Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Car_man,

What would the residual and money factor change to for a 15,000 mile on a 2013 X3 35i?

TIA,
    WP
  • I posted couple of posts asking for help and never got any response. Probably I should change my screen name to georgiagirl or calgirl or something.

thanks so much guys for all the help you provided. so long.
  • Hi WP. The money factor for a lease with 15,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 3% lower than it would be for a lease with 10,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    edited February 2013
    Hi sk_web. I'm sorry that you never got a reply to your post. The Edmunds.com forums are a community of car shoppers and car lovers who talk with and help others. I answer as many questions that I can for community members, starting with the ones that are specifically addressed to me. It doesn't have anything to do whether they were posted by a boy or a girl :).

More often than not a fellow shopper or owner will chime in with an answer to a politely worded question, though the higher volume vehicles and discussions certainly have more discussion than the lower volume ones like the X3.

Do you still need assistance on a deal? Your original message is only from a couple of days ago. If so, I'd be happy to help you our.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am interested in leasing a new vehicle for 36 months (maybe 39 mo.) and 15k or 12k a year. I am flexible if the numbers are much better on one vs. another. What is the money factor, residual and any lease deals for these vehicles? Which one would lead me to a better deal?

BMW x1 sDrive28i with Tech, Premium and Driver Assistance Package.
    BMW X3 xDrive28i with Tech, Premium and Cold Weather Package.

Do you have the numbers for an Infiniti FX37 with Premium package also? I am not sure which is the "better" deal for what you get. Any thoughts? Thank you!
  • Here's what my dealership offered:

2013 X3 xDrive28i with Cold weather package, Navigation and moonroof
    MSRP: $45,595
    Selling Price: $42,554
    Capped Fees: $1,557
    Total Taxes: $1,398.48
    Total Cap Reduction: $3,165
    Adjusted Cap cost: $42,345
    Customer Cash: $3,684
    Base Monthly Lease: $519 (including tax)
  • I forgot to add, this is for 12K.

I need your feedback if this is a good deal or not.
  • web site shows similar car for less
    http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/Vehicles/2013/X3/xDrive28i/OfferDetail.as- px?NAModelCode=13XD&OfferType=2&regiontypeid=2

search the pages of this thread you will see what others are paying.
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,523
    As someone posted the "standard" lease special that BMW has for the X32.8 is a much better deal with more equipment for same down and a much lower monthly payment.

Have you gone to trurcar.com and see what prices people have paid for the same X3 in your area? Truecar price in my area Phoenix, is $41,808 the same model, What money factor is the dealership charging you? what is the residual they quoted you?

I would print off the BMW own special for the X3 and bring it to the dealership and ask they need to meet that special or you are walking.
  • They're using MF = 0.013 and Residual is 59%.
  • pichapie1pichapie1 Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    I checked that as well but mine had the navigation and its 12K instead of 10K.
  • That can't be right 0.013 is too high, it is equivalent to interest rate of over 30% !! Are you sure it is not 0.0013?
  • Is the money factor and residual the same between the 35i and 28i? 57% and .00130?
  • Hi ncluvluxcars. BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 sDrive28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 X3 xDrive28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these vehicles' residual values would be 2% higher.

The numbers for a similar lease of a '13 FX37 AWD are .00071 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ncluvluxcars. Yes, the money factors and residual values for both trim levels are exactly the same, .00130 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm looking at a deal on 2013 X328i with premium pkg, tech pkg, cold weather pkg, convenience pkg, and satellite radio. This is what I'm quoted:

MSRP $49195
    Selling price $47190
    MF 0.00130
    Residual 60%
    10k miles/ 36 mo. lease.

I'm being quoted a monthly payment of $735/mo (per salesperson, sales tax is rolled into this quote). My tax rate is 8.25% When I put numbers into a lease calculator, I don't get anywhere near $735/mo. Am I off base thinking that I'm not being told about a boatload of fees?

Any help is much appreciated!
  • okcloookcloo Posts: 11
    They should be able to tell you the fees upfront, if not go to another dealer. I'm in Southern California and got the same car you were quoted on, minus convenience, at $400 below invoice, monthly payment of $600, paid 1st month + $1500 in fees to drive away. Hope that helps.
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,523
    Find another dealer that is way too high even with Tax included, for that price you should be driving a X5.
  • gsreddygsreddy Posts: 3
    MSRP: $45,245
    Sale Price: $42,575 ($400 over invoice)
    Sales Tax: 0% as there is no sales tax in OR
    36 months 3000 down 10k per year is 521 per mo
    Residual Value: 57%
    Money Factory: .00150
    Adj cap cost 41382

Is this calculation correct? I need to confirm tomorrow morning, so please advise.
  • chaozz1chaozz1 Posts: 49
    to high
    look at web site its cheaper and better car.
    this is not even with working a deal.
    msrp is $48,295.00.
    http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/Vehicles/2013/X3/xDrive35i/OfferDetail.as- px?NAModelCode=13XE&OfferType=2&regiontypeid=2

$499 First months payment
    • $3,000 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $725 Acquisition fee
    • $4,224 Cash due at signing

even if you did 3k only down on this car your payment would be about $530..that dealer your working with is taking you to the cleaners
This discussion has been closed.