Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi,

This site has been extremely helpful in leasing my last two vehicles and I am looking for information once again on the BMW X3 28i. I would like to know what the money factor and residual is on this vehicle for 36 months with both 10,000 and 12,000 miles per year. I am in NJ. From my research, it appears that the msrp before options is about $38,000 and the invoice is about $33,000. How much above invoice should I try for this vehicle. In addition, I am turning in a bmw - is there currently any loyalty cash or other incentives that I should be aware of and if so, would that be applied after I negotiate the final price of the car?

I have also looked at the volvo xc60 and am trying to determine which of these cars is the better deal right now.

thanks so much!
    nicole
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,093
    is what you are concerned with, then you're probably going to end up with the Volvo. They've probably got cash or lease incentives that BMW is currently not providing on the just released 2011 X3. Good luck & keep us posted!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Hi nicole. Here's the information that you're looking for.

BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 28i with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the new X3 right now in your area. I would think that dealers would try to get as much for a new model as possible when it first comes out, particularly a new SUV in the middle of winter. I personally would be comfortable paying $1,000 over invoice. Shoot for it and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hi,

thanks for the information that you provided last month regarding the 2011 bmw x3 28i. the dealer that i am working with has indicated that the programs have slightly improved on this car for the month of january. do you have those numbers for 36 months with 10,000 and 12,000 miles per year? also, any incentives i should be aware of?

thanks!
    nicole
  • You're welcome nicole. Here's an update for you.

BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 28i with 12,000 miles per year are .00205 and 58%, respectively.

This factor drops to .00175 for loyal customers.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 2% higher.

BMW is not currently providing any cash incentives that I am aware of on the X3.

Car_man
    Host
  • wow - glad that i followed up for the new january numbers b/c this is different than what i got from the dealer. here is everything i was given by the dealer and if you wouldn't mind looking at these numbers and letting me know if the fees are marked up too?

I think the selling price is a good deal - I am going to be ordering a 2011 X3 28i with heated seats and moonroof for 36 months in NJ with 10,000 miles per year.

MSRP - $39665
    Invoice - Approx. - $36,370
    Selling Price - $36,900
    Money Factor - .00205 (I am a current BMW lessee, which they know so I should qualify for the .00175 but there was no mention of that)
    Residual - 59% (just want to confirm whether it is actually 60% b/c in the last post you wrote for 12,000 it would be 2% higher but I think it should say 10,000 - so I am not sure if the residual is actually 59% or 60% for 10,000 miles per year).

Now as far as out-of-pocket fees:
    First month payment - $?
    Bank Fee - $725
    DMV - approx $300
    Tire Fee - $7.50
    Dealer Doc Fee - $249.00 (I thought I read here in another posting that this was lower but I want to confirm before I go back to the dealer).

Lastly, if I decide to roll all fees in and do a sign and drive - how would i add that to the calculation? Does it add on to the selling price or get added it after the initial calculation?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Nicole
  • Hey Nicole. The numbers for a 36 month, 10k lease of this truck are .00175 and 59% for loyal customers.

If you decide to roll the fees that you would normally have to pay at lease signing into your payment, you will have to add them to your car's capitalized cost before your payment is calculated.

Car_man
    Host
  • jrr766jrr766 Posts: 1
    Hi,

What is required to qualify for the loyal customer rate? I have never leased a BMW of any kind, but I currently have a Z4 that I am financing through BMW Financial services. Should I be able to get the .00175 rate on an X3?

Thanks
  • If you currently have a BMW financed with BMWFS, you should qualify...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Does this sound like a decent deal:

Starting MSRP: $36,750.00

Premium Package: leather seating, panoramic sunroof, interior light package, auto dimming mirrors, lumbar support, storage package and universal garage door opener. $3,450.00
    Heated Front Seats: $500.00
    Heated Steering Wheel: $190.00
    Satin Roof Rails: $250.00
    Satellite Radio with 1 year subscription: $350.00
    Destination Charge: $875.00

MSRP: $ 42,365.00

Money Factor: .00220
    Residual: 58% or MSRP

Lease Structure;

36 Months / 12,000 miles per year

0 Cap Cost Reduction with only 1st payment and a $75.00 tag/doc. fee due at signing would garner a monthly payment of $678.91.*

$1,500.00 total due at signing would garner a payment of $655.76* per month.

$3,000.00 total due at signing would garner a payment of $609.15* per month.

*Taxes and fees included.
  • Was able to negotiate the following lease deal today...any thoughts given the demand for the new model?

MSRP: $44,325
    Sales Price: $42,926 plus $399 Delivery ($43,325)
    Invoice: $41,285

2011 28i X3
    Metallic Paint - 550
    Premium Package - 3450
    Cold Weather Package - 1150
    Heads Up Display - 1300
    Satin Roof Rails - 250
    Destination - 875

Money Factor: .00175 (returning BMWFS)
    Residual: 59%
    36 month/10k lease

No money down or out of pockets. First payment due at signing. Monthly payment is $620.03 plus tax = $667.89 (Denver, CO).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
  • Redbone - I am sure someone else here will answer
    your questions but I just wanted to let you know that I
    think that the money factor for non-loyal customers is
    .00205 - so unless I am missing something, they are
    marking that up! So check that out.

Also, you mention msrp but what price did u negotiate?

Good luck!
  • yippeee - while I am not getting as many options as you,
    I just negotiated the following deal in nj for a 2011 BMW
    X3 28i with panoramic sunroof and heated seats/wheel:

MSRP - $39,665
    Invoice - $36,370
    Negotiated Price - $36,900 (so only $530 over invoice).
    It looks like you are paying $2000 over invoice so you
    may still have room to work.

I am a loyalty customer so I qualify for money factor of
    59% residual for 36 months - 10,000 miles
    with $1500 in fees/first month upfront - my monthly
    payment is $525.

Good Luck!
  • jkgetzjkgetz Posts: 1
    My wife and I just ordered a new X3 28i, but after reading these posts, I think we got taken for a ride. Our rep told us that because the model is freshly redesigned, there weren't really any deals, but that's not what it sounds like... We got the following:

MSRP: $36,750

Metallic Paint: $550
    Convenience Pkg: $1850
    Sport Activity Pkg: $1550
    Technology Pkg $3200
    premium Pkg: $3450
    Rear Seat Split: $200

Dest & Handling: $875

Total MSRP: $48425
    Taxes: $3039
    Other Fees: $1200

Miles/Yr: 10000
    Residual: 60%
    Money Value: we don't recall

$1500 down = $868/month pmt

Sounds like we should be able to get this price down considerably. Any thoughts. If they won't renegotiate this price down a little, I think we'll just cancel the order and go someplace else. I'm a repeat customer at this dealership, so I'm hoping they'll come off this price to something that's more reasonable.
  • pucellepucelle Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I was able to get the following deal:

BMW X3 xDrive28i
    Metalic Color
    Cold Weather Package
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Premium Sound System
    Satin Aluminum Roof Rails
    Smart Phone Integration

MSRP: $49,100
    Invoice: $45,625
    Price: $47,000 w/Tags, Registration, & Documentation Fee included

The only thing the price doesn't include is Taxes. I plan to lease and already have a BMW FS lease, I won't have to pay the disposition fee. I was thinking of leasing for 2 years as I'm not sure I'll like the X3 and the new 3 Series (my current lease) comes out later this year.

I currently have a manual transmission 2008 328xi and I realized about a year into the lease that I didn't like the car and HATED the dealership I purchased from. I have stuff and tend to cart it around so we'll see how much I like the X3 if I don't like it, I'll buy the new 3 series as it "should" have all the features I like in the X3.

Does anyone know what the January lease factor is for 24 months with 10K miles/year? Does the loyalty reduction count for that time period? I'll most likely do the paperwork in February but I just wanted to get an idea on numbers.
  • m00sm00s Posts: 1
    Anyone know if the preferred money factor is nullified if a previous BMWFS loan was discharged as part of a bankruptcy (within the last 7 years) ?
  • The preferred rate is for current BMWFS customers... or, at least those who have been customers within the last six months...

• Are you able to disclose the dealership you got your deal from?
  • joeyp17joeyp17 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I have a couple questions about a X3 lease that I am considering.

1. I used Edmunds to determine the invoice price of the vehicle that I would like to lease. The BMW dealer tells me that the Edmunds' invoice price does not reflect about $400 in fees that the dealership must pay to BMW. Accordingly, the dealer says that my offer of $600 over Edmunds invoice would really mean $200 over "true" invoice. The dealer is willing to use $600 over his "true" invoice as the cap cost for the lease.

My question is whether these fees are appropriately counted as part of the invoice price to the dealer or if they reflect an attempt to pass along costs to the consumer or are an effort to double-dip with holdbacks. I would like to be able to call the dealer's bluff, if he is in fact bluffing.

2. I have roughly the following deal currently. I would appreciate any opinions on whether this is a good, bad, or average deal. Thanks.

X3 that includes Rear-View Camera, Comfort Access Keyless Entry, Heated Front Seats, Panoramic Moonroof, Black Sapphire Metallic, Nevada Leather Upholstery, and Destination Fee:

$42,375 MSRP

$39,410 invoice (includes $400 dealer fees discussed above)

40,010 sale price (same)

$1,825 up-front, including first month's payment, acquisition fee, and all document and related fees (I think this is high by a few hundred dollars)

10% sales tax

.00205 money factor

59% residual (10K for 36 months)

Monthly payment is ~ $600 (I am shooting for $590)

Thanks.
  • 1) The dealer is correct... MACO (advertising) and a $180 training fee aren't on the Edmunds invoice.. I'm not going to tell you what a good price is, but even if it's the lower number, $400 more isn't going to make it a bad price..

2) If you aren't a current BMWFS customer, then that's the base money factor.. which is a good thing... Does $600/mo. include the 10% tax? If so, that looks like a pretty good deal...

You can't really do anything about the lease program.. it is what it is.. All you can do is control your purchase price (looks fair), MF markups (none), and ancillary fees (as you note, maybe a few hundred extra)..

If you really like the deal, tell the dealer he needs to take $400 out of the deal, and you are ready to commit... can't hurt to try.. you can always take it, any way...

regards,
    kyfdx

This discussion has been closed.