21
    edited June 2013
    why not get a 2014..and yes the dealer is ripping you off..check out bmw web site
    web deal and this is not with even bargaining
    2014 X3 xDrive28i
    $489*/month for 36 months. $750 Loyalty Cash included in payment.
    • $489 First months payment
    • $2,750 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $725 Acquisition fee
    • $3,964 Cash due at signing

Contact a dealer

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/Vehicles/2014/X3/xDrive28i/OfferDetail.as- - px?NAModelCode=14XD&OfferType=2&regiontypeid=2
This discussion has been closed.