Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks for clarifying Car_man. I wasn't sure about the $750 Dealer Cash as a savings option for the X3.

S
  • You're very welcome soupaman.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 145
    Anybody know how many MSDs you can do with BMW and how much each one reduces the MF? Looking at a 2012 X3 28i if that matters.

Also, any recommendations on great internet departments at dealers in N. California (or SoCal).
    Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,666
    7 deposits at .0007 each, for a total reduction of .00049

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks for the prompt response, Walt!
  • jmorsjmors Posts: 6
    How does this deal sound?

2012 X3 28i
    Metallic paint
    Tech Package
    Premium Package
    Destination

MSRP: $44,925
    Sale price: $42,000

36 month lease (10k miles/yr):
    $3415 due at signing (includes 1st payment and taxes)
    $572/month

Residual is $26,056 (58%)

Is there more room here? I pretty sure there is by the reaction of the sales rep when I got up to leave, but I'm wondering how much lower I can get it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    leoxard....

I'm in the Bay Area too. What dealership gave you $500 over on your 28i lease?

Thanks!
  • Hiya. Have the BMWFS rates for a 36-month, 12,000 miles-per-year lease of a 2011 BMW xDrive35i changed since last month?
    According to this forum, i think they were at 0.00195 and 58%.

I'm going to a dealership in about three hours :-\
  • Nope, they haven't. :)
  • jdmassjdmass Posts: 11
    My dealer (in Massachusetts) is insisting that the 3-yr 12,000 mile residual value on an X3 currently is 56% not 58%. This contradicts the info a few posts up. I've bought 2 cars from this dealer so I'm hoping they're not lying to me? Are they?
  • according to the schedule posted at bimmerfest.com, the residual is 54%, i believe this is standardized for 15k/yr. elsewhere on that forum, someone wrote there was an adjustment of +2% if you lower the mileage to 12k, so 56 sounds right. the residuals changed as of the beginning of nov, and are lowered every 2mos afaik.
  • Hi - I am looking to lease a new X3 35i. I am in the NY metro area and am returning my old 335i (lease expires in Jan 2012). After going through the forums I am still a little confused about what I should aim. Please suggest:

MSRP: 51175 (X3 35i, metallic, cold weather, technology and premium)

BMW finance discount: -1000
    Dealer discount: -3000 (I think this is prob the best I can aim for)

Net cost: 47175

MF Factor: 0.000195
    Loyalty discount: -0.00030
    Enhanced loyalty: -0.00075 (not sure if i qualify for both?)
    MSD: -0.00049 (I live in NYC but I can lease a car from NJ to do this)

Final MF Factor: 0.00041

Residual: 56% (12K, 36 months)
    Monthly : Around 600 USD + Registration + other fees + security deposits

Do u think this is reasonable to aim for ? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to close this very soon...

Thanks !
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited December 2011
    Hi jdmass. BMW FS' current 36-month, 12k residual value for a 2012 X3 is 56%. The posts that you saw are referencing an expired program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man -

Care to post the updated rates and residuals for January? I'm looking at both the xDrive28 and xDrive35.
  • Hello chdavis. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X3 xDrive28 with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an X3 xDrive35 are interestingly exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • dlcd23dlcd23 Posts: 1
    Was just quoted the following from a BMW dealership...'12 X3 xDrive 2.8i (MSRP: $47,800)... convenience pckg, cold weather pckg, premium pckg, technology pckg, roof rails...$660 p mth. $3,600 due at signing. Seems high to me, no? Should I be looking at an X5 or ML 350 instead? Also, is cargo space too small in an X3? Thanks.
  • Hey dlcd23. Do you happen to know what this vehicle's selling price is? Having it will make this deal much easier to evaluate.

Car_man
    Host
  • Don't forget to include sales tax in any lease equation - which is why I bought. 1.99% for five years through Triple A, $44,995 list for a 28i with convenience, premium, cold weather, satellite radio and roof rails, including the $895 delivery fee. Negotiated price was $42,250 at Wagner BMW in Shrewsbury MA - what a pleasure to deal with! Car built to order (wife is fussy about color!) and delivered in less than 3 weeks. Happy driving!
  • manny431manny431 Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I was wondering if you could help me out with a few questions. I'm currently negotiating a lease deal with my dealer for 2012 x3 that was a demo. It has about 3k miles on it and its base as far as options go. I was thinking that this car should go below invoice since it is a Demo model. I also have another BMW so I get loyalty incentives. Whats a good or fair price on a car like this? I cant seem to find any information in leasing demo models online. Also, could you include the current money factors and residuals for a 12k mile 36mo lease?

Thanks a lot!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi manny431. It's difficult to say how large a discount the dealer will be willing to provide you on this truck, but I completely agree with you that I would want a selling price of under invoice on a demo vehicle that has over 3,000 miles on it.

BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X3 2.8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.