Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi bluebox77. While I don't know the exact dealer invoice price is for the truck that you are considering, the selling price that you mentioned appears as though it is fairly close to invoice. This is a good deal. The .00195 money factor that you mentioned is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for this car (7 additional deposits would reduce it by .00049. The two main profit centers for dealers, your truck's selling price and its money factor, look good to me. If you like this X3, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • leoxardleoxard Posts: 5
    edited February 2011
    Hi carman,

I am negotiating a lease for 36mo / 10k of an X3 xDrive 28i with all 6 packages + Premium HiFi and metallic paint.

MSRP $50,243
    Invoice $45,945 (edmunds)

I see from the Forum that the rate should be 0.00175 (loyalty rate) with a 59% residual for February.
    What should i be shooting for as far as final sale price of the vehicle? How much over invoice?
    Also, in March, do the rates improve or not typically?
    Thanks for all you help!
    Leoxard
  • Hi Leoxard. It's difficult to say what the X3's March programs will be like at this point. I can tell you that last year BMW's March program for this model was very similar to its February program.

If I was in the market for an X3 right now in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Sorry - I am just seeing this. The dealership is Freehold
    BMW in Freehold, NJ. Salesman - John McBride.

Hope this helps!
  • Thanks Carman.
    There is good competition here so I should be able to get a good selling price.
    At this point I won't wait for March to secure the car since the rates won't vary by much.
    Keep you posted on what deal I was able to make as soon as its done.
    By the way, the information found in this forum was priceless. Thank you for educating and helping the buyers community as you do.
    Leoxard
  • Carman,
    I was quoted $42,735 pp, and $39,800 (although his worksheet says $39,864.59 from a NJ dealer). CWP, PP and Comfort Access....which at invoice is $39,325. I am going to lease 36mth at .00175 mf and 58% residual, $369 for doc fee....so I checked this out on leaseguide and their residual is diff. So, I don't know which is correct. Could you please tell me what they are? Upfront fees I will pay NY taxes and roll over plates,any other fees I should pay upfront out of pocket instead of financing them?
    Please help.
    :confuse:
  • Hi,
    I negotiated the price of a 2011 BMW X3 with the options I wanted for 37,500. Today I asked for the break down of figures for a lease. The money factor given to me was .00205. That seems a bit high to me. Can I negotiate the money factor? What would be a reasonable money factor?
    Thanks
  • For information purposes.

Pulled the trigger on a 3 yr, 36,000 mi X3 lease today in the Chicagoland area:

XDrive281 –

Base MSRP - $36, 750

Metallic Paint

Convenience Package

Premium Package

Heated Front Seats

Heated Steering Wheel

Satellite Radio

Carpet Mats

Destination & Handling

Total MSRP as built – $44,515

Edmunds Invoice – $40,960

Sales price – $42, 715

Residual – 58%

MF - .00245 (I’m a new customer)

$2500 out of pocket (cap cost reduction)

Payment - $660 includes all fees, taxes, title & license

Ordered today, delivered in 4 weeks…….maybe a bit much but I’m happy.
  • rj9rj9 Posts: 1
    I just signed for a 36 month 10,000 mile a year lease this is the deal any info on if its a good deal would be great this is in the NY area:

35i

premium package
    sport utility package
    heated front seats
    heated steering wheel
    Metallic paint

$0 money out of pocket just first month and dmv fees.

MF: .00175
    MSRP: $47,865
    Neg price: $44,550 $500 above invoice
    Residual: 56% + 3 for 10,000 mile lease
    Total per month including taxes $680
  • You're very welcome, leoxard. I'm glad that you've found this forum so helpful. I'm looking forward to hearing how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello voldermort. The money factor and selling price that you were quoted for this X3 look good. The 58% residual value that you were quoted is correct for a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bellatrix1. BMW Financial Services' buy rate (lowest possible) money factors on the 2011 X3 are .00205 for non-loyal and .00175 for loyal BMW customers. If you do not currently have a BMW, the factor that you were quoted is correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you Car_man, I was at the dealers, and he told me that the MF and Residual's will be better in March.....don't know if it would be that much of a difference, but I guess I'll wait to see.

Wld you know if that is true, or if that happens every year with BMWF?
  • leoxardleoxard Posts: 5
    edited February 2011
    Good news Car_man!

I was able to negotiate the following:

MSRP - $51,650 (includ. all packages, Premium HiFi and metallic paint)
    $500 over invoice
    Drive Off: 1st month, $870 (bank fee + doc fees) + DMV Fees
    36mo/10k
    MF 0.00175 (loyalty program)
    59% Residual

Thanks again!
  • Xenon package
    Panoramic Moonroof

$0 Down Payment
    Loyal Customer
    MSRP Quoted: $40,205

$610 w/tax per month

Is this a good deal?
  • skeets7skeets7 Posts: 5
    Went to Palm Springs to trade in my '08 335i with 16k miles and 2 years left on warranty/maintenance. Wanted to lease a new X3. Offered less on my 335i than every other dealer that I visited (three others. Also told that they would not budge much, if at all, on MSRP. And get this, I was told I did not qualify for BMW Owner Loyalty Rate because my original BMW loan was sold to Bank of America. To qualify for rate, you must have a current loan with BMW Financial Services. I did, but BMW sold it to BofA!!!! I walked out of the dealership quite upset and disheartened. So I decided to test drive Acura and Mercedes. Nice vehicles, but just something not right for me. Ended up passing a Volvo dealer, never even thought of one. Drove the XC60, loved it and leased it (really comfortable). The Volvo people seemed like they wanted my business, they needed my business, and they worked hard for my business. I really wanted the X3, but this was a very close second. Five years free maintenance is now free and standard with Volvo. I hope someone at BMW reads this because they absolutely lost an enthusiastic customer; and a customer that will tell his story.
  • techlvrtechlvr Posts: 2
    My '08 X3 lease is ending soon, and I will be leasing a new X3.

The following configuration has a MSRP of $41,575 and an invoice of $38,280 (edmunds).

2011 X3 xDrive28i

Alpine White
    Premium Package with Nevada Chestnut Leather
    Comfort Access keyless entry
    Destination & Handling: $875

What monthly payment should I try to get? Also, I never put more than 5,000 miles per year on my car (my current '08 X3 has 13,000), so do you think this could help me negotiate a lower lease payment?

Thanks!
  • rdxerrdxer Posts: 33
    Don't turn in your car. If one is nearby, sell it to CarMax. Like you, we drive very little each year. We always sell our leased vehicles to CarMax and always walk away with $1k-3K each time. They love lo-miles cars in great shape.
  • techlvrtechlvr Posts: 2
    Unfortunately I'm in Illinois where you have to pay sales tax when you lease a car and again if you decide to buy it, so I would have to pay almost $2,000 sales tax if I were to buy the car and sell it to CarMax.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,876
    You don't have to buy it first... CarMax is a dealer.. if you go before the lease expiration, they can buy the car directly from BMWFS.... giving you any excess amount over your lease payoff, just as if it were a car loan.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.